“Deteriorating rapidly.”

Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Deteriorating rapidly.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel for at least a week in January or February over many years. We choose it because of it's location near friends and for the included cooked to order breakfast and complimentary Happy Hour. This year will probably be our last unless the rooms are updated. The first room they gave us had a bed board under one half of the bed left there from a previous guest. The second room they put us in had a disgusting odor, dirty carpet and shabby upholstered furniture. Indeed all the rooms suffer from a lack of updating. On a positive note: very comfortable beds and flat screen TVs. However these amenities do not compensate for the general deterioration of this property. A shame.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Hilton Boca Raton Suites, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Thank you for your loyalty over the years and for your comments. As you are aware, over the past three years the hotel has remodeled our fitness center, lobby, and most recently upgraded all suite TVs to HD flats screens. I'm glad you enjoyed them. We do strive to continually improve the hotel.

I'm happy to share with you that we are currently planning a room renvovation for later this year. If you would contact me at either john.c.bailey@hilton.com or 561.852.4004 I would be happy to keep you updated on our progress through the year. We look forward to inviting you back to stay with us next year. We value you as a loyal guest.
John Bailey
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Suites in Boca Raton while in town to attend an event. The hotel is conveniently located off the Florida Turnpike. The rooms are set up as small suites, with a bedroom, galley kitchen area with a microwave, refrigerator, and sink and a living area with a sofa sleeper, chair and desk. Both rooms had flat panel TVs. There was also a balcony off the bedroom. Nothing fancy, but certainly comfortable, efficient and quiet. The hotel has a nice outdoor area with a pool, hot tub, lounge chairs and patio tables in a shady area.

Included in your stay is a happy hour with a full bar, much nicer than your typical complimentary drinks you may get at other hotels. Also, the breakfast is a full buffet, with many items available that are cooked to order. This is not a self-serve "budget" breakfast, but rather restaurant style service with wait staff. There was quite a bit to choose from and the food was good and the service friendly.

This is a very good hotel for someone traveling to the area for business or visiting family. It is not a resort, so if you are looking for a vacation hotel you may want to consider something closer to the beach.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

If you decide to stay here, verify the bed. The room I had earlier this year did not provide good support at all. I actually needed to recover from the stay there!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. I sincerely apologize for the condition of your bed and for any discomfort it caused you. We normally receive positive reviews on the Hilton Serenity bed. If you would contact me at john.c.bailey@hilton.com or 561.852.4004 with more information I will follow up with our Housekeeping and Engineering departments to address your concerns.
I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
John Bailey
GM
Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

We stayed at the Hilton Suites with our two young children in late Dec/early January. The hotel was conveniently located for our daily visits with family in Delray Beach. The suite setup was perfect for us, as we were able to put the kids to bed in the evenings and relax in the "living room." The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet each morning was great. The only negative comment I have relates to internet access. I assumed that all hotels offer free wifi in the rooms. This wasn't the case at the Hilton, where you have to pay $10/day for wifi.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

It was with some trepidation that I forked over my HH points to stay at the Hilton Suites in Boca Raton in earlier December, prior to jumping on a pre-Christmas cruise. I was concerned because of some negative reviews posted about this property. Yet, having now stayed there two nights, I can say overall that this hotel was quite decent. Our stay was, in the main, quite satisfactory.

Staff were, with rare exceptions, friendly, helpful and welcoming. The hotel amenities and services are quite good. For example, there is a courtesy shuttle that takes you within a five mile radius of the hotel property--quite convenient to go off to visit the Boca Raton Town Centre Mall, with all of its "tony" shops (Neimans, Nordstrom's, etc.). One just has the concierge drive you there and, when ready to return, call perhaps 15 minutes in advance and relax, while waiting for your complimentary taxi to whisk you back to the hotel. In fairness to the two drivers, we gave a tip each time we used this service, yet even with a gratuity, this was far less expensive than a taxi.

