“Please remove the Hilton sign and change it to Comfort Inn.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Boca Raton Suites

Hilton Boca Raton Suites
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
“Please remove the Hilton sign and change it to Comfort Inn.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

As a Diamond member I was completely unimpressed with this property. The front desk staff was uninterested and unfriendly, bordering on rude. I saw zero signs of renovations. The room quality is Comfort Inn at best. Dirty and old. Will not stay here again, and will not recommend.

• Stayed May 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hilton Boca Raton Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
Thank you for staying with us. As a Diamond member we appreciate your business and feed back. Please accept my sincere apology for your experience. I am very concerned about your service experience and would like to learn more about it so we can address your concerns.

With regard to renovations we have recently renovated our fitness center and lobby. In addition, we have upgraded all of our TVs to HD flatscreens. This fall we will be replacing guest corridor and guest room carpeting. We are always making an effort to improve the guest expereince.

Please feel free to contact me regarding your service concerns and for renovation updates. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

John Bailey, GM
561-852-4004
john.c.bailey@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Suites for 3 nights. The hotels is pretty, service is excellent and location is perfect. It is close to highways, restaurants and shopping. It was great having the 2 rooms which gave us more space so one could lie down and one could read. We had a view of the water which also made the stay more enjoyable.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LeroyNorthCarolina
Memphis, TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

This hotel is set up like a Best Suites. The lobby is unimpressionable and the staff, although not rude, not overly welcoming either. I guess I expect more because I travel for business often and usually stay in more business minded hotels. There were more families staying at this one. Word of advice: Avoid the free buffet. It is busy and the wait staff not overly accomodating. I asked if more eggs were going to be placed on the buffet and I was told to speak with the chef. Also, the day of check out, the housekeeper opened the door on me twice. I suppose I should have had the do not disturb sign, but I have never had that happen to me in any other hotel before this one.
The only good thing about the hotel would be the fitness facility. I did find that it was better than I expected. I had other business associates staying at the Marriot Renissance down the street and it was much nicer and cheaper.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hilton Boca Raton Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for your constructive criticsm. I sincerely apologize for your experience at breakfast and with our housekeeping service. I have shared your comments with our department managers so we can improve in these areas. I do hope you will give our hotel another opportunity in the future. Please contact me personally for any assistance. John Bailey, GM. You may contact me at john.c.bailey@hilton.com.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

Stayed at the Hilton Suites on a business trip because our usual hotel was booked. We used a conference room for a few days as well as a number of guest rooms. We found the hotel to be clean and comfortable and staff was responsive and helpful. The free breakfast and happy hour drinks were a bonus. I would agree with some earlier reviews that the hotel is a bit outdated (it is an old style Embassy Suites) but I think the rates reflected that fact. Overall, I would say we received decent value for the money.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality and look forward to your next visit with us. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance to you. John Bailey, GM. Please feel free to contact me at John.c.bailey@hilton.com.
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2011

I completely agree with the most recent reviews -- the hotel location is good and the bed was very comfortable for sleep -- perfect if you're just looking for a comfortable bed for the night. If you're planning on spending much of your time at the hotel, I would look for a better property that offers more. You can easily see how the hotel was a Ramada and was 'converted' into a Hilton.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

If you need a great night sleep, book this hotel. If you plan to spend much time at the hotel, go somewhere else.

Hilton owns many different properties and with each brings a certain set of expectations. Well, by calling yourself a “Hiltons Suites” you think high-end and exemplary service. That’s not what we got.

I am a Diamond Member of the Hilton Honors program who has come to expect a certain level of treatment and customer service when arriving at Hilton Properties as well as a high quality staffing throughout the property. I found the people at the desk to be cold and lacking in any type of “how can I help you and make your day better” skills. We could have checked ourselves into the hotel and felt better welcomed. No eye contact or no warmth whatsoever. There were even times during the week that no one was at the desk!

Later in the week, I found out we were NOT on the Hilton Honors floor. When I asked at the desk what was on the floor that was not on my floor, the answer was “nothing”; “all the same”; “nope, nothing”. I walked away once again feeling that the staff has no skills in dealing with the public. The staffing issue was similar in the breakfast area where dirty dishes seemed to be everywhere and service was robotic. At the pool, the towels have seen better days. Why not spend a little money on a towel to at least give you the allusion of being at a “Hilton”? And, how could you ever run out of clean towels?

I will say the best part of our week was the comfortable bed and the very high quality of the sheets and bed linens.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hilton Boca Raton Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2011
Thank you for your comments. As a Diamond member we appreciate your business and feedback. Thank you for reaching out to me off-line so we could discuss your concerns in detail and come to a resolution agreeable to you. We will certainly address these issues. We are always looking for ways to improve and we appreciate your constructive criticism.
jericho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2011

My family of four have been coming to this hotel for at least the last 10 years from when it was a Ramada and have always been very satisfied up until now. The staff is still friendly and helpful and the property is clean. And Louis is still the star attraction at the included breakfast

The rooms however are another story. The room we stayed in was in need of serious updating. The rooms are still the same in our eyes from 10 years ago (they did add DVD players at least though). At over $200 dollars a night, (high season) you do expect more. We usually travel to Florida in low season and always paid around $100 per night so we weren't so picky but it does look like others share our opinions about the rooms needing updating. I would recommend but only at the right price.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jeffster
Thank you for your loyalty over the years. We appreciate your business and your feedback. I do have good news for you regarding our suites. This past year we updated all of our TVs to HD flat sceens --37" in the living room and 32" in the bedroom and will be adding additional HD channel content this summer. We will also be improving the quality of our high speed internet service. This summer we will begin renovations, including guest corridor and guest room carpeting. We do look forward to your next visit. Please feel free to contact me regarding our continual improvements and our new look. John Bailey, GM. John.c.bailey@hilton.com.