“The Good and the Bad...”

Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Palm City, Florida
“The Good and the Bad...”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

The good:hot tub, outside patio/balcony, convenient parking, free wi-fi, decent size room, t.v. with decent cable channels, access to business center with a computer/printer, close to restaurants, shops, beaches, bed comfortable to sleep in, hotel staff friendly (checked on us after check-in), brought hair dryer quickly to us, after the wall unit hair dryer went out, fridge, microwave, extra sink area, couch/sitting area. The bad:carpet dark dingy/stained, furniture older/a bit beat up, sliding door to patio was a pain in the neck to close and lock, walls are extremely thin/you hear everything and anything people do or say. There is a bar at the pool area called the Tiki Hut, it was open 2 out of the 4 days we stayed there. Of those two days, the patron's all smoked at the bar and the smell of smoke came directly to our patio and into our room. The patrons at the bar were loud, it seemed like an over age 50 club hanging out there, not really hotel guests, mostly locals, with bar music playing and constant commotion back and fourth in front of the room.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
BocaRatonOtto, Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, February 16, 2011
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! We would also like to thank you for filling out our online survey since we value your feedback. We appreciate your detailed review but disappointed to hear that the Tiki bar was a bother to you. We will speak with the restaurant manager regarding the noise level at the Tiki bar. We would have been more than glad to have given you a room away from the Tiki bar if we knew it was a bother to you. A lot of our guests really enjoy those ground level rooms since you can go in and out throught the patio doors and the garden area. Overall, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, great location, and all the amenities we have to offer. We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Otto Duarte - Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I knew after looking at all the available hotels in the location I wanted to be and what I wanted to pay I was taking a big chance. It was old, outdated but clean. What I didn't expect is the hotel rooms were not inclosed in the hotel itself. Even though we were on the 3rd floor it was still very noisey with the parking lot right outside our door and the main drag outside our balcony. We knew we weren't going to spend a lot of time in the room so it was perfect to just sleep and change clothes in. It did have decient bedding so we lucked out there. Their resturant seemed to be a hangout sports bar for the locals. Staff was very friendly but the food was awlful.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
BocaRatonOtto, Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Thank you for staying with us at the Boca aton Plaza Hotel & Suites! We would also like to thank you for filling out this online survey. We're sorry to hear that you thought our rooms were noisey. Most of our guests really enjoy our private balconies and our spacious, clean rooms. Our Place Bar & Grill is also a great place to eat for guests and their families as well as our frequent local residents who enjoy the great food & spirits. We sure hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for staying at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites!
Florida
Reviewed February 1, 2011

The bathroom smelled like dead fish. The towels were stained and the shower had hair in it. The furniture had stains along with the carpet. So overpriced because of in season but even if it was so cheap I would not stay here. Beyond gross.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
BocaRatonOtto, Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, February 10, 2011
Thank you for your recent stay at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! I would also like to thank you for filling out this online review since we value your feedback. I am very disappointed to hear that the cleanliness of your room was not up to our standards. Was the front desk or housekeeping notified about your room? The reason I ask is because this is not a usual occurrence at this property. We're very proud of our housekeeping and front desk staff. I would like to personally speak to you in order to get more details as to why your room was not up to standards and the price of your room. This hotel has one of the lowest rates in the Boca Raton area while providing excellent accommodations and quality guest service. Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you again for staying at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites!

