“Good Place for Next Year.”

Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
“Good Place for Next Year.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here twice in last two years. My wife and I come to Boca 3-4 times yearly to visit an aging relative and have stayed at all the Marriots here as we'll as most other hotels. We tried this one hoping that the promised room renovations would be done but ,alas, no.
The room was adequate and relatively clean. Unfortunately the room was missing adequate towels, a working tv,functioning ac/heat, a TV guide for the tv which was eventually fixed.
The service was good in that all of the above we're corrected relatively rapidly but there was a sense that this room had not been inhabited recently.
All of the service people were very nice and helpful but gave the feeling that they had been given a poorly functioning ship to run.
Once again I was told that renovation of the rooms was underway but I hav heard this before.
Some of the other reviews are quite positive about the pool area but we are not here for that so can moment on that.
Also be warned that there is no shop for sundries,water, snacks etc.
Finally this hotel has promise but give it a year or two to get it's act together. Having said that it is only fair to say the same about all hotels in Boca in this price range. Check them all out as they are all getting long in the tooth.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Debra S, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. I can understand your frustration regarding the status of our hotel. My team and I strive to provide every guest the best service possible. We would like to speed up the process of a renovation but unfortunately that is not in our power at this time.

I would welcome you to return to the hotel to see some of the changes / improvements that we have already made. We have brought on a new Executive Chef, a new Chief Engineer as well as a new Beverage & Food Director. I am confident with our excellent leadership team, you will have a much better experience than you have had in the past.

Deb Saccavino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Tarrytown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

At the end of March my husband and I needed a pre-cruise hotel in the Boca Raton area. We were visiting family the day before our cruise out of Miami. After reading several not so good reviews about the rooms , we were a bit hesitant. The area was very convenient for us so we opted to give it a try. The hotel was lovely!!! The lobby and public rooms were quite modernized and the staff extremely welcoming. Our room was immaculate and the bedding was quite comfortable. We are clean freaks, so this is always our 1st concern! Yes, the rooms do need some updating. We were told during a very pleasant conversation with their front office manager that this will be done by the end of the year. We enjoyed a night cap in the hotel bar and full breakfast the next morning before heading out. Overall a very pleasant property that I would not hesitate to return to - even before the rooms are re-done!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bandp407
Hello and thank you for posting comments regarding your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you were able to catch up with family before you disembarked on a much deserved cruise.

We have been speaking with our ownership group regarding upcoming renovations to our hotel. I will post more information as I know more.

We look forward to your next visit with us and I hope to meet you during your travels.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have just returned from a long weekend at the Renaissance. Went to Lynn University's open house which is nearby. The hotel is clean and inviting. There is always fresh flavored water (cucumber, orange, grapefruit) in the lobby which is refreshing. Free coffee is served in the morning as well. Breakfast was slow moving as far as service goes but lunch by the pool was quick and very good, Our room was nice and the pillows were incredible. My only complaint was that I had to ask for towels everyday. They never gave enough and we were only 2 people. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you had enjoyed your time here. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. The infused water is only one of the many amenities we have throughout the hotel for you to discover during your stay.

I look forward to meeting you during your next stay with us.

Washington D.C. Metro Area
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a bit tired. As noted, the pool area is the best spot in the place. I see it noted that it is being renovated, but I saw no sign of this activity. The hotel itself is in a rather odd location, but near a number of places to eat and shop. I would look for other accommodations is I have a choice.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your time in doing so.

We are in preliminary talks regarding upcoming renovations but nothing has been made definite as of yet. We have made some upgrades to our pool area and focused on cleaning and maintaining the area as well.

I hope that you will return to our hotel to notice the changes that we have made.

Tyngsboro, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while we were in Boca Raton for a wedding. My husband and I are Marriott Gold Members so we travel to many different Marriott Hotels. The good points about the hotel were that it was modernized, had a nice pool area and they even had a shuttle service that took us offsite to the wedding.

The bad points of the hotel was that I had requested a refrigerator to store my breast milk and was told that they would check with house keeping and get back to me, but never got back to me. I was then told that I could store my breast milk in their refrigerator. I did not feel comfortable doing this on the off chance my milk got mixed up with someone else's milk. I also had sanitary concerns not only for my milk but for the other items stored in this fridge. We had also requested adjoining rooms and did not even get rooms on the same floor. Also, my husband and I requested a late check out on the Sunday so that we could enjoy the pool area (where we were eating and drinking with our 4 friends that we brought along) we were checking out and were told we could not have the late check out, not even for one of the rooms. As Gold members, we have never been denied this request especially when we were checking out on a Sunday. Lastly, when we checked out, the women at the front desk shooed us away and asked why I was still standing there. I stated I was checking out and they said, you are all set and din't even give us our bill. Well when my husband and I got home, we checked our bill online and found that instead of applying our ECertificates for the 2 rooms, we were doubled charged!

Overall, we expected more from our stay and based on this experience, would not come back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CarlaAndy
I appreciate you taking time to share your recent experience with us. It is easier for me to make upgrades to our hotel and service levels when I receive excellent feedback from our guests.

I am sorry that you did not receive a refrigerator nor were you granted an extended departure time. Even though the hotel was busy with the wedding, we should have made a better effort to accommodate your requests.

I certainly hope that you would allow us to renew your faith in our hotel. I look forward to meeting you during your next stay with us.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel lobby and pool area is beautiful - the room is about the same as you would find at a holiday inn - not at all bad, but not up to the level the pool area and lobby would have you believe. The bathroom was not as spotless as I prefer and the beds definitely felt a little small. All in all however, if you need a hotel in Boca, this is certainly a good one. Staff was great, so was location business-wise. We paid 130 for the night - I don't think I would pay much more than that to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad that my staff made your time with us a more pleasant experience.

We are in preliminary talks with our ownership group regarding upcoming renovations. I will post more regarding this when I have more information.

I look forward to your next stay with us and to get the chance to meet with you as well.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Was very impressed with the entire hotel. Staff was nice, rooms were nice, pool area was great. They offered great tasting water every morning with a twist. It was right of I95 so it makes it easy to get everywhere we needed to be. Will stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
Hello and thank you for your time in posting a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you like the added amenities such as the infused water that we have available every morning.

I look forward to your next stay with us.