“So comfortable”

Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“So comfortable”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is my second weeklong stay this early Summer. The rooms are clean, well-tended and have refrig and microwave as well as wetbar! Lakeside room with balcony is superbly pleasing and I enjoy the waterlife greatly. Pool temp is perfect at all times. The real strength is the extremely caring and efficient dining room and bar staff. Great complimentary breakfasts with attentive service and really good food of all hot and cold varieties start days in very positive mode. Jennifer and Maryann cannot be outshined anywhere I've been. And the cookstaff is tops in product and personality. Sadly, front desk needs work or replacement; ok but no kudos except Neshri who relates well. These are people-person positions after all, not just clerk duty. Complimentary 2-hour Happy Hour is convivial and staff is good and personable-very pleasant. Gym is clean and well-outfitted. All in all an A property I plan to stay at many times going forth!

Room Tip: laKeside suite adds a lot of pleasure
1 Thank Allen d
JohnCBailey, General Manager at Hilton Boca Raton Suites, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty and positive comments.

It;s great to hear you enjoyed the comfort and convnience of our suites, our relaxing ambiance, and the quality and service of our complimentary breakfast and cocktail reception.

Thank you for recognizing the individual associates who gave you great serivce during your stay. We will be sure to share your thoughts with them. Thank you for the constructive comments as well. We will follow up on them with our management team.

We look forward to seeing you next time. Let me know if I can ever be of any assistance to you.

General Mangaer
561.852.4004
john.c.bailey@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
atco, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2013

good customer service, prompt service when asking for towels. was given directions to restraurants and beach written directions were provided. would stay here again. good location between 95 and turnpike. accessible to glades rd friendly staff. nice pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The greeting and welcome was excellent. I always stay at a Hilton Brand hotel or resort. My daughter and I stayed at the Hilton on Glades in Boca. We were visiting Ft. Lauderdale to shop for her wedding. I had no problems driving from Ft. Lauderdale to stay at the Hilton in Boca; it's like my second home. If I am not staying at the Hilton; I would always stay at the Embassy Suites off Yomato. Great people, great food and great stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Flushing, New York
Reviewed June 24, 2013

As a long-time Hilton Honors member, I must say the breakfast at the Boca Suites rivals that of Embassy Suites, which has been my favorite for years. While the selection and choices are not up to Embassy's, still I believe the relaxed, well-lit ambience here, with excellent, attentive service beats Embassy for style and comfort. Also, the more lenient time constraints here allow latecomers some leeway, at least for buffet items, coffee and such. Much more like the style of personal and attentive service you would expect from the Hilton brand.

On the other hand, I found a pervasive musty smell in my room persisted throughout my 5-day stay. There was a chemical odor as well, which didn't help. The air conditioning was temperamental but not terrible.

Hallways are open to the the high humidity of the numerous water fountains in the "atrium." It is a serious design flaw and an eye-sore, with several highly visible yellow caution pyramids strewn about. IMO, if you get rid of the fountains, put in more flowers, benches and soft music and you will have a pleasant garden experience without all that humidity in the air.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 24, 2013

On a business trip to Boca. This hotel is 30 minutes from the airport in West Palm.

Pros: The Hilton Honors cooked to order Breakfast and complimentary Happy Hour was a nice touch. The hotel was also less expensive than the Hilton near the airport and minutes from I95.

Cons: The check in desk is understaffed. Check In can take 20 minutes. They also have limited luggage carts, resulting in multiple trips, lugging bags up to the room.
Parking can be frustrating as the seafood restaurant next door has a large number of "reserved" spaces in the hotel parking lot. (The seafood was good)

Room Tip: The design features an open atrium, similar to an Embassy Suites. With kids running around screamin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business and feedback.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary food and beverage service and I appreciate your constructive comments about your front desk service experience. I have shared your comments with our front office manager to address your concerns.

We hope to see you again. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you.

john.c.bailey@hilton.com
Miramar, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The carpet in my room was wet the first night. I was too tired to do anything about it so I went to sleep. I just wore flip flops so I did not step on wet carpet. Also, the room had an extremely strong chemical noxious odor. I reported it the next morning to the front desk. When I returned to the room it was the same. I suppose someone thought they fixed it? Maybe nothing was done? I reported it to the front desk again. They assured me the next day they would fix it. When I got back to the room after that days' meetings the rug by the bathroom was peeled back and a large industrial fan was pointed under it and still blowing. (Trying to dry the rug?) I was a bit upset at this point becasue most of the carpet in the room was still wet and it smelled horrible as usual. I shut the fan off and repositioned the carpeting. I did report back to the front desk. I was a bit surprised that I was never asked if I wanted to change rooms. I suppose I should have taken more control of the situation and asked for a different room but I was convinced everytime I reported problems that it would be immediately fixed. The VERY strong chemical smell was always there every day. I was tiold upon checkout that the A/C unit was leaking water in the room. If this was known why did they let me stay in the room and why did I get sold the room to begin with? So disappointing. Also, I rated lunch service/selection very low. I'm a vegan. I understand that most dishes have animal parts and animal by-products in them so it is something I routinely deal with. We were having a meeting in the hotel on Wednesday and I placed my 'express lunch' order as a salad with only vegetables in it and with oil and vinegar on the side. I explicitly wrote this on my lunch menu order form. Much to my disappointment I was served a caesar salad doused with a heavy creamy (non-vegan) dressing. Mind you I never mentioned vegan on the order - I just wrote "Vegetables only, oil & vinegar on the side". I had to return it of course. I was hoping to avoid this embarassment in front of my associates. So I did return it and had to wait for a replacement salad. I have stayed in hotels for the last 10 years about 80-100 nights a year and I would have to say due to the room issues this probably was the most disappointing stay I have ever had.

1 Thank Alan M
JohnCBailey, General Manager at Hilton Boca Raton Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments.

As I have expressed in my private correspondence with you regarding this matter, I sincerely apologize for your experience and completely understand your disappointment and frustration.
I have followed up with the departments involved to address your concerns. I sincerely hope we have now resolved the matter to your satisfaction.

New York, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Would not stay here again. First, tried a bait and switch, telling me that the type of room that I reserved (which I had paid extra for) was really not available when I booked the room. That seemed impossible, because when I booked it, the room type was an available option and I selected it. Room was musty, old, dirty and in serious need of refurbishment.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for stayinng with us and for your comments.

As I have shared with you in privarte correspondence, I apologize if there was any confusion regarding your reserved suite type, but I can assure you we do not engage in deceptive business practices. In reviewing your reservation history, the hotel did honor the suite type you booked, and we even upgraded you to a preferred view at no additional cost.

I also apologize if you were disappointed with the room decor and condition. We are always making improvements to our hotel and are finalizing plans to remodel our suites in the future.

We would like the opportunity to serve you again and I would be happy to book your reservation and make sure there are no misunderstandings. We want you to get what you're expecting and enjoy your stay.

GM