“Another Great Vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Another Great Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Once again my wife and I chose to spend our annual 12-day vacation at this wonderful hotel. From the moment we checked in to the moment we relunctantly checked out, our vacation was relaxing and fun, due in no small part to the staff's professional attitude as well as the personal attention they afforded us. Their attention to detail made us feel as if we were the only guests in the hotel. No request of ours was too minor not to warrant their immediate attention.

Although the hotel is situated in the heart of Boca Raton, close to a major shopping center, the manner in which it is landscaped makes you feel as if you are staying at a remote hideaway, especially when you are outside by the pool.

The concierge lounge is a well appointed area, the bar is fun, and the Umbria restaurant has a wonderful ambiance.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room on an upper level. Try to book as much as possible in advance, and check out...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Debra S, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you again for your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor and those that you shared with me in person during your stay. It was certainly a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to welcoming you back when you return to your Boca getaway...

Thank you again and make it a great day!

Deb Saccavino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The staff was extremely helpful, friendly and available. The hotel is close to several restaurants and the Boca Raton mall. Relatively close to I95 for quick access to the airport. The rooms are dated and show there age but very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Sidwell_C
Debra S, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I greatly enjoy hearing from our guests and having them share their experiences with us.

I am glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I understand that you felt that our rooms could use a slight upgrade. We are in discussions with our ownership group regarding room renovations which I am happy to report will be in the works very shortly. Once I have more definitive information, I would be glad to share.

Thank you again and should your travels bring you back to the beautiful city of Boca Raton, I sincerely hope you spend some time with us again.

Thank you and make it a great day!

Smithton, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and i came down for a long weekend in Boca Raton. We couldnt have been more pleased with this great hotel. The staff was excellent. The pool area was amazing and very relaxing atmosphere. Very close to shopping, dining, and 95

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eric S
Debra S, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hello and thank you so much for taking time to share your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I am so happy that you had such a pleasant experience here. We pride ourselves on our excellent guest service and upgraded tropical pool and Oasis café.

Thank you again for staying with us and I sincerely hope if your travels bring you back to the beautiful city of Boca Raton, you will definitely spend some time with us again.

Make it a Great Day!

Cape Coral, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

My fiance booked us a suite here for my birthday and our 3 year anniversary (which are days apart) in June. The hotel is in a great location (right off I-95), close to restaurants, and super easy to find. We got in very late - almost 3 AM. The staff was quick with checking us in and very pleasant.

My fiance had planned with the hotel to have chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne delivered to the room so that was actually the first thing I saw, and those I couldn't have been more pleased with the room. The king bed was absolutely amazing. Fluffy white sheets and lush pillows. There was a big screen tv in the bedroom, but we never used it.The bathroom was marble everywhere - separate shower and tub were very spacious and beautiful. The shower had a rain shower head, very relaxing. I usually bring my own soaps because I don't often like hotel soaps but they had a rosemary and mint shampoo which I wound up using as bubble bath because the scent was just so calming. We didn't have a single problem we noise and we slept there for 3 nights.

The "living room" area was a kind of uncomfortable small couch, a foot rest, another big screen tv, a chaise, a small small bar-type dining table and bar stools, and then there was a little nook with a coffee maker and a mini fridge. I think there might have been a microwave too but I didn't use it so I don't recall for sure.

We went down to the pool area in the afternoon on Saturday. It was a little overcast but the sun was coming through. It wasn't very busy but there were a few kids who were jumping off of the rock-waterfall decoration they have and their parents kept yelling at them, so that was a little disruptive but not the hotels fault!

The pool was decently sized and looked clean. We went into the jacuzzi next, it was the perfect temp. I don't usually like jets and this one was no exception, it just hurts my skin. But my fiance loved it. After we got a Piña colada and a Sex on the beach at the bar, it right next to the pool. They were both surprisingly strong.

We slept in pretty late the next day, we had asked the hotel for a later check out time because we had arrived so late on our check in day. They were perfectly fine with that. We checked out just before 2.

It was absolutely a great stay and the price was UNBEATABLE for the value!! We will definitely be back! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Debra S, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that you both enjoyed your time here. Happy Belated Birthday and Anniversary!

I hope you make the Renaissance Boca Raton part of your annual celebration!!

Thank you again and I hope to meet you during your future stays with us.

florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Lovely hotel with a tropical pool area. Stayed here many times over the last 2 years. Been in many of the rooms. Contemporary styled lobby and rooms. Beds are a little worn and losing their support. Morning buffet is fairly good but a little expensive for what is offered.

Room Tip: Upper floors preferrred. Generally a quiet hotel on all floors. Ask for a discount card for the morn...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bigsky3
Hello and thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. I am glad that you had a pleasant experience at the hotel and with my team.

We have been making upgrades to our hotel and continue to do so. We welcome you back to the hotel to see these changes for yourself.

Thank you again and make it a great day!

Den Bosch, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Spent two days at the Renaissance for business. Arrived at around 23 hrs and they had no food avaiable but I could order at a place nearby for delivery to the room. Only got phone number no menu. Didn't bother and went to bed. Room did not have a mini bar despite the cupboard for it. At some stage wanted to order a drink at the pool bar. Several guests waiting for service but nobody there. During breakfast, needed to ask for sugar and a spoon. Eggs Benedict were superb though! Wifi was free and functioned very well. All in all okayish for a business stay for one or two nights, wouldn't go there for holidays.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DeKokkies
I would like to thank you for posting comments regarding your recent experience with us on Trip Advisor. I appreciate any and all feedback that our guests share with us.

I apologize that you did not receive great service during your stay. Our pool bar and Umbria restaurant close are typically closed during the time of our arrival. There are not many places within Boca that serve late into the evening except for one or two restaurants. We should have explained their menu and extended additional services to you. Again please accept my apology for the lack of service that you had received.

Thank you again for your time and I look forward to meeting you when your travels bring you back to Boca Raton and to our hotel.

Scotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Very nice property. Staff is very helpful and friendly. This was my third stay here and loved it. Very nice pool area with an out door bar, not large but big enough. Very close to shopping and restaurants. Rooms are good sized and the bed was very comfortable with excellent pillows. My experience in Boca is the tap water is not very good so you may want to pick up a bottle or two for personal consumption. It is available through room service and vending but I would rather save a couple of bucks and buy it on the way to the hotel. I will be back in a couple of weeks and I am looking forward to it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank steveack
I would like to express my thanks for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that you had a wonderful experience with us.

I would like to inform you that we now provide complimentary bottled water on our club level rooms so you do not have to bring your own.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to our hotel and the fabulous city of Boca Raton.

Thank you and make it a great day!