“Average is all I can say”

Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Montreal, Canada
“Average is all I can say”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were in room 223, we entered into a musty smell, but the bedding was clean and room looked cleaned. I turned to lock the door and there was a 1\2" or more gap around the door and did not shut tightly . I was afraid that something would crawl in. I did call the front desk and she said I can send a handy man up to show you the room next to you, but do it now because we are full tonight. (After reading ReneeRon review I was not keen on having anyone come up). The front desk assured me it was ok and that there was not likely to have anything crawl through. The bathroom is in need of repair and the shower wall has like a soap scum on it. I do understand that this is an older hotel but they could do with more maintence on the rooms. The AC unit is under the window right next to the bed and it is so noisy you have to turn it off at night to sleep. The food in the restaurant was excellent for dinner lots of choices and very reasonable. There is also a bar by the pool that service the same food. But breakfast not so good go to Dennys less than a 100 yards away. We decided that 2 days was enough here and moved to another hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
alex t, Front Office Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Lesley, Thank you for your recent stay with us. We do appreciate you taking some time to leave feedback. I do apologize for some unsatisfactory issues with the room you stayed in. Whenever there are room issues we try to move and upgrade the guest immediately. As for all the employees here, each one will go above & beyond to help you with your stay. As you mentioned a previous review do keep in trip advisor has taken it down 3 times do to inaccuracies. Our place restaurant seems to be a fan favorite among guests, however I do apologize you weren’t satisfied by their breakfast service. We do encourage you to a return visit at the property in an upgraded room that would be more on par with you expectations. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My colleague and I stayed at the Boca Plaza Hotel at the beginning of March. Our rooms were great; they were clean, spacious, and accommodating. Alex checked us in and we were impressed with his ability to help other guests as well as ourselves. All of our needs were met with a smile and speedy service. This hotel is located pretty close to the beach and some great dining. Overall great experience A+

• Stayed March 2013
We do appreciate you recent visit with us here at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. It’s nice to know you enjoyed our rooms and helpful employees. We here at the Boca Plaza pride ourselves on our customer service and the cleanliness of the hotel. The location of our property makes a day at beach or a day of fine dining very convenient and accessible. Please remember if you’re looking for a return visit to book with us directly for the areas best service at the lowest prices.
Best Regards.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Staff is very nice. The rooms are clean but as other reviewers have said the rooms definitely need updating. We are here visiting my Dad in Delray Beach so this is just a place to sleep. I would definitely not stay here as a "destination!" Rooms are spacious but the bathrooms are in need of a serious updating. Caulking around the bath tub, probably to hide mildew is shoddy at best. The bed is comfortable but the pillows are a Walmart $5.00 special. If you are looking for value as a place to crash but not spend the time as if at a resort then this hotel is definitely worth it. But if you are looking for more amenities then look elsewhere!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. I’m glad to see that you enjoyed our staff as they’re always top notch. We do have the best value out of any hotel located in the heart of Boca Raton area with amenities such as our pool, hot tub, WiFi, business center, laundry and dry cleaning service, restaurant, tiki bar, room service, and free parking. We do hope that you’ll consider us again for your next trip to area. Thank you so much and have a lovely day.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I came for business to Florida and I stayed at Boca for a week finding the hotel by web site. I decided to stay at Boca Raton Hotel beacuse the area is quiet and the hotel is close to my job and dinner locations for my meetings. The hotel is nice and the rooms are very confortables and clean. The staff that works there are very friendly. Patty that works at front desk are very helpful and very attentive with me. I asked for a top floor because I was traveling by myself and she gave me a free upgraded in the main building. My stay was very pleasant and I definitelly will come back if my company send me again to Boca.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Carlos, Thank you for your recent visit with us here at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. I’m glad to see that everything was very convenient for you on your business trip here. Patty is always very helpful and always try’s her best to ensure every guest has a great stay. Upgrades aren’t always given out but we do try whenever possible and its great to see that it made your stay all the better. We do hope to see you again in the future and remember booking with us directly will ensure the areas best value.
Best regards, Alex
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The last family vacations we stay there and our experience was faboulous, we visited for 2 nights, the rooms are very spacious and good size, the beds and pillows really confortable, all very clean. Very convenient location. Will definitely return in the future vacations for a longer stay. The hotel staff was excellent specially a friendly and attentive lady named Patty. I can recommend the hotel for the gratefull experience we had.

• Stayed February 2013
alex t, Front Office Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Erikahi, Thank you for staying with us here at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & suites. I'm glad to hear your visit was such a plesant one! Our service and cleanliness here is known for being top notch and im glad that patty was so helpful to you. We look foward to hearing from you about a visit in the future so we can gurantee you the area's best rate and service. Thank you and have a fantastic day.
Wilton, CT
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were met by a very pleasant and helpful clerk named Patty. Very courteous. Great room: clean, modern, spacious. Comfy bed, couch. Nice balcony. Fridge & micro in room. Bathroom is a little small, but very clean and a great shower. Room was quiet. Stayed 2 nights; would definitely stay there again. Night clerk Vinny was very helpful; even walked us to our room when a room key misfunctioned. Family run operation; it's clear they take pride in their business. We did not eat at the attached restaurant, but were told by other guests that it's very good. Met one lady who comes back to the hotel a couple of times each year; she loves it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lmcannWilton_CT
alex t, Front Office Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
I would like to thank you for your recent visit to the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. it's fantastic that you had such a nice time and enjoyed the hotel. We do have alot of faithful return guests here as everyone is treated like family from the moment they walk into the building until the moment they leave. Thank you for your compliments towards Patty and Vinny as they are both top notch employees and always will do whatever they can to go above and beyond for our guests. We do hope to see you again in the near future and would love to have you back at our property. Have a wonderful day!
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Had visited few year back, found standard 3*, but now services deteriorated. It appears the reviews are truly overrating the property. To start with, location no complaints, just beside the highway. Room was hardly cleaned 3 not at all comparable to 2* as well, one day no housekeeping done.When complained, got a reply "sorry sir, I don't know why not done". Lobby and reception is very large and good. Business center is just a PC and printout - it is OK. On checking out, requested for late check out and got approved in the morning until 12.30 noon. When requested at 12 for another 1 hour (having stayed for FIVE nights) - lady in the reception saying NO and said you cant stay beyond 12 ! When told that I got a preapproval, got a reply that she don't know. Amazed and finally when asked for manager, she allowed me until 12.30. You have Quality Inn and other properties with free breakfast better than this hotel. This hotel has no free breakfast, poor service, no chain of hotels, pricing like other 3* - a big let down.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
alex t, Front Office Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Sir, I appologize for your recent stay with us not meeting your expectations. Please keep in mind reviewers are leaving scores based on a 3 star hotel with the areas best price point. We here at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites take pride in our cleanliness and customer service. Im quite dissapointed to hear you were not satisfied with either. Most times late check outs are given with no problem. unfortunatley during the busy season the hotel sells out quite frequently and we cannot always extend this courtesy. Also we do have a full service restaurant with available breakfast packages at a very low price. We have 3 different room types here at our property to accomadate most budgets. If you happen to be passing through the boca area in the future i assure you well take care of all your needs with a breakfast inclusive package and a top tier room at the citys lowest price. Best regards.