“Our stay”

Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Ashville, OH
“Our stay”
Reviewed January 2, 2008

We stayed at this motel a week ago. This is an older large motel that is in good condition and clean. We got a good online rate.

The staff is very friendy an helpful. The young man that greeted me was great. He was friendly and made sure that I knew of all that the motel offered. He was just finishing up my check in when an older man came in. This man, with a very nasty tone, asked the hotel clerk if he was going to help him. The clerk came quickly from around the desk, said "yes, sir" and went out the door. I followed the two men out. As I walked to our vehicle I seen the clerk pick up all the man's luggage and carry it all to the second floor. The man probably couldn't do it and since there wasn't an elevator, required the help. But I thought it was terrible how the clerk was treated. However, the young man was professional and handled the situation with class.

We requested a room that did not face the highway. We got that. It was a quiet room and it was great. We walked in and found it to be a good size and well laid out. Next to the frig and microwave cabinet was a 5ft long counter top that was so useful. Our room was very clean and we enjoyed it very much.

We had wireless internet available in our room. There is also a nice computer/internet work station in the hotel lobby.

The breakfast had many items to chose from. We had no problem with two young kids and ourselves finding enough to eat..

We would definitely stay here again. Happy Travels!

• Liked — internet, free breakfast, nice room, friendly service.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank OurAshvilleFamily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Boulder, CO
Reviewed December 22, 2007

Wanting to be near a ill friend, we searched for a reasonable priced facility as close as possible recognizing the trade off vs staying at a Marriott or similar facility. Historically, the few Quality Inns I have stayed at have not been so good. With this in mind, I asked to see a room prior to making a commitment.

The room was recently updated, new carpet and furnishings, very clean, larger than the Tampa Airport Marriott we had stayed in on arriving in Florida, with refrigerator, microwave, coffee and amenities. We would not have wanted a room facing No.Fed. Blvd., because of substantial road noise, but in the back was no problem. The A/C unit worked better than the Marriott or any other we encountered in FL. Since it was a cool time of year, this was a non issue everywhere we visited, but in summer time, this would have been appreciated.

Winston Wright, front desk manager, was wonderful and helpful with recommendations. The continental breakfast was above average for this level of hotel. Free internet access and the ability to print off our boarding passes added to the value.

• Liked — overall room
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MaryRP
Citrus Springs, Florida
Reviewed August 23, 2007

I found the hotel online, spoke to the National reservations who had me contact the hotel directly to verify whether they could accomodate my disability. One of my biggest concerns was that I was traveling alone with my young son (also disabled) and would need assistance getting my baggage to my room. I also would be having my room paid by voucher by our attorney. I was told that the hotel would honor the online rate since the direct contact was for specific answers to questions I could not get online. Even though the hotel would be paid by voucher which would be faxed to the hotel (just 4 hours after my 6am reservation) they insisted I had to give them a credit card number. I told them I didn't have enough on my credit card to pay for the room that was the purpose of the voucher. I was told that was not a problem since they would not even "ping" my account. The next day as I was getting ready to go out the door the hotel called to inform me that I had better come up with another way to pay for the room since my credit card had been declined. I told them a voucher had already been sent but he refused to confirm it. After 6 hours of phone calls I finally had a copy of the voucher. I ended up arriving after midnight and when I asked for help getting my bags in my room they asked me "what do you think this is a full service hotel?" I explained that I had asked in advance if I would have assistance. He refused to help. I also found out later he was the man I spoke to earlier in the day who had refused to give me his name and who had actually given me a fake name. The manager of the hotel did not contact me at all for over a week and then only after the national reservation people contacted him. It was a very unprofessional what do you want from me letter.
My room which was actually half way decent size was not very well maintained and backed up to the laundry. I listened to dryers all night and the toilet ran and ran. Maintenance did come to fix it but it didnt work.
The parking was also very small and tight.
The online photos of the rooms showed a table in the room but this didnt have one. The fridge was broken.
When we were leaving I phoned the desk and asked if I could have help to put my bags in my truck. They said yes (same man with the fake name) just let them know when. I said Im ready now. 2 hours later no one had come. A man in the next room was nice enough to help me. When I checked out they did correct the room charge by issuing a refund for the difference.
The juice offered for the free continental breakfast tasted spoiled and the danish was frozen. There was not much room for me to maneuver my chair.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone that is handicapped.
I definitely would not recommend this hotel based upon the lack of honesty and the bad faith in the way the issues that arose were handled.

Stayed March 2007
2 Thank LadyJackFL

Travelers are raving about these Boca Raton hotels

Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 25, 2006

I have stayed two times at the Quality Inn in Boca Raton, once in July and once in August 2006. Both times, I had no complaints whatsoever. Of course, this is a simple hotel and small inn with no amenities or luxuries. But fot he price I payed (off season, $60 + tax) it was a pretty good deal. I took my laptop both times and the internet service was good. Some rooms have wireless, others have hookups.Rooms and bathroom were not bad at all, but they could benefit from remodeling. However, they were very clean. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful; Mario the night clerk I dealt on both occasions was very professional and made sure I was pleased with my request (later chek out). We didn't have the breakfast, since we woke up very late. Overall, a pretty good deal for someone on a budget. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple