“Lovely setting and friendly staff”

Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had an ok stay at hotel. My room was clean and the bathroom was updated. I noticed a cigarette smell the second night in the bathroom and room. The staff was very nice and changed my room.
I was planning on eating breakfast at the hotel with my daughter and granddaughter - the manager gave vouchers for all of us. The breakfast buffet is on the small size - but was good. In addition the pool and surroundings is really nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in renovated section
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Gloria H,
Thank you very much for submitting a review references your last stay. Your kind comments both positive and constructive will be passed onto our Team to review and correct. I am always happy to hear our ambassadors (associates) were able to correct your problem quickly and efficiently to your satisfaction. Once again we appreciate your comments and hopefully the next time you are in the Boca Raton area you will visit us again so we can exceed all your Expectations.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is really a lovely hotel with a nice pool and outdoor seating areas. The room was a good size and nicely furnished. The TV seemed too small for the room and I was very disappointed to find no room service menu in the room when I arrived. I called and asked for one and they brought be a photocopied sheet of paper with very few selections. The hotel has a nice restaurant on site, so I don't know why the room service menu didn't reflect the options available in the restaurant. As a business traveler, I'm on my own and don't generally want to go sit at a bar or at a table by myself. I expect to have decent in-room dining options and was disappointed that this hotel didn't offer them.

Dear Pdx Julie,
Thank you very much for submitting a review references your last stay. Your kind comments both positive and constructive will be passed onto our Team to review and correct. As the General Manager I always appreciate feedback so I can take the proper steps of correction to avoid from happening in the future. Once again we appreciate your comments and hopefully the next time you are in the Boca Raton area you will visit us again so we can Exceed all your Expectations.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

First time at this hotel and we had a great time. The pool area is so nice and a fun place to kick off your sandals and relax. The Valet team were excellent and the Front Desk followed up with
great expectations. Rooms are standard but clean and that's what matter's the most to us. Our friends are getting married and they choose your hotel for their room block. We will be back in
February and look forward to having another Great Great Great Stay!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ms. Jennie A,
We greatly appreciate and thank you very much for submitting a review references your last stay. Your kind comments about our Team are very kind especially about our Front Desk that they “followed up with
great expectations”. I am always so happy to hear that our Guests enjoy their stay especially when they have the time to enjoy our “Hidden Gem, the Oasis Pool area and Bar”. We look forward to your return visit in February to your new “Home away from Home”.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Pretty nice hotel with lovely pool and outdoor tropical landscaping. Our room was comfortable but did have a wall mounted air conditioner. The furniture is updated with business styling and everything appears clean. There is a nice bar and restaurant with quite good food, not gourmet, but good tasting and presentation. The staff is accommodating except the maid service did not leave us bath towels. I called the desk to ask for towels. The desk staff called me two times to see if the towels had arrived but they had not. Five minutes after the last call, the towels came. We had a discounted room rate because of a group, so I don't know the usual price. But the group rate was price friendly,

Dear Ms. Leita Luetta,
Thank you very much for submitting a review references your last stay. Your comments both Positive and constructive are appreciated and will be shared with the team. I appreciate your nice comments about our facility and you pleasant dining experience. Once again thank you for your detailed comments. Hopefully you will visit us again when in the Boca Raton area so we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Arrived at this hotel to check in at 1:00am as I had a late flight. The front desk politely greated me and said "she had some bad news". They were OVERBOOKED! (I've had my reservation for a month) and I would need to drive 8 miles up the road to a Residence Inn.

Residence Inn has outdoor entrances with poor lighting which at now almost 2 am feels very unsafe. The room has a nasty odor and is not up to the standards of most of the Residence Inns I've stayed in - let alone what I have come to expect in a Renaissance.

2 issues:
#1 - When did it become acceptable for a hotel to overbook and then ship guests off to a new - much lower quality hotel?

#2 - Would it have been that difficult for some one to have phoned me to let me know that my room was given away so that I could have avoided a trip to a full hotel in the middle of the night? Technology has come a long way. I'm pretty sure the system is accurate and they could have notified me ahead of time.

Completely disgusted with the Marriott brand right now - and will definitely never book at either of these two hotels again.

Dear Ms. Sandy V,
Thank you very much for submitting a review references your last stay. As I mentioned to you in person, this was an unseen incident and we cannot apologize enough for this inconvenience. I was happy that you were able to return to the Hotel the following day and enjoy the rest of your stay at our location.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

One of our favorite spots to visit when in South Fla. Everyone is hospitable and the location is easy to everything we need when visiting the area. The pool is one of the best to enjoy a book have a drink or just down right relax. Thanks for another great stay

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lucy f

Dear Ms. Lucy F,
Thank you very much for submitting a review references your last stay. Your kind comments that “Everyone is Hospitable” mean so much to me and the Team. I am always so happy to hear that our Guests enjoy their stay especially when they have the time to enjoy our “Hidden Gem, the Oasis Pool area and Bar”. We look forward to your return to your “Home away from Home” and hopefully exceeding your expectations even more.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

WOW WOW WOW we are all missing you guys already.. We had so much fun your pool The front office staff is so nice and made us all feel like we were at home.. We stayed at the other marriott across the street the big one and was not impressed at all... This is our new home....

Room Tip: They are all good..

Dear Mr. Hans H,
Thank you so much for completing a “WOW” review. Your kind comments about our property and ambassadors (associates) are definitely appreciated and will be shared with them as well. I am pleased that we are your new “Home away from Home” and look forward to your return the next time you are in the Boca Raton area.