“Run-down motel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Tustin, CA
“Run-down motel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I drove up to check in for a 3 night stay and was a bit taken back by the first impression. The hotel looks very run-down, the lobby has a smell to it, and everything looks old. I went to my room hoping for the best but was surpised to find that every room was like a motel where your room access is directly from the open gangway balcony. I found the elevator dirty, unkept, and rundown as well. My room was very Motel 6. Not at all what I was expecting for a 3 star hotel in Boca Raton. They said proudly that all rooms have a refrigerator and microwave and, yes they do however it is just a dorm-size refrigerator placed up against the wall with a microwave set on top. No cabinetry around it to make it look like it belonged there. The walls had poorly patched holes, the carpet was pulled up in areas, the bedding was very generic, the air conditioning unit was loud an ineffective, the bathroom was the size of one on a motorhome, and there was no feeling of comfort what-so-ever. I would never stay at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel again for any price. If you're looking for Motel 6 quality, this probably fits the needs but if you're expecting a 3 star hotel, this is far from the expectations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CAvacationmom
alex t, Front Office Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. We greatly appreciate your business as well as your feedback. I’d like to apologize that you didn’t find our hotel satisfactory to your expectations. Now in all fairness let’s keep in mind that you booked for our standard room as the cheapest price you could find, you were fully refunded and had no interest at looking at the rest of our hotel and the amenities we have to offer. I don’t really think that 45 minutes for free at our hotel gives you any justification to go online and leave us untrue negative feedback when you were fully accommodated to all of your requests. We here at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites care about guest satisfaction above all else and again we do apologize that you wouldn’t give us a chance to delivered this to you. We do offer our majesty rooms in the main building with private pool side balconies, wireless internet, microwaves, and refrigerators. These rooms are great for any from a business traveler to a family on vacation. We’re less than a mile from the beach and just minutes to the best shopping districts in Boca. Were a 3 star hotel and the best value in Boca Raton hands down!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

The hotel employees are top notch, but the place itself needs updating. The fancy lobby and extremely nice front desk employee just set me up for disappointment. The furniture in the rooms is old, mismatched and worn. I slept well, although the bed was overdue for replacement. The TV went on the blink the second night, but when I reported it I barely had time to hang up the phone before the (highly competent) "Steve" was at my door to (quickly and effectively) fix it. My compliments to the staff, but they need to put some money into the physical plant.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ClwMurph
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Good Morning!

Thank you for staying with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and recognizing our staffs efforts. As we sit currently we are the BEST value in Boca Raton guaranteed! With amenities like 32" flat screen TV, Microwave, Refrigerator, In-room Iron & Ironing board, Heated Pool, Jacuzzi, Fitness Center, On-site Restaurant that serves Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, Pool side Tiki Bar, Wireless Internet throughout the property and more! We also are currently in the middle of doing some updates, with New Carpets, New TV's, and New Mattresses. I thank you again for staying with us, and I'm glad you were able experience the top notch service my staff provides! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Boca Raton area!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I checked in for a week and my trip was externded for anther week unplanned so I didn't have
a place to stay for that extra week but luckly I asked front desk if any rooms and the hotel
was booked Narda helped with that problem so professionally that I was very content
Jonelle helped me with my phone"s insurance company I had lost my phone and had to fax
some papers and all the time your employees acted with a great smile that was the best
your staff is excellent .keep up the good work I will recommend this hotel to everybody i know.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for staying with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Narda and Jonelle were a big help during your stay. All of my staff do their best to go obove and beyond to show our guests that they are appreciated! We thank you for taking time out of your day to provide your feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the Boca Raton area, we will take good care of your friends and family as well!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night while in town for a visit to FAU. 15 minutes after we got to our room we received a phone call asking if our room was satisfactory (that doesn't happen everyday!) Rooms are updated, very clean & the staff was extremely helpful. Its not everyday you find this kind of quality in an under $100 hotel room. If we come back to Boca we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Good Morning!

Thank you for staying with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! I would also like to thank you for taking time out of your day to recognize the efforts my staff and I make to ensure that our valued guests have a enjoyable stay. We have made some updates to our rooms like new carpets, new flat screen tv's, and new beds. We have a lot more updates to come. We have a lot of amenities here like the heated pool, jacuzzi, poolside tiki bar serving food and drinks, restaurant serving breakfast lunch & dinner, fitness room, microwave and fridge in every room, wireless internet through out the property, in-room safes, iron & ironing boards in every room. With all of these amenities we are the BEST value in Boca Raton, but the best amenity that we ave is our staff because just like you experienced, when our guests walk in the door we treat them like family!

Thank you again, and we look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in Boca Raton to visit FAU!
Saddle Brook, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel twice within one month's time. Each time was for one week. The staff were friendly, accommodating and efficient, especial Ray and Nardo. We stayd in the Royal Palm Suite, which was spacious, quiet and had everything we needed to make our stay comfortable. There's a restaurant on the premises, but there is also a diner and Denny's within walking distance along with others within a few minutes drive. The location as excellent. We didn't use the pool, but we could see that it was clean and there were people enjoying it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
alex t, Front Office Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Eileen, thank you for your recent visit with us here at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. We greatly appreciate your business as well as your feedback. I'd like to thank you for your comliments towards Ray and Narda as they are both key elements to our winning team. The royal palm suites is our most spacious room we have and are very pleased you enjoyed it.Our location makes it easy to travel to any of the nearby restuarants, beach, mall, and FAU. We do hope to see you again soon. Thank you.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We needed an over night hotel and it was more than we expected. The gentleman at the desk was very helpful, the rooms were clean and nice ammenities. This is in the heart of Boca not bad for the price. They also offer perks and the ticki bar drinks are a great price.

I will recommend this hotel, we had a great time.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Tanya, thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Boca Raton plaza Hotel & Suites. We greatly appreciate your business as well as your feedback. Thank you for your compliments towards my frontdesk staff. They're always willing to go above and beyond to ensure every guest has a plesant stay. Our location is a key to our property's sucess and we try and bring all guests the standards of a 5 star hotel at a very affordable cost. We do hope to have you back for another stay in the near future. Have a wonderful day!
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here for one night and didn't have any problems. The room was about average for hotels in their price range. I was impressed with how clean the pool was! Other hotels I've been too in recent trips definitely needed some skimming, so I was relieved to see this as I had hoped to use it for a while.My boyfriend was pretty impressed with how clean the linens were too. It is right down the street from Mizner Park, a nice shopping district, and pretty close to the beach, but we didn't get to go over there. I would stay there again if ever going back to Boca. It was a definite plus to have a fridge and microwave in the room as well, which I don't think we had to pay extra for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
alex t, Front Office Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit with us here at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. We greatly appreciate your business as well as your feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us and were able to enjoy some of our amenities such as our swimming pool. We here at the plaza take pride in our customer service and our cleanliness. We are located a half mile from the beach here in east boca raton and are very close to all the major shopping districts. yes all of our rooms do come with a fridge and microwave at no additional cost. We do hope you'll come see us again in the near future and remember to book with us directly for the areas best value!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boca Raton
Ramada Suites Boca Raton
#19 of 27 in Boca Raton
Waterstone Resort & Marina Boca Raton, Curio Collection by Hilton
Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach

Been to Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!