“Great response from Patty”

Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Capital Federal District, Argentina
“Great response from Patty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

Excellent front desk. Patty Vasconez was always with a big smile and after the things we need. Thanks for all. Some rooms must renovated. Plaza hotel is in a very good location almost near everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!¡¡!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

Daniel at the front desk was a big help and made everything convenient. Besides the price of the room and the appearance of the pool, I really enjoyed my stay the staff was great and loved the tiki bar speacials! I would love to stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stumbled upon this wonderful hotel in 2007 and continue to stay there every time I am in Boca Raton. Great staff, lovely clean rooms, wonderful tiki bar and great food. Already booked two rooms for next year. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I love the rooms on the lowere level by the pool. All rooms a GREAT!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Kenosha, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

We are just back from our stay at the Boca Raton Hotel and Suites and the staff is wonderful! They are the best part of this hotel. They are friendly and fun and just wonderful! This review is not meant to dis this hotel but rather to let people know what they are really getting. The pictures really don't tell you what it is like and frankly I was disappointed. We arrived and were put in the tower where I had read that the rooms had just been refurbished. When we arrived in our room there was a perfume odor and I have allergies but I thought it would be ok. We went out to get dinner and came back a couple hours later and there was a distinct musty mold smell and within 10 mins I had an attack... The woman at the front desk was wonderful and moved us to a room in the main building which was fine and my allergies were fine after that. If they hadn't been able to move us we would have had an issue because I couldn't stay in that room and everything around was booked. What I want people to understand which I didn't and I didn't get from the pictures is that this is a very old hotel. It is clean but if you are looking for something close to the beach, that is a little newer this is not the hotel for you. I don't know what refurbishing took place in the tower but they didn't get rid of the mold and the musty smells. So if you have allergies ask to be put in the main building or don't stay there. It is a drive to the beach. The beach that they direct you to is at the south end of Boca Raton and is nice as a public beach. They don't do a whole lot to clean it up... There are not many restaurants around the hotel. There is a Denny's on the corner just north of the hotel and that is about it. The restaurant at the hotel is very good for breakfast. That is all we really ate there. The pool and hot tub are ok. They weren't as clean as I would have like to have seen. So if you are looking to stay here to be able to be on the beach and go shopping I wouldn't recommend it. If you are there on business or there and don't mind driving everywhere you need to go and don't want to spend a lot of money then it is a clean place to stay. Like I said the employees are wonderful and we had a great time interacting with them.

Room Tip: If you have allergies stay away from the tower rooms and they are the least expensive of the rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Tymless1
Deerfield Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

The positive -- the food in the restaurant right next door was good pub-type food. It shares the same address with the hotel, but not sure if they have the same owner.

The negative -- I can't tolerate bugs in my sleep space. There were little bugs that looked like ants crawling on the nightstand and in the bathroom around the sink (no evidence of anything in the bed). If I see one bug, I can get over it, but after killing several of them, it simply made for an uncomfortable night of sleep since I kept seeing them in one spot or another. I knew I could not last 5 nights so we checked out after 1 night. The second negative issue was the noise between rooms. I could clearly hear someone's phone conversation very clearly. For the price, you can do better.

Room Tip: Skip this place all together.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Deerfield Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

On a recent trip to the Boca Raton area I stayed at this hotel (1 night). The hotel is made up of two separate buildings. My room was in the outer building. The hotel clerk referred to the building as having their standard rooms. My initial impression of the building after locating my room was fair, but I was optimistic. The room opened directly to the outdoors. Each of the rooms had a puddle of water in front of it from the air conditioning units. The room was basic and normally I would have thought it to be a room with no frills. The first bug was sighted while sitting on the bed. It was a tiny black bug wandering around on the side table. Next there was a small black bug with wings on the wall next to the torch lamp which I promptly killed. My fiancée then brought the bugs on the night stand to my attention. As you may guess the bugs continued to spring up. They were seen in the bath room on the counter as well as one flying around. As if that wasn't the last straw, my fiancée was typing on her computer when she jumped up from sitting on the bed. One of the bugs had made its way on to her computer. We had decided it was time to leave and while I was packing a bug buzzed by and I had to start swatting him. On a positive note the hotel cost was reasonable, but at what cost? I would gladly pay more to not have bugs infiltrate my room. I would also prefer not to listen to the road noise from Federal Hwy outside my door. I can only say Buyer Beware!!

Room Tip: Avoid the outside building at all cost.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank RoadWarriorII
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

This was my 3rd time to stay at the Plaza .Suite was clean and spacious with a sofa and 2nd TV .Staff were always helpful .I overheard other patrons making good comments about the atmosphere in the Tikki bar .Beach is very close-by, as is one of my favorite places ,Deerfield Beach and its old style streets, Restaurants and bars .

Management have updated one section of the Hotel and overall it is a pleasant location and very well located

Room Tip: No inside rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends