“Good place to stay, great service”

Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Renaissance Boca for 2 nights on our way to the keys. the front staff was very friendly and check in (and check out) was very easy. the room was fine, the pool area was very nice and the pool bar was great. I want to give a big kudos to the pool bartender, Shane, he was courteous and knowledgeable of the hotel events and areas to go and see around Boca and Deerfield Beach. they had a fun pool party on Saturday with a cookout that was great and relaxing. the hotel is a bit outdated, but I can see that they are in the process of updating the hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Perry Ellis H, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Thanks for the nice mention here. I would ask for some more feedback on where we can make changes that you feel would make the experience not only for yourself better but all of our guests. That is what I want more than anything else is: "What can we do to make your stay better next time". Thanks again and hope to see you back with us soon.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Property is small with limited offerings, but with many conveniences for a business traveler and in a great location. The luxury suites are smaller than standard rooms at most hotels, barely the size of a good room in other hotels, but are comfortable. Major problems occur if you stay in the weekend and are a light sleeper. Rooms are not sound-proofed well and you can hear them at the pool all night and sometimes in the hallway or next door. The restaurant food is still great and highly recommended. The service isn't slow. But room service can be hit-or-miss.

Property is a Renaissance in name only when it comes to the actual amenities, but lives up to the Renaissance name with its staff. Mostly a welcoming, attentive staff who greet any guest they see and address problems quickly. Only disappointment is the massive turnover in staff--had some seriously great people in the past who completely disappeared without a trace and was shocked that no one I asked at the hotel knows who they were. I'm talking about that fantastic tag-team of Phil and Peter I met when I came to the hotel the first time. Those guys were charismatic and friendly, and made me feel like I was the guest of the hour every hour every time they saw me. They were superb. The new staff is great sure, but those two were outstanding and really set the tone of the stay.

Room Tip: You think the pool-view rooms are better, but not if there are guests making noise out there all nig...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank M W

Thank you for your feedback and nice rating. Your review really stands out to me because not only did you enjoy your stay and give us a good rating but you also gave some good solid feedback that we can improve upon. I will say turnover in any business in the nature of the beast but this hotel in particular really needy some changes. For several years this hotel suffered with service and consistency. As a team we made sure we had only the type of team member that put their teammates and guest first. Period end of story. Peter is actually still here and is still doing a great job. Phil moved back to Chicago with his family and that is one change that I feel wish would not have happened but things change. We have a great team and one that is stable and with one thing in mind, making you are valued guest a memorable experience. Reach out to me on your next visit as I would really like to sit down and pick your brain a bit on our hotel. Thanks for the review and feedback.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I got a great rate at this hotel. The location is superb, good restaurants and a Starbucks across the street. Interstate 95 and Military Trail provide an easy way to explore Boca and the beaches. I was working nights finishing up after midnight. The bed was one of the best you can get one the road (pillow top). The blackout shade made sleeping in easy! The in room coffee is excellent. Good strong and reliable wifi.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor, overlooking the pool, very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Your review was very nice and I appreciate the kind words. I guess the only question I have is: what can we do better next time to get a perfect rating? I mean that with the most respect and in complete earnest. We want to be perfect in your eyes. Reach out to me directly at anytime if you would as I would truly like any and all feedback on how we can be even better. We can't get better without your feedback.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

From the moment we checked in on July 12, 2014, to our VERY early check-out on July 15, the staff at Renaissance Boca Raton went out of their way to ensure that our stay was flawless. Peter Dante and Peter Wenzell greeted us at check-in, and both gentlemen went above and beyond to make a positive first impression.They were professional, welcoming and most helpful in expediting our check-in process. The bellman who assisted us with our bags was most helpful. Although I cannot recall the bellman's name, he certainly handled our voluminous bags with ease and delivered them to our separate rooms quickly and pleasantly.

Our rooms were on the first floor, and each had a lovely patio area facing the pool. The rooms were well appointed and included Aveda toiletries in the bathrooms. I spent a lovely day by the sparkling pool and enjoyed the tropical setting and lovely accommodations. Chairs were plentiful, large, soft towels were provided, and the beach bar offered the perfect setting to grab a delicious salad for lunch.

Throughout our stay, the staff went out of their way to make sure that everything was to our liking. Within minutes of check-in, Hayley, from the front reception area, called to check that we were satisfied. A few moments later, she called my friend's room to check on her as well. Wherever we went in the hotel, the staff was welcoming and eager to offer help with any request. In addition, Peter Dante and Peter Wenzell continued to assure that our needs were met. Freely, our waiter for breakfast on both days, was attentive and especially helpful with special requests.

When we checked out at 6:15 a.m., the bell staff was not yet on duty, but Eric from engineering quickly responded and assisted us with our bags before the sun came up! Even at that hour, Eric was pleasant and cheerful, and he quickly gathered our bags and belongings and helped us repack our car to accommodate everything.

Although I cannot remember the names of all the staff members we met during our stay, I can say that each person we encountered was friendly, professional and quite pleasant. When walking through the hall or lobby, employees routinely offered friendly greetings and inquired about our stay. The Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel is a first class hotel, and I am eager to return!

Thank you for making our stay a most pleasurable experience!