Otto Duarte- Manager
Rome, Italy
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I was in Boca Raton for work. Otto Duarte, the hotel manager, kindly answered all my requests before I was arrived, and I found exactly what he said me (price, room type, amenities).
They gave me a nice and comfortable King size Bed room, with microwave, coffee machine a coffee every day, wi-fi connection is also included in the amenity fee. The cleanliness I found excellent and this is, for me, one of the first things in hotels quality.
It is the possibility to wash your clothes for long stay terms, as I was.
The staff members were very kind, friendly and sometimes very helpful in giving the right infos to me, that I didn't know Boca Raton at all.
There is also a very nice Restaurant "Our Place", where you can eat nice american dishes at a good price (you have discounts as Hotel customer).
The location is good, near the sea and near the Boca Raton points of interest.
I suggest to choose this hotel. I think that the value-pricing of this hotel is very good.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
BocaRatonOtto, Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, February 2, 2011
My dear Italian traveler,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! We're very glad that you enjoyed your extended stay with us and were able to enjoy all the amenities we have to offer. The hotel's location, our great rates, customer service, clean rooms, and Our Place Bar & Grill are always a favorite. Thank you again for staying at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! It was a pleasure having you stay with us and serving your every need. We hope to see you again soon.
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Hello my name is shandi fleming and i meat Ms phyllis that is the sweet woman i ever meat in my life and i the xhow nice and lovein she was she told me she worked here for 14 years and she was just so sweet the nice woman in the hole hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Shandi,

Thank you for staying with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! We would also like to thank you for taking time to fill out this TripAdvisor review. We really value your feedback and we thank you for your kind words about Phyllis. She is asset to our company. Thank you again for staying at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Otto Duarte- Manager
Rheine, Deutschland
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Location:
The Boca Raton Plaza is located adjacent to a highway in what I would call Downtown, if there is such thing in Boca Raton. Various fast food options are close by as well as some grocery stores. However I suggest using a car to get to the beaches, it’s not really in walking distance.

Rooms / hotel appearance:
First impressions of the hotel were not quite good, it looks dated from the outside. The reception area features a nice fountain but other than that dated as well. We got a room located in a separate building across the pool area. The elevator was kind of scary so we used the stairs. All floors are outside and our room’s door would shut properly but there were gaps all around it letting in sounds and light from outside. Well, the room’s decor was more like 70s and the floor had some stains here and there and was not really clean at all, the TV was an old style one but worked.

Staff:
There wasn’t much staff interaction here, the guy at the reception did his job in a polite manner without any small talk whatsoever. A nice touch was the phone call later that evening to ask if everything was okay. On checkout it was again the same guy and no questions were asked nor was there any small talk.

What to do:
Boca Raton itself is often mentioned for some small nice beaches, one of them even with a reef. However, the reef is no longer there. It somehow got washed away and / or buried under sand. Besides that the red reef beach is nice and worth some time sunbathing or swimming. Gumbo Limbo Center is also worth a visit.

Comments:
What I couldn’t understand is why this particular hotel charges a resort fee of USD 2,50 per day. The pool is nothing to write home about and I couldn’t find other useful amenities justifying this charge. It did the trick for 2 nights via Priceline but I wouldn’t come back here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
BocaRatonOtto, Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, January 27, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! I would also like to thank you for taking valuable time to fill out this detailed TripAdvisor review and your helpful suggestions about Boca Raton and what to do in the area. Please rest assure that our elevators are all in good working condition and our rooms are clean and in good condition as well. I do apologize that there was a gap in your room door. Was that mentioned when they called you to assure you were happy with your room? I'm sorry to hear that you felt that the amenity fee of $2.50 was not justified. We offer such amenities like wireless internet, guest computer in the lobby with printer, unlimited faxing, copying, fitness room, unlimited coffee and tea in the room, electronic safe, microwave, refrigerator, and a very clean and spacious outdoor heated pool and jacuzi. I hope you give us another chance in the future to show all the best that the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites has to offer. Thank you again for staying at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites!

Regards,

Otto - Manager
jimmy1957
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I stay here and i must say they are the best Otto and his staff are truly a pleasure
The rooms are always clean and fresh everyone is very friendly down to the maids
The food is great the bar if your going to be in Boca this is the place

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
BocaRatonOtto, Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, January 23, 2011
Thank so much for staying at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites once again! We would also like to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write this TripAdvisor review. We and the many TrpAdvisor readers really appreciate your feedback. We're glad that you had another successful stay with us and enjoyed the food and spirits at Our Place. Hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,