“Absolute best hotel for the money!!!”

Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Long Island
“Absolute best hotel for the money!!!”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We travel to Florida every six months and have been staying at this hotel every time for the last three years! It is an older hotel but beautifully maintained and renovated. The rooms are clean and attractive. The staff is wonderful, and many have worked there for years. Joanne, is a friendly bartender that sometimes helps out serving tables, and you must meet humorous Phyllis who works at the front desk! We didn't make it to the pool bar this time, but I bet Charlene is still there. How do I know their names? That is how friendly they are. What more could you want? There is laundry facilities, a great pool bar, and we love to eat at the restaurant...great food and reasonable prices. We try to be there for the Saturday night special which is prime rib, YUM!!! All of this for a great price.

Room Tip: We like the rooms in the main building best, away from the pool area which can sometimes get a littl...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Yorktown
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel before, and once again I had a wonderful experience. I always check out the prices of other hotels, and you just can't beat the plaza. Check in was a breeze, my room was spotless. Since my last stay, the Tv's were upgraded to Flat Screens, and they installed electronic safes. My bed was very comfortable. It was also nice having a fridge, and microwave in the room. They also had Washers, and Dryers on the property.

I immediately went to the pool. The pool there is great. The Tiki bar was in full swing, and they had $5. appetizers, and domestic beers 2 for $5.50. I had the fish dip, and wings. Both were wonderful. I also visited the indoor restaurant and beer. I always have a good time. They always introduce themselves by name, and always remember your name. The location is awesome. Its walking distance to the beach, its close to Mizner, and I-95.

During my stay, I was greeted by the Manager Bill. He was great, and made sure that everything was good. I told him that I love the property, and as long as things continue they have a customer for life. I really don't think that you will find a better place.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite. Its nice having the extra room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us again at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! I very much appreciate the compliments! I am happy to see you were able to take advantage of most of the wonderful amenities we have here including the restaurant " Our Place "

I'm glad you had a great time here and we look forward to you staying with us again!
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The Tiiki bar scene at the pool was full of partiers- even at 9am. Lots of cigarette smoke. I was not comfortable there with my 7 year old. Also, the room really smelled like mildew and the pool side tables were really dirty. There were no towels at the pool and the front desk was kind of strange about "checking out" towels and asked that dirty towels be brought back to them. It would have been fun if I were 25 again- but not for a family trip.

Room Tip: probably a fun time for singles. Not for families.
Good Afternoon!

First, thank you for choosing to stay at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites, and I appreciate your feedback and I assure you I will look into and correct these things.
The Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites is a WONDERFUL place for everyone of all ages. We have a great balance of relaxation, fun, and business amenities. This was Memorial day weekend that you stayed and the hotel was packed and everyone had a great time! We had BBQ's by the pool and other activities going on so there may have been more activity going on then there normally is here on a regular basis as it is usually very quiet and calm. Also the Tiki bar doesn't open until 12pm so, i'm not sure how there was noise coming from there.
I do hope you will give us another shot as you will see we have a great property here and is a place where everyone can enjoy their time.
Massachusetts
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Checked in on a Thursday, with the amenties fee and all taxes, I paid about $66 per night. Not too bad at all, considering other places in the area would run much higher. Highland Beach, with very limited parking, is about 5 minutes away.

I arrived a few hours early, having taken an early flight, however they didn't seem to allow early check in. The person at the front desk said all rooms were being cleaned. So I sat at the pool on a cloudy Thursday for a few hours. Once I checked in and saw my room, I was pleased. Majesty king, it was roomy, bathroom was fine, but old looking. Had a mini fridge (that kinda smelled) and a microwave and bar sink. Large closet in the entry area. The room had a desk, dresser with a flat screen TV on top, a small 2 person table with chairs, a loveseat and a king bed. I also had a balcony, which I did not think I would want or use, but glad I had it, the sliders open up to a balcony overlooking the trees and property in the front of the hotel.

The internet seemed slow, but worked. The bed was very comfortable. The AC unit worked fine, but was very noisy. The pool area was nice and had a tiki type bar in it. The lounge chairs were very worn and sink to the point that you are resting on the under bars. Very uncomfortable.

I have the above minor complaints, but you cannot beat the price and would stay here again. Oh and the thunderstorm blew out the cable, so I only had 3 channels for a while.. No apologies or anything to make up for it, kinda annoying.

Room Tip: get a room with a balcony, you won't regret it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Good Morning!

Thank you for taking time out of your day to inform fellow tripadvisors! I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay! I see you took advantage of the value with our Majesty Palm Room ( they come in either king or 2 doubles ) and is usually only about $5.00 or $10.00 to upgrade from the Sable Palm Room.
As for having to wait to check in, we try our best to get our guests into a room as fast and early as possible at no charge, but we often run a full house the night before and it is tough to get the rooms turned over and inspected in a very short time, so that is why we can only guarantee a room to be ready by 3pm. I do apologize about the cable issue, it was a tough couple of days. I had a full house and no cable. I was fighting with Comcast for two days trying to get it fixed, they werent going to get anyone out until TUESDAY, but finally got them to come the same day.
I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay overall, and we look forward to you staying with us again at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites
Boca Raton
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We are Plaza regulars- have stayed there for over 50 nights over the last year. The rooms are great, the staff feel like family-but are a lot more helpful, personable, and professional. Great restaurant and pool area that you can spend days at. When in the area, the Plaza is the only place we would be and miss when we are not.
Bill is a great hands-on manager, making sure that everything is top-notch for his guests. There is no better value for your money. Be assured that everything works...always.
-Frankie and Kristine

Room Tip: You can't go wrong at this hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Frankie and Kristine,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I very much appreciate it! It is always a pleasure having you guys stay with us and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Bill
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I needed to take a couple of days just to relax. Dr.'s orders. I am not well and terminal. This summer I took my daughter to a 4 star Hotel on the ocean and spent double what I was charged at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and suites. We left that other resort with LICE. We also had to have my child cut out of the bathtub area because the door stuck and to top it all off, after calling 5 times to make sure everything I was to be paying was KNOWN ahead of time. They conveniently fogot to tell me about the extra $150 they were taking then just took it. We ate Bologna sandwiches for 4 days.

I came to Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites and was not charged one cent over waht I was expecing. The staff was so eager to help me with everything that I may have needed that it was wonderfully overwhelming. I started out to stay here for 2 days and was so happy and relaxed for the first time in months that I stayed an extra night even though risking out part of my rent. I have stayed in many MOTELS and HOTELS in my 48 years, but, have never had this level of kindness. If I could I would stay for another few days.

The food was very good and the room was extremely comfortable. Having the resturant on the premises with very reasonable prices was surprising since on my stay at that other resort a small monkey dish of melon cost me $8. I will be back and if I don't make it , I will make sure that My family and friends stay here for a weekend when I am gone to CELEBRATE. Any mourning will take place at the other resort. Thank you so much for my stay here Staff!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a balcony room if you smoke or even if you don't. The Majesty Palm Luxury King room w...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
First, I wish you the best of luck in everything and I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and you were able to relax with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites.
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to inform all tripadvisors about your stay, it is very much appreciated. I will pass on your kind comments to the staff. We have a wonderful staff here that sincerely care about each guest that walks in the door and we try hard to make our guests' experience here at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites a enjoyable one!

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Fremont, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2012

This hotel had overall decent reviews. Upon checking in I was very impressed, the property looked very well maintained and was in an excellent location. It is blocks from the ocean and on a main street with all the stores I needed.

After given my key I found out that my building was actually not the main "pretty" building, but the building to the side. The room was very small, just enough room to walk. There was no mirror in the bedroom area which was strange. The fridge was unplugged and smelled when we got there, probably from being unplugged. The microwave was micro size alright. I'm not sure a hot pocket would have fit in there. But we didn't need to heat anything up so that wasn't an issue.

The sink in the bathroom leaked the entire night. We were only there overnight so I didn't bother calling the front desk.

I should say now that we booked this room through priceline name your own price, which I love and do over and over again. Upon checking out I was told I owed two dollars and some change for a resort fee. A resort?? Not hardly. After being told I should have been told this at check-in, which I was not or I wouldn't have argued, she said sorry I still owed it. I explained about the leaky sink and she said I'll report it. No I'm sorry, or we'll waive the fee. Nothing.

I know that I will never stay here again, simply because its far from a resort. I think normal price is over $100 for a night, in a room half the size of a motel 6! But to top it off the customer service is horrible!!!

IF you get this thru priceline I'm sure you'll survive, I only paid $35 plus tax for my room, but if you're thinking of booking it outright. Stay away and find a La Quinta!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jennifer R
I would like to first start by thanking you for staying with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. It is ALWAYS best to notify the front desk for even the smallest issue you may have with your room. We would have been very happy to make things right for you, if only given the chance.

Now, we are not a Resort.... We have a nice clean property with clean & comfortable rooms to accomodate our guests different preferences. We have our.....

Sable Palm Room - Standard size 2 double bed room located in our north building ( NOT the main building )

Majesty Palm Room - Very large room with private balcony located in the MAIN BUILDING

Royal Palm Suite - 1 room suite with a king size bed and sofa that pulls out to a queen size bed.

ALL of our rooms have Microwave, Fridge, Iron & Ironing Board, Hair Dryers, and Wireless Internet Access. The $2.50 Amenity Fee covers all of this, while most hotels charge a lot more! We do not hide it, it is written on the registration form that we ask you to sign when you check in.

Booking direct with the hotel is always best as you can choose the type of room thet works best to your liking and also can get a better explanation of what we have to offer.

Thank you!