“Good value for the price and excellent service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel

Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
“Good value for the price and excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

This hotel is great if you have business in the area. I used to stay at the Marriott in Town Center Circle, but this will definitely be my new hotel. I stayed in a Lanai room, which are newly remodeled, and nice. The rooms are nothing spectacular, but they get the job done. Especially for the pice: $209/night! The pool and bar are a very nice surprise. You'd never know you're in a somewhat "businessman" hotel when you're hanging out by the pool. It's like you're in a tropical retreat! Seriously. And the bartender at the outside pool bar, Shane, is awesome. I was doing some business calls from my lanai, and he very graciously offered to bring drinks and snacks to my lanai. A few times. I didn't expect that level of customer service, and was pleasantly surprised. I should also give a shout out to Angela Debbie, who I believe is a manager of the property. She was so incredibly nice, and very accommodating when we needed to cancel one nights stay at the hotel. I would definitely stay here again and plan to do so in the future. Keep up the great customer service, and I'll keep coming back!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Brett S
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Love the review and appreciate the fact you enjoyed your stay here with us. I believe you described our hotel to a "T". To say we are "businessman" hotel but you find out we are truly resort type with the retreat feel. That is certainly what we shoot for. We want to make sure no matter the reason you are here, that we give the amenities and relaxation you receive at a resort on the beach. Thank you once again and hope to see you really soon. I just want to know what we can do to get a perfect score :). Thank you

Perry E Hansen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

First things first; I want to commend the new GM and his team on stepping up what we already considered to be a customer focused organization. My family and I visit this property a few times a year to look in on nearby family and we have never been disappointed by the level of service we've received. This was by far the best service oriented visit we've ever had. The staff I've dealt with in the past have always been courteous and professional, but on this visit in particular, the staff really seemed to be enjoying themselves by smiling, joking, and really engaging with me and my family. It's the little extra effort that keeps us coming back.

I made a request to the GM to see if they could set up some Easter egg dyeing for my daughter. The holiday season just got away from us this year and the front of the house staff took care of all of the details beautifully, setting up a station near our poolside chairs and then moving everything inside when we realized the activity might cause a riot. As they were setting the egg dying up, a youth basketball team took over the pool area and we thought things might get out of hand as there were not enough supplies for everyone, so the decision was made to move everything into one of the banquet rooms. My daughter felt like a princess at the Ritz, so I would say this was a success for her. I also delivered Easter baskets and goodies for my 2 kids and asked the front desk if they would call our room Easter morning and tell the kids the Easter Bunny dropped baskets off for them. The ladies at the front desk excitedly took the Easter goodies and then asked if they could put the baskets together! Believe me they were having fun. Everything went along as planned and the execution was perfect. The kids got the call from the front desk at 7:30 am, baskets were picked up, and Easter went off without a hitch.

We took most of our meals Saturday poolside and the burgers as always were perfect. Breakfast Easter morning at Umbria was very good, as always when we dine there. The renovations are a huge improvement and really look great. I've been staying at this property since 2006 and it's wonderful to see it get the TLC it deserves.

Looking forward to our trip back this summer!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I must say the team had a ball playing a role in getting the Easter eggs colored and getting the baskets together. We felt like the Easter Bunny. I am still hearing comments of how much the team enjoyed this and how cute your daughter was. It brought back nice memories for the team for when they were young and the Easter Bunny was still in play. We don't want any credit for this as we had a ball and to be honest these are the type of fun things we love to do. This is the reason we do what we do, to see smiles on faces and make memories. Thank you for your time with this review. I can tell you this team enjoyed your company as much as you did. We also look forward to your return.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Renaissance. The service was wonderful, the room was perfect and the pool area was fabulous. You felt like you were in a resort any place in the world when you were sitting out there. Cheers to my favorite, Angela and to Peter, Steve, Kaitlin, Melissa,Hailey,
Debbie in the dining room,and our housekeeper in the room, Vena. She always brought all my towels and thanks to her supervisor. I loved that the manager was in the lobby one day greeting the guests.

Room Tip: Go for the bigger room!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you - Thank you - The first order of business is to share this with the ambassadors you mentioned. I will personally recognize these ambassadors at our next Team luncheon. I can't tell you how happy that makes the entire team. We hope you enjoyed the local attractions here in Boca and our amazing beaches. Thank you once again for your time and we look forward to your return.

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had a great stay thanks to Lorre, Deborah, Grant, and Steve just to name a few of the employees that gave us great service. Loved everything about the hotel from the lobby to the room to the pool, everything was just great. Thanks for a wonderful stay and we will recomend this hotel to many friends.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased that the team was able to assure you of a memorable experience. We look forward to your return and I would personally ask you reach out to me prior to your arrival so I have the chance to meet you and ensure your satisfaction.

Worcester, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I heard the hotel was recently renovated so I thought I would try it. The lobby is very nice and the staff responsive. It was impossible to get a good night's sleep. The bed was uncomfortable. The air conditioning unit was loud. We could hear everything in the other rooms-toilets flushing, water running, even a mere sneeze. The housekeeping staff were loud in the morning and, even though I had a late checkout, they knocked on my door 3 times and once came into the room! The room was "renovated" but the toilet was old and dingy and very loud when flushed. The pillow cases had black marks on them and the windows were not sealed properly so you could hear lots of traffic noise. The cost of a movie was almost $20.00 which I purchased because my daughter really wanted to see it.

Upon my arrival, I received an email from their general manager indicating that my complete satisfaction a priority and to let him know if I needed anything during my stay. The email even offered a cell phone number. I responded to the email with the same comments included here and received a very short received a short "thanks for your feedback" response. I certainly will not be returning to this hotel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank M J
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I do remember your communication and did rectify the situation and compensation. Not clear on your comments. That being said you have given us some valuable feedback so that we can improve. Without your feedback we cannot improve. Thank you once again

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

The best thing this hotel has is the staff. I went there for a wedding on October 2013 and the price was reasonable, the staff was always very helpful and kind. The rooms are clean and spacious.
I definitely recommend this hotel. Also, they offer fresh cold water in the lobby which is very much appreciated.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for your review from October 13. So much has changed since you were here in October. We have a new management team/staff - newly renovated rooms. If you thought we were good before then you will love us now. We hope to see you soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

This hotel is one of the most beautiful I have seen! The customer service is excellent and all of the employees are friendly and very professional....it felt like home! Hayley at the front desk was exceptionally helpful and we really appreciated her going above and beyond for customer service!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for your review. We hope you had a chance to catch our RLIFE LIVE on Saturday with the one man band (steel drums) and cookout by the pool. I will certainly let Hayley know you mentioned her by name as she will be thrilled. Thank your for your kind comments and hope for a quick return. If I may be of further service please don't hesitate in reaching out to me directly.