The complimentary breakfast was nice enough--filled the void. Yet the morning breakfast was the only time I saw staff who did not smile--in our two mornings there neither server was particularly welcoming, yet the food was good. The evening "manager's reception", a.k.a., free cocktails, is a nice treat--saves one buying a bottle of liquor for the room. The staff tending bar were very friendly, outgoing, and willing to freshen up drinks, including doing so voluntarily just before "last call" (the reception lasts two hours each early evening).

The rooms are acceptable. Certainly, they are clean, albeit my wife hated the dark carpet and found the suite overall dark and a tad dingy. Yet, some paint and a lighter coloured carpet, along with some fresh furniture, would all do wonders. For a short stay, I did not mind it and my wife found it acceptable. These are called suites, but the sitting area and bedrooms are each fairly small rooms, with a kitchenette in between. Again, for a short stay, this is more than adequate.

As we were off to a cruise and our main purpose was to enjoy some pre-cruise shopping, I did not try the pool (it was also coolish when we were there) but it looked nice. The hotel is not too far from the beach but, if you want proximity to the ocean, this is probably not the spot for you. If you are in the area for work, however, this hotel is quite well located, near key major roads and businesses. Again, the courtesy shuttle may help you so you do not need a rental car to get to and from meetings.

Other than breakfast, the hotel does not serve meals, but in the complex just steps away there are three restaurants: a chinese place, a french place and a seafood place. On the Saturday night of our stay, despite efforts of the hotel concierge (who was quite amenable), the french and seafood place were booked until late, but he got us into the chinese place. He did not highly endorse it, but, other than typically rushed service (all dishes served too quickly or at once), we found the food very fresh and good. Sunday night we quite enjoyed our dinner at the seafood restaurant--and hotel guests enjoy a small percentage reduction. Warning: this is an expensive eatery, but it is worth it.

The acid test is, would we return to the Hilton suites? The answer is a slightly qualified "yes". Others have said that this is not a typical Hilton; rather, more of an Embassy Suites with the amenities of complimentary breakfast and evening free drinks on offer. I tend to agree. Yet, in my opinion, that does not make this a poor hotel and, if renovations are undertaken to freshen the rooms, it would be even nicer. So, definitely, when we return to south Florida, this property will be on our list for active consideration, depending upon our plans at the time.

The drive to Port Everglades pier was quite easy, and the hotel is also not far from Ft. Lauderdale airport (equa-distant with Palm Beach airport, which less busy airport I much prefer over FLL or, shudder, Mia!). I should finally note that the hotel will in advance arrange a limo to meet you at the airport, but we have our own company whom we have used for years when heading to south Florida.

If your activities, location, and plans fit with this hotel, I urge you to give it a try. I found it met our needs.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Onttravel
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

My inlaws are in Coconut Creek and my Mom is in Delray Beach. I could not think of a better place to stay. Exactly ten minutes in each direction. Rooms were clean but small. Staff was very accomodating. Chef Louie and Junior are the best. I have been staying at this hotel for the past 7 or 8 years. Only had a problem once and the staff took care of it immediately. I would highly recommend this Hotel. Also, City Fish Restaurant next door is also very very good. Pricey for some but my meal was delicious.
Pool is clean but also small.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
lax
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

Location: very freeway friendly
Rooms: one decent sized living room looking onto a courtyard, walkway. SMALL bedroom.
Cleanliness: 5 out of 5
Bathroom: smallish
Desk: mini-me. Had to move the couch to get the chair to fit
Internet: a joke. $9/day for that slow a connection? Walk over to the Starbucks across the way.
The view: nice view of the lake.

What can one expect for $90? A very decent hotel. I upped another $24 for a lakeside view.

Clean, quiet and convenient.

The walls were thin so I had to wear earplugs 2 of 3 nights not to hear the neighbors.

Nice restaurant next door although I did not avail myself of it.

Walking to the Shell station on the corner was a bit scary at night. Homeless people abound a the gas station.

I should actually retitle this Embassy Suites Mini.

Would I stay here again? Yes, good value.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business