“Do Not Stay Here!”

Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Chico, California
“Do Not Stay Here!”
Reviewed March 1, 2010

We stayed in Quality Inns on our vacation all over Florida. They were all fine except for this one. The carpets were not vacummed, the bathroom floor was not cleaned behind the bowl, there was a brown stain on the walls by the bed, the curtains had stains on them. two light bulbs were missing, the room had a smoke odor, the walls were thin. The neighbor had his door open and we could smell him smoking in his room. In the middle of the night a woman was talking outside below on her cell phone and we could hear her arguing with someone and finally had to get up and tell her to be quiet. In the morning for breakfast we had to ask the guy working on the front desk to supply more food as he was just sitting there on his computer. The room where you eat was very small and did not have enough room for all the people eating breakfast and there were signs asking you not to take the food to your room. We complained to the hotel the next day and they didn't say anything to make us feel more comfortable. Just kind of stared at us when we let them know the conditons of the room and then said they would clean the carpets and look at the wall.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
qualityinnbocaratonf, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn Boca Raton, FL for your recent stay in our area.

• Management and desk staff received additional training regarding their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests are reminded to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

• Management and desk staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guest.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn Boca Raton, FL. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
norcross
Reviewed February 18, 2010

room was clean and ck in-out fast
noisey from st,but not a big bother, would stay again

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed February 16, 2009

We traveled from SW Florida to Delray Beach for a weekend getaway, but were very disappointed in the condition of this hotel. Here are my main points - good and bad:

- Good location
- Winston, at the front desk, was very cordial and helpful w/ directions and providing us with a room at the back instead of on the busy street side.
- Breakfast was only adequate. Small room, no one attending the room, canned orange juice in dispenser, no peanut butter. My huband LOVES peanut butter on bagels. I asked - they said they did not have it.
- The room was not clean. All countertops and tables were dusty. Front of dresser drawers felt grimy and sticky. Ugh!
- Water in the tub/shower fills up and takes quite a while to go down the drain... you end up standing in your own dirty water.
- Shower curtain had purple stains (shampoo? conditioner?) and black mold/mildew stains at the bottom.
- Bathrooom floor tiles and corners of bathroom floor very dirty.
- No paper or pencil anywhere in the room.
- No local information books or brochures in the room.
- We used the 2 plastic drinking cups during our first night's stay. After returning to the room on day 2, housekeeping did not provide us with 2 more cups or additional coffee cups.
- The bath amenities were small plastic bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. The shampoo and body lotion said, "Do not use if seal is broken." Seals were broken on both upon check-in and on day 2 as well, after housekeeping had made up the room.
- I shudder to think how dirty the rug is, but since it is maroon and navy, I can't tell.
- Safe in room does not work. Seems to be broken in the open position. Could not operate the cylinders.
- No hairdryer - only the plate where the hairdryer once was... and it had sharp pieces on it right next to the electric outlet.
- The pull-rod that is usually attached to the drapes to open and close... one was sitting in the corner; one was on the other drape.
- Pool area gate not locked
- One of the life preservers in bad shape and the other was thrown on the ground in a corner.
- Pool was dirty with debris and a pile of cement or dirt sat in a corner.
- Chaise loungers were filthy. I had to request a rag to clean them off before we would sit on them. The kid at the front desk said, "Wet or dry?" I said, "Both." There was no offer to help, however.
- The square plastic table next to the chaise lounges was black with cigarette burns and ashes.
- Bird droppings all over a small wall railing next to chaises.
- Entire outside of building - stairs, railings, floors all need washing and painting.

All in all, this hotel is in dire need of maintenance, new management or both. It was pretty disgusting and disappointing. Sorry, but I cannot recommend it to anyone!

• Liked — Only the location and price ($103)
  • Disliked — Pretty much everything
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
pdiddy112, General manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, December 23, 2009
Thank you for your valuable comments about your recent stay at our hotel. Let me apologize for the unfortunate inconveniences that you experienced with us, this is not the kind of service the Quality Inn is know for. We will use your comments for re-training purposes. Again let me thank you for your comments.

Travelers are raving about these Boca Raton hotels

Rockland Cty, NY
Reviewed January 8, 2009

The hotel came recommended by a family member who said it had been recently renovated, so based on that, plus the fotos we saw here, we booked the room. Although it was labeled as a non-smoking room, it did indeed have a faint smell of smoke and a huge cigarette burn in the dark green carpet. When we got there, the standing lamp switch was broken and the TV remote didn't allow us to change channels. The front desk clerk promptly replaced both these items. The beds were comfortable and we slept well.
However, in the morning, when we went to shower, there was a sewerage backup in the tub. We reported it and the maintenance man came and cleaned it out. We had to leave soon, so we skipped the shower, fully expecting to shower in the afternoon, before we went out for dinner. When we returned that afternoon, the shower was still dirty, although not as dirty as before. We called the desk and the clerk offered to come by and bleach it again. We were pressed for time and asked it another room was available in which to shower, and he told us the hotel was fully booked. No shower again. When we returned that evening, the tub indeed had been bleached. A shower felt so good.
Since we were so inconvenienced, and since they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, I asked to be fully comp'ed for the night. Ultimately, we were comp'ed 40% of the room rate for that night.
The annoying part was that the hotel clerk told the GM that he had offered us another room and we had refused, and that was why he offered the 40%. That's not how we remember it, but it was a question of "he said, he said", so I'll take what I got.
Perhaps it's their effort to go green, but the toilet paper was the recycled variety that turned gray when wet. Not a big deal, except it shreds very easily. Charmin brand it ain't!

