“Nice Resort with Friendly staff and an awesome location”

Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Went there for a weekend with family and I must say the resort impressed me. I am a million miler, frequent traveler and have high expectations from hotels and I must say this one pleased me.

Right from the time you walk in, the staff at check-in is very helpful. The Manager on duty, Dantes, went out of his way to help us settle in, got us what we needed and even delighted the kids with sticker books (not that I expect that) !

The rooms are very clean and well maintained (recently done up). The granite in the rest rooms is chic and gives a fresh feel throughout. The pool is also very nice, clean and is well designed for family fun. The kids had a blast. The restaurant is also very slick with a decent international menu and a pleasing ambiance. The breakfast buffet is awesome with 2 choices that cater to different appetite levels.

The internet is blazing fast and works well all through out the property. The gym at the hotel has new, state of the art machines which work well. The fresh oranges and bottled water in the gym is a nice gesture and good thought.

The property leaves little to be desired and does justice to the Marriott brand (I am a big fan)!

Location is excellent and close to multiple dining options so if you get bored with the in-resort dining options, there is immense variety within walking distance.

So if all is well, why did I take off a star? Perfection is the end of progress, they say. There is scope of improvement as far as intra-hotel communication is concerned. I had a special Marriott package that included some freebies etc. but only the managers were aware of it. So I was continuously explaining the details to the hotel staff (restaurant, pool bar etc.) and people were clueless. Yes, the manager did finally fix it when I asked at checkout but the issue can be easily solved by sending a simple communique to the customer interaction staff. A few additional options for entertaining kids will be a cherry on the cake.

Overall, this property rocks and I am sure they will continue to do well. The attitude is right and the management is competent which gives them the two most important ingredients to success.

Go on people, check it out and Keep Traveling.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st level face the pool and suites with king bed are all pool facing. If a patio/ balco...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

I could not agree with your assessment more. We are proud of our team and I do believe we have a very special group that is poised to do amazing things. However, we do have challenges and one is our consistency with inner communication. I am just so sorry that you experienced that. I tell them team everyday, Our goal will always be perfection... We may never get there but that will be our goal. Thanks so much and we can't wait for you to return so we can change that to a perfect score. Thanks once again.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

This is my home away from home. From the time I walk through the front entrance - greeted by name - to check-in, I encounter welcoming, energetic, friendly, and warm Renaissance employees. Angela, Steve and Melissa, as well as all of the other team members, are very helpful and make my stay very enjoyable each time. Furthermore, Jamie, John and Yudith continue to go above and beyond in helping plan meetings and events. The upgrades/remodeling of the sleeping rooms and lobby are beautiful. This property is first on my list when I visit Boca Raton.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay as well as your events. We are proud of the team that we have and know that each member goes above and beyond to ensure each one of our guests leaves satisfied. Not just satisfied but truly a memorable experience. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Spent two nights recently at this property. I chose it mainly for it's location and being a Marriott Renaissance property.
The property well exceeded my expectations both in appearance and amenities. Pool area was absolutely beautiful, had a great Tikki bar with an excellent menu and service. The room was very well furnished, great linens, Aveda products in spotless bath. Nice technology amenities in the room.
Above all in the pleasant stay was the staff. Specifically Mr Dantes at the front desk. Rarely have I encountered a hotel representative that exudes a more genuine interest in serving hotel guests. Both his professionalism and his ability to quickly and effectively address any presented issues was a true breath of fresh air.
I would HIGHLY recommend the property.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that overlooks pool. Also they have some ground level rooms that have small patio...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent stay and the team thanks you for such a nice review. Every review we receive we go over as a team and look for things we can do better. To get such a nice review and to know that you truly enjoyed your stay, makes what we do so worth it. Mr. Dantes who you spoke of is a true professional and we are so fortunate to have Mr. Peter Dantes as a member of our team. We strive to create memories and it looks like we may have done that with you. We look forward to your return and stay in touch.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This was our first experience at this particular hotel in Boca Raton. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Melissa, Angela and Steve. They are so friendly and warm. They provide the best service ever. They could not be more accommodating. Peter was helpful at he desk too.

Breakfast in te restaurant was delicious! There was a nice variety of food. The service was very efficient. We took advantage of the concierge room as well and that was great!

The room was nicely done and very comfortable. The hotel and pool area was very pretty and clean!! The health club was nice there too. Just use your room key to access it at any time.

We made another reservation for early July and we know that we will be returning again many more times. Everyone made us feel as if it were our home away from home. I cannot say enough about the staff and service were received. The Marriott is so fortunate to have a caring team all as wonderful as they are. Angela is the best!! You are so lucky to have her as an employee!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

We are very proud of our team and the ambassadors you mentioned are part of our core leadership team that leads by example. I see you are back in July so I must insist you reach out to me so I can meet you and do everything we can to raise the bar once again. We strive for perfection and that is the type of stay we want you to have. Thank you and can't wait for your return.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

5/9/14 Staff friendly.Hotel had 2 weddings going on so it was too noisy and we left after first night.Only 2 towels in room but got more.Room was nice atmosphere.Id like to stay when there are no events.

Room Tip: breakfast not included but was comped due to noise from wedding parties.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your time. You are correct we had two weddings on site and when these events happen it does create more of a challenge for us as a team. However, our goal is to ensure you receive the same amazing stay when there are events on site and when there are not. I do apologize that the noise did effect your stay. I will take this feedback and see what we can do to correct a few challenges so that next time we are perfect in your eyes.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip recently, and found it quite expensive for what it was. Staff were generally friendly but the details of what was included in the price was not explained and it turned out I had to pay for meals that I thought were included. Rooms were tired and could do with brightening up and new furniture. Would only use this hotel again if it was close to where I needed to be

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for your time. We appreciate your business. Your feedback is appreciated and we will look at every issue listed. I would like to respond to your comment on not being explained what meals are included. Please note we are a Full Service hotel and no meals are ever included. This is a norm so that information would not be brought up because as a Full Service hotel that is understood. However, I appreciate your feedback once again and hope you have a great day.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

loved every moment we were there. great staff great rooms...just beautiful!! very friendly staff.
very honest also we had forgotten something in our room and when we called they had it waiting for us at the front desk..would go there again and again...

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ogala

Thank you...Thank you ...Thank you for your kind comments. Our team reads every Trip Advisor and we celebrate satisfaction. You have taken the time to write a review and strongly state the team created a memory of what we call "WOW" service. This is why we do what we do and look forward to your quick return. Thanks once again and hurry back.