“Good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

I booked through hotwire for a nice hotel in Boca Raton. I was not disappointed. The Marriott is not near the beach, which is too bad considering the beauty of Boca Raton beaches. Apart from that, this hotel is very good value: spacious rooms, very nice pool and gym, professional staff. Nothing exceptional or charming, but a decent, no-worries place to stay in one of my favorite beach cities in Florida. Internet is free, so is parking which is always nice when you compare with the major amount of money you have to spend for these commodities in so-called premium hotels like Mandarin Oriental.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Czech first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

I've stayed at many hotels in my lifetime and I look back on few with such high accord as I do this Marriott.

The rooms are very spacious with a deep red and gold color scheme that goes well. The bathrooms have more space as a result of the sink being removed to just outside the bathroom door. I don't know who came up with this idea, but it's not one of my favorites.

The service was top notch. As a Marriott Rewards Gold member, it is always nice (but not a big deal to me, personally, if they don't) when someone acknowledges my status and thanks me for my loyalty. It was above and beyond for the Front Desk Supervisor to come from behind the counter to shake my hand personally, and offer a breakfast coupon since the Concierge Lounge is closed on Saturday.

All in all, it was a relaxing visit and would eagerly recommend this property to anyone looking for good service and a good room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

Can't say enough good about this place. It's the absolute bomb. Sparkling clean facility, first class employees - so polite! This Marriott is as good as it gets.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

As a former Marriott associate who spent 8 years doing audits of Marriott properties, I have to say that I was impressed with the service and maintenance of this property and truly enjoyed my stay. Having worked in the hospitality business for over 15 years, I have a keen eye for detail and obviously know Marriott standards and requirements. Based on my experience at checkin, in the restaurant and the accommodations in general, on the surface it would seem that this property would pass with flying colors. I would and will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank romadaro
Wayne, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

Clean, with friendly service. Wonderful room. Suprisingly good gym. Adequate pool facilities. Fresh fruit at gym and pool everyday and free coffee and beverages. My only complaint that was when I booked this hotel on line it said continental breakfast. I assumed it meant continental breakfast was included free. It was not. It was a bit misleading. Oh, and when you ask for extra towels on line, they do give you extra towels the first night, but you have to ask daily or you will not continually get them. Overall, though, it was a very good hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Cayman
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

We opted to stay at this hotel after 2 previous comfortable stays here, albeit a few years ago. The desk staff were helpful and courteous but the stay was marred by terrible restaurant. We had breakfast included, it was in a word "disgusting". The porridge was like wallpaper paste, the potatoes tasted like they had been reheated at least twice, finally the skimmed milk which we were about to pour over our cereal actually came out in lumps!!! This really put into question the state of cleanliness and management of the kitchen. One of the waiters stood by our table, with his arms crossed the entire time, asking if we wanted tea or coffee!! This isn't the customer service one expects and usually get from the Marriott. The guy in charge of the restaurant one morning, tried to force his way by me with a chair, it was obvious there was not room, but he persisted until I had to move - in the middle of breakfast. All very odd!!! It seemed to me that the recession we are all experiencing has hit the Marriott at Boca Town Centre .......... The room was also set up with a tv directly on the wall to the right, and just ahead of the bed, I don't know about everyone else but when in a hotel I like to watch film, news etc usually from the comfort of my bed.....which was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
czucker, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this review, June 8, 2010
First let me thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and sharing the feedback regarding your stay with us back in April. On behalf of my entire food and beverage team we sincerely apologize for not providing you the basic food service and quality standards we have been known for. I have shared and reviewed your comments with our entire team and have already re-implemented a stronger quality control in all the necessary areas to avoid this from ever happening again. We would love to invite you back to show you that this was totally an isolated experience and I will personally make the necessary arrangements.

Again thank you for your valueable feedback and we do hope to have you back with us in the near future.

Cathy Zucker
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

My husband and I have been at the Boca Raton Marriott in Boca Center during 2 days at the beginning of our trip to Florida. We consider Marriott to be a very reliable chain, and this stay confirmed it. Check-in was simple and fast, and we were allowed into the room even though we arrived well ahead of check-in time (we were travelling from Brazil and came directly from Miami airport). The room was quite large, with a comfortable king bed, a sofa, a large desk, a coffee table, and a beautiful view. Breakfast had a good choice of options. Location is good and close to several stores, particularly to the Town Center at Boca Raton, a very good shopping mall. The only problem we had during our stay was caused by a noisy family next room (there was a connecting door). I complained about it to the reception and they immediately phoned the room and returned to me to say that they hoped everything would be fine from then on. The day before our departure, management called me and asked about our stay and whether we had had any problems. I think this is a very professional attitude that, at the same time, adds a personal touch. Checkout was fast and simple. In short, a pleasant stay at a nice hotel, as is usually the case with Marriotts.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple