“Needs to be updated”

Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The hotel employees are top notch, but the place itself needs updating. The fancy lobby and extremely nice front desk employee just set me up for disappointment. The furniture in the rooms is old, mismatched and worn. I slept well, although the bed was overdue for replacement. The TV went on the blink the second night, but when I reported it I barely had time to hang up the phone before the (highly competent) "Steve" was at my door to (quickly and effectively) fix it. My compliments to the staff, but they need to put some money into the physical plant.

2  Thank ClwMurph
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Good Morning!

Thank you for staying with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and recognizing our staffs efforts. As we sit currently we are the BEST value in Boca Raton guaranteed! With amenities like 32" flat screen TV, Microwave, Refrigerator, In-room Iron & Ironing board, Heated Pool, Jacuzzi, Fitness Center, On-site Restaurant that serves Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, Pool side Tiki Bar, Wireless Internet throughout the property and more! We also are currently in the middle of doing some updates, with New Carpets, New TV's, and New Mattresses. I thank you again for staying with us, and I'm glad you were able experience the top notch service my staff provides! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Boca Raton area!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I checked in for a week and my trip was externded for anther week unplanned so I didn't have
a place to stay for that extra week but luckly I asked front desk if any rooms and the hotel
was booked Narda helped with that problem so professionally that I was very content
Jonelle helped me with my phone"s insurance company I had lost my phone and had to fax
some papers and all the time your employees acted with a great smile that was the best
your staff is excellent .keep up the good work I will recommend this hotel to everybody i know.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Hello!

Thank you for staying with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Narda and Jonelle were a big help during your stay. All of my staff do their best to go obove and beyond to show our guests that they are appreciated! We thank you for taking time out of your day to provide your feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the Boca Raton area, we will take good care of your friends and family as well!

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night while in town for a visit to FAU. 15 minutes after we got to our room we received a phone call asking if our room was satisfactory (that doesn't happen everyday!) Rooms are updated, very clean & the staff was extremely helpful. Its not everyday you find this kind of quality in an under $100 hotel room. If we come back to Boca we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Good Morning!

Thank you for staying with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! I would also like to thank you for taking time out of your day to recognize the efforts my staff and I make to ensure that our valued guests have a enjoyable stay. We have made some updates to our rooms like new carpets, new flat screen tv's, and new beds. We have a lot more updates to come. We have a lot of amenities here like the heated pool, jacuzzi, poolside tiki bar serving food and drinks, restaurant serving breakfast lunch & dinner, fitness room, microwave and fridge in every room, wireless internet through out the property, in-room safes, iron & ironing boards in every room. With all of these amenities we are the BEST value in Boca Raton, but the best amenity that we ave is our staff because just like you experienced, when our guests walk in the door we treat them like family!

Thank you again, and we look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in Boca Raton to visit FAU!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel twice within one month's time. Each time was for one week. The staff were friendly, accommodating and efficient, especial Ray and Nardo. We stayd in the Royal Palm Suite, which was spacious, quiet and had everything we needed to make our stay comfortable. There's a restaurant on the premises, but there is also a diner and Denny's within walking distance along with others within a few minutes drive. The location as excellent. We didn't use the pool, but we could see that it was clean and there were people enjoying it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
alex t, Front Office Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Eileen, thank you for your recent visit with us here at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. We greatly appreciate your business as well as your feedback. I'd like to thank you for your comliments towards Ray and Narda as they are both key elements to our winning team. The royal palm suites is our most spacious room we have and are very pleased you enjoyed it.Our location makes it easy to travel to any of the nearby restuarants, beach, mall, and FAU. We do hope to see you again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We needed an over night hotel and it was more than we expected. The gentleman at the desk was very helpful, the rooms were clean and nice ammenities. This is in the heart of Boca not bad for the price. They also offer perks and the ticki bar drinks are a great price.

I will recommend this hotel, we had a great time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Tanya, thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Boca Raton plaza Hotel & Suites. We greatly appreciate your business as well as your feedback. Thank you for your compliments towards my frontdesk staff. They're always willing to go above and beyond to ensure every guest has a plesant stay. Our location is a key to our property's sucess and we try and bring all guests the standards of a 5 star hotel at a very affordable cost. We do hope to have you back for another stay in the near future. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here for one night and didn't have any problems. The room was about average for hotels in their price range. I was impressed with how clean the pool was! Other hotels I've been too in recent trips definitely needed some skimming, so I was relieved to see this as I had hoped to use it for a while.My boyfriend was pretty impressed with how clean the linens were too. It is right down the street from Mizner Park, a nice shopping district, and pretty close to the beach, but we didn't get to go over there. I would stay there again if ever going back to Boca. It was a definite plus to have a fridge and microwave in the room as well, which I don't think we had to pay extra for.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
alex t, Front Office Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit with us here at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. We greatly appreciate your business as well as your feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us and were able to enjoy some of our amenities such as our swimming pool. We here at the plaza take pride in our customer service and our cleanliness. We are located a half mile from the beach here in east boca raton and are very close to all the major shopping districts. yes all of our rooms do come with a fridge and microwave at no additional cost. We do hope you'll come see us again in the near future and remember to book with us directly for the areas best value!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

After a tiresome 14 hour journey, coming from Amsterdam, Holland, hotel staff cheered us up, and we were given an extra nice suite to start our holiday. Most of the week we had rain and thunderstorms, so we were limited to indoor excursions, but we were always happy to return to the comfort of our room to dry up and enjoy a restful stay. In between the rain showers, temperature in Boca Raton was pleasant, so we enjoyed the pool and the hot tub. Thanks to Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites, we were able to relax and enjoy our week in Florida.
Groetjes uit Holland van Ed & Yvonne

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
alex t, Front Office Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Ed, thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. We greatly appreciate your business as well as your feedback. Were very happy to hear you enjoyed our property and its amenities, and that we could make your rainy vacation an enjoyable one. We hope you’ll be back for another stay in the near future. On behalf of everyone at the hotel we kindly thank you.