“Wonderful Experience”

Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at the Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel in Oct 2012. The hotel was superb, particularly the staff. The front desk were very friendly and helpful and gave us a warm welcome. Michael Allen the General Manager. certainly went the extra mile, he drove us to a shop waited for us, and drove us back to the hotel. He also booked an appointment for our daughter and drove her to the appointment. In all my years of holidaying I have never experienced that kind of care before.

2  Thank Jo1577
Michael A, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Valued TripAdvisor guest - I would like to take a moment to thank you for the kind words on your recent stay. It is great customers like yourself that take the time to share their feedback on their recent stay at the Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel.
We look forward to your return visit and thank you for your business.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Thank so much for the great service you provided at this property for my sister and I during this difficult time for our family, as my brother in law had his emergency spinal surgery at Delray Medical Center. We stayed from September 26 to October 9, 2012. Thank you for accomodating our needs and making us feel at home and very comfortable. We can't thank you enough coming every night from the hospital to the hotel to get some sleep and you guys always making sure that we started our morning with a great breakfast.. Mr. Allen's team, you guys are awesome,and the entire staff were exceptional to us from top to bottom including Mathias, Garrett, and Claudine at the front office, the housekeepers and all the restaurant employees. Thank you so much! We are greatful to you for the fospitality and our wonderful stay in the middle of our family crisis. We will not cease to remember you guys in our prayers. We will make sure to come back to Boca and stay with you guys. Thank you

Room Tip: End of the hallway suites are quieter, specially on the 4th floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Michael A, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Dear TripAdvisor customer,
The feedback you shared with us titled - “Total appreciation for the hospitality services provided at this property!” This feedback was very appreciative and clearly is what makes our team shine with any guest situation and truly reflects what our team is all about. We were very sad about your family situation and wish you the very best under your most difficult situation.
We hope to see you back to the hotel under better circumstances.
Michael Allen – General Manager

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The two M's are rockstars! Mathias (Front desk manager) and Maria (Concierge lounge host). I travel for a living and during my stay in Boca, every encounter with the staff at Boca has been exceptional. They are inviting and accommodating and make me feel comfortable when away from my home. The location is spot on, close to the town center mall, close to many restaurants, and the outdoor space/pool area is great! Thanks guys!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for all the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at the Renaissance Boca Raton. Your specific highlights on the staff were much appreciated.
We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your return visit.
All the Best,
Michael

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had a wonderful stay! Although the rooms had a little smell... It was great! The restaraunt was great! The brothers derick and david are sooo funny! They deserve a raise! In all i would return... Great stay!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear valued TripAdvisor customer,
Thank you for the positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel. The feedback --> "Great stay!" = really means a lot to us and is our goal with each and every guest staying at the hotel. I will make sure to recognize both Derick & David for the extra efforts in making your stay so positive. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your return to the Renaissance Hotel.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I really like this property..My husband and I just stayed 2 nights during a visit with our son who is studying at a local college. I LOVE the lobby decor, the cosmopolitan atmosphere, the pool area is terrific - very tranquil and well appointed. The staff were great - very on top of things. Great location, felt very safe. However, being a former hotel employee, I notice everything and I was quite disappointed with a few things. The rooms smell extremely musty - older wall units can be the culprit of that. Also there were a variety of maintenance issues in our room..some might not have been noticed by staff (slow drain tub) but some are more obvious (poorly patched hole on back of bathroom door, shower curtain hooks damaged and in need of replacing). Slow and inconsistent internet service in our room. Business center and lobby "boarding pass" computers didn't work properly when we tried to use them - appeared to be internet-related issues.

Pool-side lunch service was very good and we had dinner one night in the hotel restaurant and it was good but the menu was a bit limited.

