“Not One of Hilton's Better Properties”

Hilton Boca Raton Suites
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed March 19, 2011

This hotel is set up like a Best Suites. The lobby is unimpressionable and the staff, although not rude, not overly welcoming either. I guess I expect more because I travel for business often and usually stay in more business minded hotels. There were more families staying at this one. Word of advice: Avoid the free buffet. It is busy and the wait staff not overly accomodating. I asked if more eggs were going to be placed on the buffet and I was told to speak with the chef. Also, the day of check out, the housekeeper opened the door on me twice. I suppose I should have had the do not disturb sign, but I have never had that happen to me in any other hotel before this one.
The only good thing about the hotel would be the fitness facility. I did find that it was better than I expected. I had other business associates staying at the Marriot Renissance down the street and it was much nicer and cheaper.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded April 7, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and for your constructive criticsm. I sincerely apologize for your experience at breakfast and with our housekeeping service. I have shared your comments with our department managers so we can improve in these areas. I do hope you will give our hotel another opportunity in the future. Please contact me personally for any assistance. John Bailey, GM. You may contact me at john.c.bailey@hilton.com.

Reviewed March 16, 2011

Stayed at the Hilton Suites on a business trip because our usual hotel was booked. We used a conference room for a few days as well as a number of guest rooms. We found the hotel to be clean and comfortable and staff was responsive and helpful. The free breakfast and happy hour drinks were a bonus. I would agree with some earlier reviews that the hotel is a bit outdated (it is an old style Embassy Suites) but I think the rates reflected that fact. Overall, I would say we received decent value for the money.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded April 7, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality and look forward to your next visit with us. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance to you. John Bailey, GM. Please feel free to contact me at John.c.bailey@hilton.com.

Reviewed March 11, 2011

I completely agree with the most recent reviews -- the hotel location is good and the bed was very comfortable for sleep -- perfect if you're just looking for a comfortable bed for the night. If you're planning on spending much of your time at the hotel, I would look for a better property that offers more. You can easily see how the hotel was a Ramada and was 'converted' into a Hilton.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2011

If you need a great night sleep, book this hotel. If you plan to spend much time at the hotel, go somewhere else.

Hilton owns many different properties and with each brings a certain set of expectations. Well, by calling yourself a “Hiltons Suites” you think high-end and exemplary service. That’s not what we got.

I am a Diamond Member of the Hilton Honors program who has come to expect a certain level of treatment and customer service when arriving at Hilton Properties as well as a high quality staffing throughout the property. I found the people at the desk to be cold and lacking in any type of “how can I help you and make your day better” skills. We could have checked ourselves into the hotel and felt better welcomed. No eye contact or no warmth whatsoever. There were even times during the week that no one was at the desk!

Later in the week, I found out we were NOT on the Hilton Honors floor. When I asked at the desk what was on the floor that was not on my floor, the answer was “nothing”; “all the same”; “nope, nothing”. I walked away once again feeling that the staff has no skills in dealing with the public. The staffing issue was similar in the breakfast area where dirty dishes seemed to be everywhere and service was robotic. At the pool, the towels have seen better days. Why not spend a little money on a towel to at least give you the allusion of being at a “Hilton”? And, how could you ever run out of clean towels?

I will say the best part of our week was the comfortable bed and the very high quality of the sheets and bed linens.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded March 12, 2011

Thank you for your comments. As a Diamond member we appreciate your business and feedback. Thank you for reaching out to me off-line so we could discuss your concerns in detail and come to a resolution agreeable to you. We will certainly address these issues. We are always looking for ways to improve and we appreciate your constructive criticism.

Reviewed February 26, 2011

My family of four have been coming to this hotel for at least the last 10 years from when it was a Ramada and have always been very satisfied up until now. The staff is still friendly and helpful and the property is clean. And Louis is still the star attraction at the included breakfast

The rooms however are another story. The room we stayed in was in need of serious updating. The rooms are still the same in our eyes from 10 years ago (they did add DVD players at least though). At over $200 dollars a night, (high season) you do expect more. We usually travel to Florida in low season and always paid around $100 per night so we weren't so picky but it does look like others share our opinions about the rooms needing updating. I would recommend but only at the right price.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jeffster
Management response:Responded April 7, 2011

Thank you for your loyalty over the years. We appreciate your business and your feedback. I do have good news for you regarding our suites. This past year we updated all of our TVs to HD flat sceens --37" in the living room and 32" in the bedroom and will be adding additional HD channel content this summer. We will also be improving the quality of our high speed internet service. This summer we will begin renovations, including guest corridor and guest room carpeting. We do look forward to your next visit. Please feel free to contact me regarding our continual improvements and our new look. John Bailey, GM. John.c.bailey@hilton.com.

Reviewed February 17, 2011

We have been staying at this hotel at least twice a year for the last 20 years. It was originally an Embassy/Grenada Suites and then became a Radisson and, as of a few years ago, a Hilton. Hilton upgraded the lobby and the rooms and, in particular, the beds. Very comfortable suites. Every room is the same suite layout which includes a separate living room and bedroom with the bathroom and a galley kitchen in between.
The free breakfast is cooked to order and Chef Louis has been there for many years cooking up great eggs, pancakes and french toast.. They also have an open bar every weeknight at cocktail hour.
Parking is free and they have a business center with a few PCs with free internet access, However, internet in the rooms, both wired and wi-fi, cost extra which it shouldn't in this day and age.
The location is convenient to the Turnpike and Boca West and just a few minutes from shopping at Town Center. A free shuttle is available to take you there.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel for at least a week in January or February over many years. We choose it because of it's location near friends and for the included cooked to order breakfast and complimentary Happy Hour. This year will probably be our last unless the rooms are updated. The first room they gave us had a bed board under one half of the bed left there from a previous guest. The second room they put us in had a disgusting odor, dirty carpet and shabby upholstered furniture. Indeed all the rooms suffer from a lack of updating. On a positive note: very comfortable beds and flat screen TVs. However these amenities do not compensate for the general deterioration of this property. A shame.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded February 15, 2011

Thank you for your loyalty over the years and for your comments. As you are aware, over the past three years the hotel has remodeled our fitness center, lobby, and most recently upgraded all suite TVs to HD flats screens. I'm glad you enjoyed them. We do strive to continually improve the hotel.

I'm happy to share with you that we are currently planning a room renvovation for later this year. If you would contact me at either john.c.bailey@hilton.com or 561.852.4004 I would be happy to keep you updated on our progress through the year. We look forward to inviting you back to stay with us next year. We value you as a loyal guest.
John Bailey