“Convenient Location, good for families”

Hilton Boca Raton Suites
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Alexandria, VA
“Convenient Location, good for families”
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We stayed at the Hilton Suites with our two young children in late Dec/early January. The hotel was conveniently located for our daily visits with family in Delray Beach. The suite setup was perfect for us, as we were able to put the kids to bed in the evenings and relax in the "living room." The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet each morning was great. The only negative comment I have relates to internet access. I assumed that all hotels offer free wifi in the rooms. This wasn't the case at the Hilton, where you have to pay $10/day for wifi.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Ontario
Reviewed December 28, 2010

It was with some trepidation that I forked over my HH points to stay at the Hilton Suites in Boca Raton in earlier December, prior to jumping on a pre-Christmas cruise. I was concerned because of some negative reviews posted about this property. Yet, having now stayed there two nights, I can say overall that this hotel was quite decent. Our stay was, in the main, quite satisfactory.

Staff were, with rare exceptions, friendly, helpful and welcoming. The hotel amenities and services are quite good. For example, there is a courtesy shuttle that takes you within a five mile radius of the hotel property--quite convenient to go off to visit the Boca Raton Town Centre Mall, with all of its "tony" shops (Neimans, Nordstrom's, etc.). One just has the concierge drive you there and, when ready to return, call perhaps 15 minutes in advance and relax, while waiting for your complimentary taxi to whisk you back to the hotel. In fairness to the two drivers, we gave a tip each time we used this service, yet even with a gratuity, this was far less expensive than a taxi.

The complimentary breakfast was nice enough--filled the void. Yet the morning breakfast was the only time I saw staff who did not smile--in our two mornings there neither server was particularly welcoming, yet the food was good. The evening "manager's reception", a.k.a., free cocktails, is a nice treat--saves one buying a bottle of liquor for the room. The staff tending bar were very friendly, outgoing, and willing to freshen up drinks, including doing so voluntarily just before "last call" (the reception lasts two hours each early evening).

The rooms are acceptable. Certainly, they are clean, albeit my wife hated the dark carpet and found the suite overall dark and a tad dingy. Yet, some paint and a lighter coloured carpet, along with some fresh furniture, would all do wonders. For a short stay, I did not mind it and my wife found it acceptable. These are called suites, but the sitting area and bedrooms are each fairly small rooms, with a kitchenette in between. Again, for a short stay, this is more than adequate.

As we were off to a cruise and our main purpose was to enjoy some pre-cruise shopping, I did not try the pool (it was also coolish when we were there) but it looked nice. The hotel is not too far from the beach but, if you want proximity to the ocean, this is probably not the spot for you. If you are in the area for work, however, this hotel is quite well located, near key major roads and businesses. Again, the courtesy shuttle may help you so you do not need a rental car to get to and from meetings.

Other than breakfast, the hotel does not serve meals, but in the complex just steps away there are three restaurants: a chinese place, a french place and a seafood place. On the Saturday night of our stay, despite efforts of the hotel concierge (who was quite amenable), the french and seafood place were booked until late, but he got us into the chinese place. He did not highly endorse it, but, other than typically rushed service (all dishes served too quickly or at once), we found the food very fresh and good. Sunday night we quite enjoyed our dinner at the seafood restaurant--and hotel guests enjoy a small percentage reduction. Warning: this is an expensive eatery, but it is worth it.

The acid test is, would we return to the Hilton suites? The answer is a slightly qualified "yes". Others have said that this is not a typical Hilton; rather, more of an Embassy Suites with the amenities of complimentary breakfast and evening free drinks on offer. I tend to agree. Yet, in my opinion, that does not make this a poor hotel and, if renovations are undertaken to freshen the rooms, it would be even nicer. So, definitely, when we return to south Florida, this property will be on our list for active consideration, depending upon our plans at the time.

The drive to Port Everglades pier was quite easy, and the hotel is also not far from Ft. Lauderdale airport (equa-distant with Palm Beach airport, which less busy airport I much prefer over FLL or, shudder, Mia!). I should finally note that the hotel will in advance arrange a limo to meet you at the airport, but we have our own company whom we have used for years when heading to south Florida.

If your activities, location, and plans fit with this hotel, I urge you to give it a try. I found it met our needs.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Onttravel
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed December 14, 2010

My inlaws are in Coconut Creek and my Mom is in Delray Beach. I could not think of a better place to stay. Exactly ten minutes in each direction. Rooms were clean but small. Staff was very accomodating. Chef Louie and Junior are the best. I have been staying at this hotel for the past 7 or 8 years. Only had a problem once and the staff took care of it immediately. I would highly recommend this Hotel. Also, City Fish Restaurant next door is also very very good. Pricey for some but my meal was delicious.
Pool is clean but also small.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
lax
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Location: very freeway friendly
Rooms: one decent sized living room looking onto a courtyard, walkway. SMALL bedroom.
Cleanliness: 5 out of 5
Bathroom: smallish
Desk: mini-me. Had to move the couch to get the chair to fit
Internet: a joke. $9/day for that slow a connection? Walk over to the Starbucks across the way.
The view: nice view of the lake.

What can one expect for $90? A very decent hotel. I upped another $24 for a lakeside view.

Clean, quiet and convenient.

The walls were thin so I had to wear earplugs 2 of 3 nights not to hear the neighbors.

Nice restaurant next door although I did not avail myself of it.

Walking to the Shell station on the corner was a bit scary at night. Homeless people abound a the gas station.

I should actually retitle this Embassy Suites Mini.

Would I stay here again? Yes, good value.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 19, 2010

We traveled to Boca Raton for our son's wedding. This was the recommended hotel for those coming from out of the area. We needed two suites for 4 adults. Our lake view suites with the connecting door open provided a very good 3-night stay for us. While the bedrooms are small, the fact that there is a separate living room created a comfortable space for us. A highlight during our stay was an excellent no-charge, made-to-order breakfast each morning. Also nearby (a short walk) is the Fish Market Restaurant. We had a pleasant dinner there our first night. Also a short drive away is the Town Center Mall - where we successfully shopped and ate during our stay. For the price we paid, we were very happy with the Hilton Suites Boca Raton.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Having read some negative reviews of this hotel, I was prepared for a less than optimal stay. I must say I was immensely pleased with the hotel and it's staff. Check-in was quick and the desk clerk was most personable. My room on the third floor faced the lake and was well maintained. While not a new facility, it presents quite well. The bar staff and the morning breakfast staff could not be more hospitable or attentive. The breakfast left nothing to be desired. There was a very diverse selection for those that eat to live and those that live to eat. The location is far enough off the main thoroughfare to afford a quiet environment but allow quick access to the Town Center Shopping Mall or restaurants on Glade Blvd or Power Line Road. I will not hesitate to stay here again when I am in Boca.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Reviewed November 5, 2010

We had a lovely time in Boca Raton. The hotel is in an extremely pretty setting on a lake surrounded by restaurants, shops and offices. It is intended for business travellers, hence not your quintessential tourist destination, but for our purposes that made it even more enjoyable. Boca Raton is a beautiful neighbourhood with a wide variety of shops and a very nice big mall. We walked from the hotel to the mall and back several times during our four day stay, which was very enjoyable in such beautiful surroundings. For a quiet, restful and completely enjoyable break I could not recommend a better location. The suites are very comfortable. The beds (as always) infinitely wonderful. The hotel staff were friendly, professional and totally non-invasive. The City Fish Market next door to the hotel was excellent with a terrific one man band.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple