“Terrific”

GreenLeadersBronze level
St. Louis, MO
“Terrific”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2007

This is the first time that I stayed at this Marriott and I truly have to say that I was more than pleased. From the moment I arrived, there were staff and Managers available to assist me with my luggage. This is the first time I have been greeted by a Manager when I arrived.

The check in was fast and efficient and the front desk person asked me they could assist me with finding a place to have dinner, and advised of the new restaurant. I tried it and was very surprised. Excellent food, priced reasonable, wonderful elegant but trendy atmosphere. After dinner, a walk through the shops completed a long and tiring day. My room was new and spotless. I felt comfortable from the time I arrived until I left.

If I have the opportunity to travel to Boca Raton in the future, I will definalely stay at this hotel.

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank Jer1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Czech first
Short Hills, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2007

This hotel must be the most popular hotel in the area, attached to a Spa, 8 restaurants, and shops. Hotel is all-new, and looks nicer than most Marriott hotels.

Staff was friendly and the restaurant attached to the hotel, ABSINTHE, was incredible, with live jazz and a hot bar. I paid a lot, but it was worth the trip. The beds were new and totally comfy. I will back!

• Liked — the look & feel of the hotel
  • Disliked — very busy
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank NJBigred
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2007

This is not an easy review to write. I have no feelings about this hotel either way.

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights mid December 2006 with our two children. The rooms were ready for us and despite our request for inter-connecting they could not oblige, even though we booked this 11 months prior! The rooms were just along the hall (not ideal with young kids).

The rooms are not the biggest and the view is not great but it is located in the city center near the Mall and restaurants. We were visiting friends locally so we could not have picked a better located hotel and were not looking for a beach front.

Only minor frustration (particularly considering the hotel had recently been refurbished), was why there are no in-room safes in the rooms? In order to store valuables, you are given a small locable mailbox behind reception. Certainly not ideal.

Would we stay here again? Probably yes, but only because there isn't another quality hotel in the immediate area.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2006

I stayed here on a Sunday night for one night. I paid $179 for a Concierge Level room that included breakfast.

The lobby is clean, bright and upscale, very nicely decorated in a modern decor with a nice center fountain. Right when I arrived to checkin the bellhop immediately asked if I need help with my bags. I found the front desk very helpful too. They gave me printed out index cards with directions to Delrey and Deerfield beaches, both within a 15-30 minute car ride. The hotel itself is about 8 miles inland so it's just a short drive to the beach.

I had a room on the 11th floor facing the front of the hotel which has a better view than the back which overlooks some smaller building rooftops. You can't see the ocean as the hotel is too far. I was told all rooms in the hotel are identical. The room is very modern, with a bright red couch, yellow table, and yellow curtains with geometric patterns. I think this hotel is in the middle of a renovation or upgrades, as some rooms on my floor had signs on the doors that said Wet Paint. The ceilings however still are popcorn ceilings. Overall, the room made me feel very cheery!

The bathrooms was very clean and appointed with Bath and Body Works essentials. I liked that the shower curtain rod curved out so that the curtain doesn't stick to you. The shower and toilet are separated by a door to the sink and closet so that two people can get ready at once if need be.

I had a Concierge Level reservation so I had access to the nightly snacks and morning breakfast on Floor 3, however I never got a chance to attend either. The 11/12th floors, Concierge Levels, also had the latest Newsweek on the elevator counter. Nice touch. They deliver the NY Times to your doorstep in the morning too.

The lobby has a little computer room where you can access the internet for free. There's only two computers in there. In the morning when I needed to use Mapquest both computers were taken and the front desk let me use their computer in their office.

Once thing I noticed though was a room service tray that stayed in the corrider from the time I arrived until the time I departed.

The pool and gym looked nice although I never had a chance to enjoy both. I took a peak at the pool and there is a little tiki type hut with a bar but not one soul was there or in the pool.

I would recommend this hotel as a very clean and friendly choice. However there are lots of choices along Ocean Blvd/AIA that are oceanfront and don't come up on Orbitz, Expedia, etc. I noticed them as I was driving around and it would have been nice to be there with a ocean view. I saw another Marriot on Ocean but I bet the prices are probably a bit higher for the location. If you have a car it shouldn't matter I suppose.

I suggest Delrey Beach as opposed to Deerfield. There are lots of restaurants/bars/shops on Atlantic Ave across from it.

• Liked — Modern and clean.
  • Disliked — Not across the street from the beach.
  • Tips/Secrets — Try to get a better deal in price.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank superflie
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2006

Spent one night there on business travel. The room was clean and spacious. The king size bed was by far the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in. Room well equipped for business traveler. Adjoins town center mall with many dining choices. Fantastic value as well!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
West Orange NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2006

Second time we stayed here and didnt dissapoint again. Convenient to all, and plenty of nearby restaurants to choose from. Hotel breakfast is a bit steep in price, but the buffet is decent and staff is really good. Pool is an attraction and grounds are well maintained for a "B" grade Marriott property. Paid rack rate of $103 a night and was well worth the price of stay.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank MrsMaytag
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2006

My wife and I just flew down to Boca for a friend's birthday celebration held at the Boca Center Marriot- a catered affair for over 100 guests, some of us from out of town and staying at the hotel for the party.
While the hotel was recently renovated, the staff is inexperienced and not up to snuff.
The rooms were not ready at checkin (3pm) and when they finally sent us up to our rooms at 4pm, they sent us to a room still not made up.
The whirlpool spa at the pool was down a foot in depth, not hot in temperature, and had cigarette butts and napkins floating in it at 10am. Yuk.
The service in their only restaurant was spotty at best, and a trainwreck at its worst.
The food at the affair, catered by the Marriot was inedible at its worst (red snapper) and passable at its best (filet mignon). Since that is the same kitchen, beware.
Have you ever been to a birthday party where the catering manager forgot to serve the birthday cake? We just were. Inexcusable.
There was a dirty champagne glass with a rotten strawberry left out on a table near the elevator on our floor for three days. After the second day we asked the front desk to have it removed. It may still be there.
My wife spotted a huge palmetto, legs up dying in the lobby hall on the way to the pool.
Our room was never supplied with enough towels to shower after the pool and then bathe the next morning. Every day we had to chase down housekeeping for enough towels.
Each of these complaints were discussed in depth with the hotel management before we checked out. There was an adjustment to our bill, which we had to pursue, but was eventually given.
The hotel manager explained that he had been brought in to the job two weeks ago to 'straighten out some problems'. Obviously this Marriot needs to do some in-depth re-evaluation of its staff and its customer service both in the hotel services and catering departments.
Meanwhile, I'd suggest looking at some of the other properties in Boca before chancing a stay at this simply awful hotel.

• Stayed May 2006