“A good place to stay”

Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
New Jersey
“A good place to stay”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

A nice hotel that is centrally located in Boca Raton. I always enjoy my stay here. The staff is lovely and attentive. The breakfast is an added bonus. The recently renovated dining room looks very nice. I look forward to coming back. :)

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Ontario
Reviewed December 28, 2012

If you find something you like, that works for you, why change? Following that premise, my wife and I returned to the Hilton Suites, Boca Raton for a two night stay before a cruise out of Port Everglades pier, Fort Lauderdale (my past reviews of this property are also on the tripadvisor site if anyone cares to peruse them). We enjoy the Boca Raton area, and we also have friends close to this hotel with whom we can catch up when in Florida. The hotel is also not far from Port Everglades, about a 40 minute ride, making this hotel practical for those with enough time not to have to stay right down by the port, or who wish to extend their holiday after a cruise.

Thus I booked a suite for our stay in early December 2012. After checking in, we availed ourselves of the courtesy local (up to five miles) transportation provided via a hotel van, and headed out for some "retail therapy" to the Boca Raton Town Centre Mall, and all its tony shops. Despite this being decidedly not an outlet or discount mall, there were still some good sales to be had--and we enjoyed puttering around the shops, including those shops which we do not have in Canada.

When ready to return to the hotel we simply called through to the concierge. He picked us up at an agreed-upon meeting spot in the mall with the hotel van--while this shuttle service is free, it is appropriate to offer a small gratuity to the drivers. We find this amenity, however, to be very beneficial. The concierges will also make suggestions regarding local eateries within the five mile limit so one can be driven to and picked up from such places, and thus be able to enjoy a cocktail without worrying about driving after drinking.

Instead of going further afield our first night, after enjoying the complimentary "happy hour" in the hotel bar, with excellent service from the bar servers, the concierge made us a reservation for the French place next door to the hotel, St. Tropez. It was a let down, unfortunately, as half of the items listed on the menu were not available. What they had was not bad, but not great. We will not return to this restaurant.

The suite was very quiet and comfortable, as well as was very clean. The bed and pillows were great. No complaints at all about housekeeping over our two day stay. The complimentary internet in the business centre just off the lobby was also useful. Front desk staff were helpful and responsive.

All in all, given the wonderful breakfasts each morning, the complimentary cocktails in the evening, the courtesy shuttle for local travel--handy also for those at the hotel for business reasons and who do not want to rent a car to travel to offices within the area,and the very nice if somewhat small suite, we were again fully satisfied with this hotel. We will definitely return when next in the area as this hotel delivers solid value for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the (artifical) lake.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Onttravel
JohnCBailey, General Manager at Hilton Boca Raton Suites, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your continued loyalty and constructive comments,

We're pleased you enjoyed the hotel and its complimentary amenities, such as breakfast, cocktails, and shuttle service.

I'm sorry you were disappointed with St Tropez restaruant, located in the retail center adjacent to the hotel. I'll share your comments with them so they may correct the problem.

We look forward to your return visit . If I can ever be of assistance, please contact me.

Have a Happy New Year.

John Bailey
Singapore
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights with my son. We felt satisfied with the overall hotel conditions, staff services, and especially their hot breakfast was just good enough in varieties, taste, etc. It is also nice to use their shuttle services anywhere within 5-10 miles away from the hotel. I used it a couple of times to a medical clinic that I needed to visit and found it very convenient to take advantage of the service. Will definitely stay here again should a travel plan brings me back to Boca Raton!!

Room Tip: Ask for the Lake view rooms...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed for a business trip for 2 nights. Room was great - comfortable, spacious and clean. TV and A/C worked perfectly. Free Breakfast at the on-site restaurant was also very very good. Perfect location from both I-95 and the Florida Turnpike. Highly recommended.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Rooms are true suites, with a separate living room and bedroom. Room was quiet, with a comfortable bed, and a lovely view over a lake. Everything was very clean. The complimentary breakfast was ample (I did not try the cooked to order options, as there was plenty on the buffet), and the servers were very helpful. And the price is a bit lower than other hotels in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JohnCBailey, General Manager at Hilton Boca Raton Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for your positive comments.

We're very pleased you enjoyed our suites and our complimentary food and beverage service.

We look forward to your return visit.

John Bailey, GM
Marathon, Florida
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My son and I stayed one night on November 17, 2012. We arrived quite early and were allowed to check in right away. Not only that, we were treated to the fastest, most efficient check-in ever. The front desk person was a woman with long blonde-ish hair -- I wish I had gotten her name because she deserves special recognition here. I hope the manager sees this and gives her a pat on the back for a job well done. Professional, fast, friendly service... great way to start our stay!

The room was spacious, clean, quiet and fresh smelling. Everything in the room worked well, including the alarm clock which surprised us with a rousing (and unappreciated!) wake up at 6:15 a.m., but that's not the hotel's fault. The beds were very plush with premium linens that were fresh and clean. We also loved the bathroom amenities -- excellent quality soaps, shampoo, etc.

Placing our room service order that evening was quick and efficient. My son loved his chicken strips and fries, but my caesar salad was the opposite of refreshing. It was overdressed, wilted and warm; a major disappointment. I probably should have asked for dressing on the side.

Breakfast the next morning was very nice. Expect long lines for the cooked-to-order breakfast. However, there are other things you can grab (yogurt, bacon, scrambled eggs) without standing in line.

The hotel is in a convenient, secure location. Everyone on staff was friendly and professional. Overall it was quite a pleasant experience. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I enjoyed sitting on the balcony overlooking the little pond and fountain, but I probably wouldn'...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dolphinheron
Key West, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Nice hotel. Modern, clean, comfortable and affordable. Not far from shopping and dining. Free wi-fi would have been nice to have. The complimentary breakfast was great. Eggs, pancakes, omelets and French toast cooked to order. One major concern. Apparently this is a pet friendly hotel, which I don't have a problem with. So pet friendly in fact, guests brought their dog to breakfast, sat it in a chair and proceeded to feed it bacon on the table. The dog basically licked the table clean. That's way too pet friendly for me. My wife notified staff at the front desk and was told that pets were not allowed into the dining area. We watched as the front desk staff we spoke to walk into the dining area as if she was going to address the issue. She walked right past the dining dog and said absolutely nothing to the guest. Guess we should have spoke to a manager. Don't know if I'll be eating there again. Too bad, great breakfast.

Room Tip: Request lake view room 5th floor or higher. Take advange of the complimentary Manager's Happy H...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JohnCBailey, General Manager at Hilton Boca Raton Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for your positive comments.

I'm pleased you enjoyed the many amenities of the hotel, including our complimentary breakfast and cocktails.

Please accept my sincere apology for your experience when a pet was allowed to enter our restaurant. While we are pet friendly, pets (and their owners) are required to follow a number of house rules for the comfort and safety of our other guests, including no access to food and beverage areas. I'm sorry the pet's owner ignored this rule and that our staff did not respond in an appropriate and timely manner to this situation. I can assure you I have shared your comments with our management team so this does not happen again.

Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to your return visit.

John Bailey, GM