Would come again...particularly if internet problem corrected

Room Tip: As for room overlooking pool, our room faced adjacent parking garage and I had to close drapes to bl...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear TripAdvisor guest - we appreciate the highlights of your recent stay at the Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel. Specific feedback including - "really like this property.. My husband and I just stayed 2 nights during a visit with our son who is studying at a local college. I LOVE the lobby decor, the cosmopolitan atmosphere; the pool area is terrific - very tranquil and well appointed. The staff were great - very on top of things. Great location, felt very safe."
These positive comments are what make our hotel stand out among other hotels to stay in South Florida - thank you for your business and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The staff that checked me in couldn't have been more accomodating, attentative and inviting. I beleieve nothing would have been too much to ask-period. Great attitude, quick response and pleasingly memorable. Jasmine(front desk) was exceptional, extraordinary and encompassed extreme qualities of human compassion! The bellman would've jumped through fire if I asked.I gave him nice tips to them for his great service. I was also serviced quickly by the other front desk woman who hand delivered my late night meal. Then the tables turned when the overnight staff came in,; and forget about it with the day staff with an exception to the cabana bar woman who was amazing! The maid service was shameful. They left food from the night before with dairy products in it, made my bed with the same sheets AND didn't change my toilet tissue; left it for me. I can make my own bed; I visit resorts to be entreated not to live like I'm at home. The restaurant staff was a disaster! RUDE! I don't eat pork and there was no meat option for me-it was bacon, sausage or nothing. Yet, it was $15.95. Thank GOD for the chef who made the omlettes; willing to get extra coffee-the only accomodating factor in the restaurant. The food was good and fresh, though. The appearance is nice, but RESORT? hmmm.... I was brought a refrigerator and it was left in a corner; I put it in the cabinet myself-tacky! It did come quickly, though. This is definitely a stop off hotel, not a planned RESORT hotel. I am glad I got a discounted rate.
It wasn't awful, but I don't know how you got 4-stars unless it was based on appearance and Jasmine.

Room Tip: Be a self advocate; rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thatsmistah2U
Michael A, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Dear valued Guest - we appreciate you taking the time to share your recent feedback while staying at the Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel. the comment you shared - "The staff that checked me in couldn't have been more accommodating, attentative and inviting - we are glad that your experience - all the wonderful comments on the housekeeping staff, Chef, the front desk team, overnight staff, the restaurant team and bellman - The team you mention in your feedback is why we continue to have our guests return time and time again - Our guests are so impressed with their service experience they cannot wait to return. It is great customers like yourself that take the time to provide us with this positive feedback and thank you.
We look forward to your return visit to the Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Just spent 5 nights at this Renaissance Hotel in Boca Raton. I had never stayed at a Renaissance before. I am a Marriott Rewards Gold Member and have stayed at other Marriott properties. The staff here are delightful. Kudos to Jazmine at the Front Desk. Such a pleasant young woman- went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable.
Chase in the back call center was the first Renaissance staff member I spoke to from home with various questions about the property. He answered my questions and has a great personality.
Upon arrival, I made sure I met him.
Now, about the hotel. The arrival experience was easy and quick. Before I knew it I was in an Executive King Suite on the 5th floor near the Concierge Lounge. The only negative I can report is that the carpeting as well as the furniture could use some up-dating.
The Lobby is gorgeous! The Pool area, complete with a Tiki Bar makes you feel like you are in the Tropics. Towels were readily available as were plenty of chaise lounges. We ate lunch 3 days out by the pool, ordered at the Tiki Bar and brought out to us by the Staff. Reasonably priced salads and sandwiches, quesadillas etc.
We were upgraded on Day 3 to a Luxury Suite ( separate living room area ). I wish I could remember the young man's name who moved us- clothes on hangers to make the move easier.When my husband realized he had left a hat in the old room, the young man went back and got it for us.
We had breakfast 2 mornings in the Umbria Restauarant - nice Breakfast Buffet.
We will definitely stay here again. During breakfast, the General Manager came to greet us and was very friendly.
This seems to be more a Business Hotel which might be why the pool ( great hot-tub!) was never that crowded. The location of the hotel was great for us as we have family in various towns and we were right off of I-95.
Looking forward to another stay here.

Room Tip: try to get a room on the 5th floor- concierge level. During the week breakfast is available there an...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Michael A, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear TripAdvisor Guest - I would like to take a moment to thank you for such positive feedback -
“Great pool and great staff” - really means a lot to us from the feedback your provided. The staff works very hard every day to make sure our guests experience "5" STAR service during their entire stay. All the outstanding feedback including the food, the Oasis Bar, the lobby and the overall experiences you shared truly makes staying at the Renaissance Boca Raton the best choice for any guest.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your return visit.