• Liked — comfortable queen beds
  • Disliked — filthy tub
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

• The management and desk staff received extra training in the level of courtesy with which our valued guests are to be treated. The mixed situations were discussed.

Hotel Manager.
Ashville, OH
Reviewed January 2, 2008

We stayed at this motel a week ago. This is an older large motel that is in good condition and clean. We got a good online rate.

The staff is very friendy an helpful. The young man that greeted me was great. He was friendly and made sure that I knew of all that the motel offered. He was just finishing up my check in when an older man came in. This man, with a very nasty tone, asked the hotel clerk if he was going to help him. The clerk came quickly from around the desk, said "yes, sir" and went out the door. I followed the two men out. As I walked to our vehicle I seen the clerk pick up all the man's luggage and carry it all to the second floor. The man probably couldn't do it and since there wasn't an elevator, required the help. But I thought it was terrible how the clerk was treated. However, the young man was professional and handled the situation with class.

We requested a room that did not face the highway. We got that. It was a quiet room and it was great. We walked in and found it to be a good size and well laid out. Next to the frig and microwave cabinet was a 5ft long counter top that was so useful. Our room was very clean and we enjoyed it very much.

We had wireless internet available in our room. There is also a nice computer/internet work station in the hotel lobby.

The breakfast had many items to chose from. We had no problem with two young kids and ourselves finding enough to eat..

We would definitely stay here again. Happy Travels!

• Liked — internet, free breakfast, nice room, friendly service.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank OurAshvilleFamily
Boulder, CO
Reviewed December 22, 2007

Wanting to be near a ill friend, we searched for a reasonable priced facility as close as possible recognizing the trade off vs staying at a Marriott or similar facility. Historically, the few Quality Inns I have stayed at have not been so good. With this in mind, I asked to see a room prior to making a commitment.

The room was recently updated, new carpet and furnishings, very clean, larger than the Tampa Airport Marriott we had stayed in on arriving in Florida, with refrigerator, microwave, coffee and amenities. We would not have wanted a room facing No.Fed. Blvd., because of substantial road noise, but in the back was no problem. The A/C unit worked better than the Marriott or any other we encountered in FL. Since it was a cool time of year, this was a non issue everywhere we visited, but in summer time, this would have been appreciated.

Winston Wright, front desk manager, was wonderful and helpful with recommendations. The continental breakfast was above average for this level of hotel. Free internet access and the ability to print off our boarding passes added to the value.

• Liked — overall room
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MaryRP
Citrus Springs, Florida
Reviewed August 23, 2007

I found the hotel online, spoke to the National reservations who had me contact the hotel directly to verify whether they could accomodate my disability. One of my biggest concerns was that I was traveling alone with my young son (also disabled) and would need assistance getting my baggage to my room. I also would be having my room paid by voucher by our attorney. I was told that the hotel would honor the online rate since the direct contact was for specific answers to questions I could not get online. Even though the hotel would be paid by voucher which would be faxed to the hotel (just 4 hours after my 6am reservation) they insisted I had to give them a credit card number. I told them I didn't have enough on my credit card to pay for the room that was the purpose of the voucher. I was told that was not a problem since they would not even "ping" my account. The next day as I was getting ready to go out the door the hotel called to inform me that I had better come up with another way to pay for the room since my credit card had been declined. I told them a voucher had already been sent but he refused to confirm it. After 6 hours of phone calls I finally had a copy of the voucher. I ended up arriving after midnight and when I asked for help getting my bags in my room they asked me "what do you think this is a full service hotel?" I explained that I had asked in advance if I would have assistance. He refused to help. I also found out later he was the man I spoke to earlier in the day who had refused to give me his name and who had actually given me a fake name. The manager of the hotel did not contact me at all for over a week and then only after the national reservation people contacted him. It was a very unprofessional what do you want from me letter.
My room which was actually half way decent size was not very well maintained and backed up to the laundry. I listened to dryers all night and the toilet ran and ran. Maintenance did come to fix it but it didnt work.
The parking was also very small and tight.
The online photos of the rooms showed a table in the room but this didnt have one. The fridge was broken.
When we were leaving I phoned the desk and asked if I could have help to put my bags in my truck. They said yes (same man with the fake name) just let them know when. I said Im ready now. 2 hours later no one had come. A man in the next room was nice enough to help me. When I checked out they did correct the room charge by issuing a refund for the difference.
The juice offered for the free continental breakfast tasted spoiled and the danish was frozen. There was not much room for me to maneuver my chair.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone that is handicapped.
I definitely would not recommend this hotel based upon the lack of honesty and the bad faith in the way the issues that arose were handled.

Stayed March 2007