“Hidden Gem for Business or Pleasure”

Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This property is slightly off the path, a block in from both main roads (Glades and Military Trail), but make sure you don't miss it! As an admin of a local large company, I've booked many events there and was always very satisfied. Since I recently moved out of the area, I stayed at the property for the first time. I now know that I can book my company's guests there with complete confidence. The staff was amazing and the room was clean and very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was set up early for those of us that have to "hit the ground running."

The Renaissance sits between two very nice shopping areas - a major mall to the west, and a plaza a block to the east with plenty of restaurants, so it's great for out of town guests. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Denise342
Perry Ellis H, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

We would like to think we are a Gem. Hidden? Maybe but we certainly need to change that perception. :) - Thanks for your time in completing this review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and love having you apart of the Renaissance Boca family. See you soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I am a frequent business traveler, so I have had the usual variety of property experiences from the sublime to the very poor. Like so many business travelers, I've learned to roll with the punches and just go along to get along. My expectations are minimal - just give me a decent bed to lay my head at the end of a grueling business trip, a decent restaurant on premises, and a staff that is competent and not surly.

Well, the experience at the Boca Renaissance hotel is just top notch, exceeding my highest expectations. It begins with a sincerely warm welcome at the front desk, usually from Peter or Andre, and they go the extra mile to ensure my stay is comfortable, and lacking in nothing. In fact, the hiring process and the training program at this property must be incredible, because no matter what staff member you pass in the hallway, there is always a genuine smile and a warm hello, from the maintenance crew to the maid staff, to the management. And it is always genuine - you can tell.

The final aspect of a great hotel is attention to details. And that's where this crew excels. They remember everything, from my dinner preferences, to my habits, and everything else that makes my unique travel style comfortable to me, and they anticipate those needs and make sure they're met before I even check in. That's class!

I cannot recommend this property enough to any business traveler who is looking for a warm, comfortable, reliable stay - and who among us isn't? I just worry that too many people will find this hidden gem and make it harder for me to ensure I get my room first!

Keith K

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view - it's a nicer view out the window.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Keith K

One of the best reviews I have seen and certainly one of the most appreciated by each and every member of our team. We do take pride in our service and we do approach every new team member with a screening second to none. We only want team members that want the best for each and every guest we encounter. We can always do better but it is refreshing to see hard work indeed pay off. It is reviews as such that make what we do for a living worthwhile. Thank you for your review and as always...Hurry Back!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Was checking out of the Renaissance Hotel in Boca Raton this morning, 07/10/14 after a wonderful stay with a very friendly and pleasant staff.
I was sitting in the hotel lobby finishing up some work on my computer as I waited for my ride to the airport, when this crazy woman all of a sudden came in the main entrance screaming about a palm frond. Wasn't sure if she came in from the streets or was high on drugs or intoxicated as she started to scream at an employee at the hotel front desk about palm fronds. She now had the attention of everyone in the lobby.
This frightened me because her tone and actions made everyone think someone was severely harmed or injured. After I settled down and collected my thoughts I asked an employee at the hotel who this strange woman was. I was informed by the employee that (this crazy lady) was an actual employee of this hotel. OMG! I asked this employee who she was and he was hesitant about telling me her name. I am a little persistent and spoke to this employee as a friend and was given the information I asked for. Her screaming was all about a palm frond laying on the ground at the front entrance to the hotel. "REALLY"
Get that upset and behave this way as an adult over something like this. The crazy woman in question happened to be the head of housekeeping, Vezna or Vesna (not sure of the spelling of her name). This palm frond in question seemed to agitate her beyond reality.
I feel the need to bring this to someone's attention because it was very uncomfortable and showed unprofessional behavior by an employee in front of guests. My pleasant stay ended with a bitter taste in my mouth.
Mainly felt sorry for the desk person that she was ranting to about this frond because he seemed shocked and embarrassed by her behavior as, we the guest did to.This gentleman handled the situation with the utmost professionalism. He should be commended for how he handled this incident .l myself would not been able to handle this situation with her screaming and belittling me in front of guest and other co-workers with such calmness.
I am not sure of the Marriot's policy on such an incident but felt the need to bring it to Upper Management's attention. I have never experienced this type of behavior at any Marriot facility.
Wanted to give the this hotel a perfect 10 up to my departure until this incident occurred. My rating now can only be a 7.5. It's a shame that I have always been able to give a perfect score when visiting and wish that the others on staff could have a perfect score from my stay here at this hotel.
Hope to return in the fall without having to encounter any other outburst from any other employees who seem to not take pride in themselves enough to respect the guest. Without us guest coming and staying at this fine establishment this employee would not have a paycheck at the end of the week. Hopefully someone in management can speak on my behalf to this woman about the situation that occurred.

