“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Boca Raton
Waterford, Michigan
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

New style courtyard. Rooms are clean but small. "The Bistro" down in the lobby is a horrible idea. On a busy morning it takes over 10 min. just to order breakfast and then, if there is a seat available it takes easily another 10 min. to receive it. Hotel breakfast should be quick and easy so you can get on with your day. Elevators are small, old, and in inconvenient areas away from the lobby. Not a lot of nearby parking spaces, You end up parking a little farther away and walking around the building a lot. There is a lot to do in the area. Plenty of places to eat and down the street from the mall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I arrived a couple of hours before check in and while my room was not yet ready they were still able to accommodate me within 30 minutes which was a great relief. The young woman at the front desk was very gracious and when I returned she immediately recognized me and had my room key ready for me. Only draw back... I think they need to update the mattress to either a new one or a better quality. These days of great beds, a less than excellent quality mattress is a bit disappointing. Nevertheless, I still had a good night's sleep. We had suite with a nice living room, 2 tv's. a mini fridge, microwave. Just one bathroom which you had to enter through the bedroom -- which is bad considering that if you're traveling with someone other than your kids or your direct kin, you really don't want anyone going through your room in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. It was a great experience, regardless and I would certainly recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a first room floor by the roundabout so you can park right by the back door -- of course you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lake Mary, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

A fantastic location to stay, it's close to shopping, restaurants, and the beach, and very colse to the I-95

Hotel staff is very helpful and curious.
Rooms are clean, although some of the ammenities (shampoo, soap) were lacking a bit, but no big deal.
There is a great selection of very good restaurants, such as Seasons 52, Cheesecake factory, and others nearby.

The lobby is very open and friendly, with full liquor bar for after work hours is very nice and relaxing as you recap the day.

I will definitely stay at the Courtyard Boca Raton again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at this due to a business trip. Due to the agreement with the company I work for the price was very accessible (99$), where normally it costs around 250$ during my stay.

The positive sides:

- Excellent bed - Marriott quality
- Room was spacious and comfortable
- Swimming pool & jacuzzi where I saw many guests enjoying
- Starbucks is in the lobby of this hotel, even though they don't have all the items from a full starbucks counter, it was a great start of the day! There is also another starbucks across the road with the full menu/offer which I used to go on the weekend.
- Customer service was very good! A package was delivered at the hotel after I left and they kept till a colleague could pick it up for me.
- Location is very good - just one block from the Town Center mall and with several restaurants closed by.

Negative: only other guests can be very loud and letting the doors get closed very hard...However, the hotel cannot be blamed by its' guests behaviours.

In total a great experience and wouldn't mind going back there again!

Room Tip: Take a room away from the elevator to avoid
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Courtyard G, General Manager at Courtyard Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I thank you for your comments and appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My Wife and I had not stayed at this location for several years and were pleasantly surprised with the lobby renovation. Much more user friendly and open than before.
When we checked in the manager was kind enough to give us a room upgrade which put us in a bedroom with a separate living room attached, a really nice option for this franchise. It was nice to spread out a little after some other recent small rooms.
The other nice thing about the location of this hotel is the proximity to Town Center shopping (which makes me a hero with my wife) as well as the fact that there is a Houston's and a Macaroni Grill literally right next door.
All in all, an excellent stay at a nicely upgraded Marriott Courtyard.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel has a terrific location and is beautifully redone - but if you want to sleep don't ask the front desk for a quiet room! I used to stay here frequently when South Florida travel was a monthly thing for me, but have not been there in a long while. Last week I was delighted to see how many new restaurants had opened right next to the Courtyard and I walked into a beautiful lobby too. But problems began at the front desk where the young man remarked that he saw in my profile that I wanted a quiet room. Yes I said, he proceeded to tell me he had one at the far end, in a quiet corner and "park your car ... then take the stairs to the fourth floor". I stopped him by asking if he really meant stairs? with luggage? Oh you'd rather be close to the elevator? he responded. Then he proceeded to show me a map and in elementary school terms show me where my new room option was. By this time I just wanted a room and took what he gave me. Bad idea as this room was directly across a small driveway from a large restaurant that had trash pick up at 5 am and big refrigerated truck deliveries for hours thereafter. Nice and quiet! The next morning I stopped at the front desk again to ask to speak privately with a manager on duty who was not available. Sadly the woman at the front desk barely cared about my dilemma either, never even took my name. If I had a wish it would be that hotels started focusing on the huge impact of the front desk staff and begin by teaching them the meaning of quiet and a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for the back of the hotel, both sides have restaurants/bars very close and the noise begins earl...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Courtyard G, General Manager at Courtyard Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I apologize that a simple request became so complicated, to say the least. And we even had a second chance to make your stay a bit more comfortable and we failed you there also. I have printed your comment, posted it , and used it as a training tool for all associates. This is the perfect example of how , as you stated, the Front Line associates play a huge impact on first impressions as well as follow up. I thank you for your candid comments and hope the next time you are in our area, give us a second chance to impress you and provide you with a quality stay.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was in Boca Raton on business. The Marriott was the perfect location but The Courtyard was 1/3 the price. I am so happy I went with Courtyard. The Marriott and The Courtyard are walking distance to eachother so location was also great. The staff is excellent. The rooms are so comfortable and a good size. They could use more washer and dryers. We were fighting for laundry time, but may have just been the day and time. The pool area is very nice, day or night. There are lots of great choices for restaurants all with in walking distance from The Courtyard. I plan on going back next year when I am in Boca Raton next year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business