KC Atlanta

Room Tip: The Linai rooms with the patio facing the pool are lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Well this certainly made me smile and was music to all of our ears. We have a very special leadership team that extends to all of our team. There truly is nothing we won't do for our guests. The lengths we will go to ensure your satisfaction are second to none and when we read a review like yours, the smiles are property wide. We can only hope you come back soon and spend an extended period of time with us. We want to pamper you and be your home away from home. Come back home.. We will see you soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We recently stayed at the Marriott Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel and had a wonderful time. From the moment we checked in, Peter Wenzell made our stay exceptional. He was very professional, attended to all of our needs, and always had a smile on his face. You felt as if he were welcoming you into his home and wanted you to enjoy everything about your stay.

Our room was lovely and had a great view of the beautiful pool area. Requests for extra towels and a refrigerator for our room were immediately fulfilled.

We were there to visit friends and to tour Lynn University. He made sure that we had directions so that we could get anywhere we wanted to go without getting lost.

The room was very clean and all of the staff were very friendly. When we left yesterday at 6:15 am, they even sent Eric from Engineering to help us load the car since the bell personnel were not available.

Our family has done a lot of traveling and I am told that I am quite particular. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool have the best view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jan W

Quite Particular! I love it. As a team we like to think that we are very particular and although we know everyone can't be satisfied with everything, we take particular into account when we do anything. We are indigenous and want to make sure we help each and every guest "Discover" something daily. Whether that discovery is the Boca Beaches, Mizner Park or an amazing hole in the wall restaurant that has food and atmosphere that are gems. We can't wait for your return and appreciate you being particular as so is our team.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Our first visit here for our 34th wedding anniversary. We were upgraded to the 5th floor upon early arrival. The room was perfect, clean and had everything we needed. The staff at the front desk so helpful and even printed directions for us to a local spot we wanted to visit. Just a few minutes off of I-95, a great place to stay and will make it a destination when in that area again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your quick review. We were so glad to make your special occasion special and memorable. We look forward to your return and hope Renaissance Boca stays your hotel of choice when back in the area.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Well I have to say I had high expectations but they were not met. The room 212 was tiny..the bathroom so tiny hardly large enough for one. It was my husband and I and our 12 yr old. Normally a king room with pull out not an issue for size. We had to use roll away which we requested however was not set up and had to ask twice before it was.

We asked for extra towels and pillows and got extra blanket and sheet. Bathroom light was broken..asked for light bulb to be changed but the fixture itself was broken.

The person who checked me in had to be asked to do so..she was totally mindless! Alexandra I believe. I could tell she didn't know how to check me in or what she was doing at all and had to ask someone else many questions. Said she couldn't find me a room, then she couldn't find my king bed etc...I did reserve a king in a renovated (as advertised) room as a Marriott reward member. She voiced all of these "I can't find" to me, so unprofessional. I was nervous I had just come from a 3+hr car ride. Finally Hayley came to both of our rescue. Saw her many times during the stay and she was really nice. Cookies and water at evening check ins in lobby. Bar at pool and restaurant in hotel but didn't use either. Rate paid was fair $92 with free wifi nothing else. Walls are thin, toilet SO loud when you flush it!

I poured over tripadvisor and other sites for reviews on hotels in Boca before reservation. I chose it because it had good reviews, pool seemed nice and it said all was renovated 2014. Well room 212 had what you call a LIPSTICK reno. The sink was cracked, light in bathroom was broken and had clearly been re-painted, new carpet and mattress stain on chair and wood furniture was not new...no way. New paint, not a great job you can see all the old areas and wear and tear. We have stayed at 3-5 star hotels many times and this was not a 4 star hotel..in name but not in hotel. The pool chairs were miss-matched and 94% of the chairs were OLD and so uncomfortable! The pool was ok at best the floor tore my feet up so hard and bumpy! I was totally disappointed. I did get an email the night we checked out from the manager that says if they can do anything let them know...ok nice to hear from the mgr but would have gone further with me if I had seen that person upon check in and been told in person...an email when I am leaving next morning? too impersonal and too little too late. I will say when I actually asked Hayley for our roll away she was the one who got that done in no time flat & I am sure if I had had her upon check in it would have at least only been one time I had to asked for it even though I did so at reservation time. If I ever come back, it will be with my husband only and not sure I will. The decor in lobby nice, in elevator a little different but the room had a strange snake print wall paper and the tile was gold/green a little "scare face" from the 80's look? Could tell it was original and old not renovated at all. I can see where they are trying to revamp the hotel's look...but you have to start over to do so not blend with the old and make it new...it was strange.

We checked in on a Friday late afternoon 4 pm...Sat before 8 we were gone and by 3 pm we came back for pool and shower for the evening. At that hour, housekeeping was STILL cleaning. I have only had that happen one other time. It was crazy and we had to wait in lobby 45 mins before she was done which was a problem with our time frame for plans in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your time and feedback. As disappointing as this review is, we appreciate the feedback as we need it to be perfect. That is our goal..>perfection. We may never get there but we will strive to be perfect. I see you had read reviews prior to your stay here. I will say the reason our reviews are overall very good is that we have a great team and a caring team. It is sad your experience wasn't the best and sometimes that happens. We won't please everyone and your view obviously is different from so many. However, we obviously made some mistakes and for you bringing that to my attention, I can only thank you and hope you come back again to see what everyone else talks about for yourself once and for all. Thanks once again.