A concerned guest

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Lorraine M

First and foremost thank you for your feedback. I cannot say enough how important feedback is to the health of our operation. Without your feedback there is simply no way we can improve, so again thank you. That being said, I am aware of the incident in question and I can assure you this was an isolated incident and has been dealt with. My concern obviously is that it happened at all and that you felt the need to write a review on this incident which speaks volume. Thank you once again and we hope to have you back soon so that we can show you what we truly are made of from top to bottom.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was our first stay, but it won't be our last. Every single staff member was attentive to our needs, and remembered us by name after our first introduction. We were in town to celebrate our best friend's 50th birthday. The staff provided us with excellent accommodations and service. All of the rooms are redone with new carpeting and fixtures. The lobby is exquisite. They have an awesome tropical pool and hot tub that is open 24/7. The tiki bar at the pool is a nice touch. The buffet breakfast features the best pancakes we have had in years. The exercise room has state of the art elliptical machines and treadmills, and free weights. They even have fresh fruit and cold bottled water each morning in the exercise room. It almost felt like, wherever we turned, there was a staff member there to offer assistance or just a friendly smile. I travel over 100 nights per year on business. I have stayed at Marriott properties over 1200 nights in my lifetime. The Renaissance Boca Raton captures the pure essence of Marriott - and makes Marriott "feel like our home away from home." If you are ever in the Boca Raton/Ft Lauderdale/West Palm Beach area, don't hesitate to spend a few nights at the Renaissance Boca Raton. You will be glad you did.

Room Tip: All rooms are great - ask for Pool View if you get a chance.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Wow! I could not have said it better myself.. :) - Thank you for taking the time and your kind words about your team and hotel. Our team does take so much pride in our service levels and to see you (our valued guest) leave satisfied, I can't tell you how much this means to our amazing team. We love the feedback and our only goal is to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you once again and please hurry back to your home away from home.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is our third stay at this wonderful hotel. The service is superior. The dining room and front desk staff make everyone feel so welcome and really go the extra mile. The location is great and right next to the Town Center Mall.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for the nice review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please hurry back as we can't wait to deliver another amazing experience.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

A absolute beautiful hotel. Everything was perfect. The best part of our stay was Peter at the front desk. He went above and beyond. The pool area is awesome. Very nice and relaxing. Looking for a great place to stay? You just found it.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank melchamberlain
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thank you for the kind comments. SO happy you enjoyed your stay. This will definitely be bulletin board material for our team of Ambassadors. We look forward to your return and appreciate your time to complete a review. Have a fantastic Week!

Perry Ellis Hansen

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is the second time we've stayed here and I can't say just how wonderful the staff was. Extremely friendly and welcoming, they took care of our every need! Angela and Debbie were especially wonderful! Great value and location as well. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: June 2014

If you only knew how happy the team gets when they see a review like the one you took the time out of your day to post. We have a meeting daily and Trip Advisor reviews are a main point of discussion in our goal to be the #1 rated hotel in Boca Raton. Thank you for your time and if we may be of further service please don't hesitate in reaching out.

Regards,