“my birthday 2013”

Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I enjoyed my birthday with my wonderful sister. I flew in and spent 2 days with her before going to Lakeland, Florida to see our mom. It was a beautiful place. We were very busy and did not get to enjoy the amenities but the room was very nice. We drove to see the ocean and found a nice restaurant looking out to the beach and the water. Thanks Sheila, I had a blast!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
BocaGM, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance for your Birthday celebration. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your positive comments about our associates. Hopefully the next time you are in the Boca Raton area you will visit with us again so you can enjoy all the wonderful amenities we have to offer.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I arrived at the hotel to find plenty of parking & a beautiful entrance. Swanky outdoor patio furniture, nicely lighted entrance (I arrived at night) & overall sense of checking in to a luxury boutique hotel. Once inside I was awed by the beautiful lobby. Clean design that is functional. An elegantly uniformed and properly groomed agent checked me in. Fresh green apples were on hand in a beautiful bowl for the taking. It was as if Martha Stewart herself had placed them there herself that morning.

But the buck stops there. I turned the corner to an outdated hallway and ugly elevator landing. The hallway themselves look more like that of a Howard Johnson in the 80's. The room was completely outdated, ugly, dark, not very clean and not functional. Outdated drapery that has "5" panels that don't overlap so that light comes in at 5 different intervals, old school wall A/C units that are quite noisy and blow the air in your face, a work station that has seen its day and phones that look like hey belong in Ronald Regans Limousine and not a modern day luxury hotel (Mine got stuck and became inoperative until the hotels GM explained to me how to fix the problem). My room had cables next to the wall that were popping out, a bathroom that has NO towel rack anywhere (just a hook on the door that's at the 6FT mark), and a moldy shower head. The bedding was somewhat plush. But these beds have seen there day. Prepare to wake up with back pain as the center of these beds will swallow you in like a crater. If you want to order room service, get ready to wait. As they did not have a menu in my room. The excuse ? - I was told they were printing and ran out.

The front desk staff is hit or miss. The agent that checked me in was wonderful. But the rest were terrible. The hotel hires eastern European staff that have an at times difficult to understand English. They were rude, arrogant & very nasty. I am still in shock at the attitude that I received.

I did speak to the GM of the property. She was very nice & did try to correct the situation. But she was more interested in offering me a free lunch. Then she was in truly rectifying the problem. I never got a call back, I never got any follow up and I doubt that she ever spoke to her staff or did anything about it. In fact. I was waiting to write this review in hopes that the GM would call me back to follow up. But she never did. I was very clear to her that I did no want or need a free lunch, but she insisted. What I wanted was proper coaching and feedback so that incidents like the ones that happened to me do not happen to anyone else again.

I was in Boca because a very dear relative was in the hospital in critical care. The staff knew this and still choose to treat me so poorly. These people have no heart, no courtesy and there is a reason why the hotel is so inexpensive vs. the other 4 star properties in this area.

My advise - Don't stay here. Don't be fooled by the lobby either, this is a great tale of deception once you get to your motel room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed feedback and I apologize for all of the inconveniences you encountered and the inconsistency of service you should of received and desired. As the new General Manager I will personally investigate each item you mentioned and correct accordingly. I realize this does not correct what happened but hopefully shows you that Customer feedback is very important to us and will not be taken lightly. Hopefully in the future you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust in the Renaissance Boca Raton. Please call me personally to set up future renovations. Again I appreciate your feedback and detailed comments.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We love this place. Only the pool bar/snack area was closed at 8:30PM (Sat Night) when we
were looking for a bite to eat outside with the ambiance. Great pool and Hot tub.
And when its open a great little pool bar with food.

Room Tip: .I've never been disappointed. We like close to elevators.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Boca Raton. I appreciate your positive feedback and will investigate why the Pool Bar closed early during your stay. Hopefully the next time you are in the Boca Raton area you will visit with us again so you can enjoy all the wonderful amenities we have to offer.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great location in Boca just around the corner from the Boca Towne Center. This is between a 3 and 4 star property as far as facility appearance and service. The beds are becoming like hammocks. Giant depression in the middle when you lay down. It is way over time for those to be replaced. The A/C units are a little noisy. The Marriot Boca Towne Center has moved up slightly above this property in appearance and comfort level although I have to say their beds are also getting non supportive from age.

Room Tip: Try to avoid by the elevators. The check in staff put us right at the elevator for unclear reason--t...
1  Thank bigsky3

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Boca Raton. I appreciate your comments and I will definitely share with ownership on your concerns about our bedding and prioritize this concern for our future renovation. Hopefully in the future you will visit us again so we can re-gain your 100% satisfaction. Please call me personally so I can ensure that you have a room as far away from the elevator as you requested. Once again thank-you for your both positive and corrective feedback, it is appreciated.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We arrived and were welcomed by very pleasant staff who were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean with nice size rooms. The pool area was not real big but very nice with a pool bar to sit and relax. Liked the hotel because it was not so big but had everything you would want and was convenient to interstate and shopping area. When we visit again we will most definitely stay here

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Debra S, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Hello and thank you for sharing your wonderful comments regarding our team and the hotel with other travelers on Trip Advisor. I am also thrilled when I receive feedback from our guests.

I am so glad that you found our Oasis Pool bar and pool area welcoming and relaxing. Guests have shared that they feel like they are in a resort like atmosphere in a quaint but inviting area.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to our hotel in beautiful Boca Raton.

Make it a great day!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just returned from a weekend stay and was pleasantly surprised. The Lobby looks newly renovated and the furnishings were in excellent shape. Our room on the 3rd. floor also was well maintained with a striking black marble tile bath area. But it was the staff that made the difference. They all were accommodating from the check in to breakfast to check out.
I have to say there were 2 negatives. No matter how cool the room got, I still felt damp. The other was the hallway carpet was starting to show some wear. Some may consider these major but the staff still made it an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Debra S, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you very much for your outstanding comments regarding our team here at the hotel. We pride ourselves on our excellent guest service. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for such a wonderful stay at our hotel.

I am pleased to share that we are in the beginning stages of a rooms and corridor renovation within the next year. I do not have an exact start time as of yet but will definitely update once I know more.

Again, thank you so much for your praise of my team. Service makes the difference and that is what makes the Renaissance the preferred hotel choice for those visiting the Boca Raton area.

Make it a great day!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were disappointed. The other Renaissance Hotel we have stayed at were new and nice. The room was tired and worn. The rug was dirty, the chair in our room was stained and torn. Not particularly clean. This hotel needs a renovation. Bed was too soft--probably old.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Debra S, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Hello and thank you for taking time to review our hotel here on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay. The hotel is currently planning our upcoming renovations. I do not have the schedule as of yet but I will be sure to inform you when I have more information regarding this.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel at Debra.Saccavino@BocaRenaissance.com to reserve your future reservations and I would be more than happy to keep in contact with you regarding the details of our improvements.

Thank you again for your time and I look forward to meeting you should your travels bring you back to Boca Raton.