“Average Visit”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Average Visit”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We usually choose this location when in Boca Raton as we love going to Joseph's before visiting family and friends. Our last visit we had to dial 0 for extra amenities and this is something that this hotel rarely get's right. We make our reservations on the Marriott site request the amenities and the request is never met and this is the beginning of my stay not so good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
BocaMarriottGM, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay. I am actually reviewing the process that should be taking place on requests through the website to ensure we are giving you what you had asked for when you arrive. My sincere apologies for being so inconsistent but this will be corrected immediately.

Thank you though for always choosing to stay with us and I hope to meet you in person on your next visit. Please contact me directly and I will personally make your reservations and I will provide you with whatever your extra amenties that you need during your stay.

BocaMarriottGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Czech first
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The Marriott is located near I-95 and the Florida Trpk in addition to the beaches, shopping and other attractions. The facility is clean and the staff warm and accommodating. Morning papers are complimentary as is coffee. The gym is fine and the pool inviting. It was a busy weekend so chairs at the pool were difficult to come by. The breakfast buffet is good with the availability of specially prepared omelets. A few feet from the hotel is town center with a plethora of restaurants and shops. I've stayed here multiple times and have never had a problem.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BocaMarriottGM, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on our hotel and your stay. We take great pride to ensure that all our guests expectations are exceeded and look forward to having you back again real soon!

Thank you again!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We checked into this hotel for a 5 night stay for a big family event. From the moment we walked in, the staff was attentive, extremely helpful, proactive, and kind. I arrived with all sorts of requests and things to check-- we had gift bags and a brunch planned and a rehearsal to hold somewhere. We had a bunch of different people arriving needing/wanting certain rooms on certain floors, etc. Of course, I was gentle and kind when asking-- and the answers and results were top notch.

It's a great hotel for kids too-- the breakfast staff was fun and sweet. Chocolate chip pancakes upon request and genuine smiles and appreciation. I would recommend purchasing breakfast with the room if you can-- it's delicious and a good deal. The pool was fun for the kids (January was a bit too cold for me!).

Room Tip: The sunrise/morning views from the odd numbered rooms (I think) are great-- especially the higher fl...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Lexington,Kentucky
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Planned to stay 4 nights but after laying in bed and watching a 2 hour basketball game my neck felt like it was going to be in a permanent twist to the right position. Checked out and went to Hampton. I am a Marriott Platinum and found this property to be otherwise VERY GOOD! Staff Excellent,clean,comfortable, etc.

Room Tip: I think doubles have TV's in normal facing bed location. Also for what it is worth I would NOT r...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike0912
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your feedback from your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that you were not comfortable due to the location of our TV's but we are in the process of re-designing our rooms and we truly value and thank you so much for being such a loyal Marriott Platinium guest. I also thank you for you recognizing our team and hotel and hope to have you back in the near future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was here for a seminar and decided to stay a few extra days. The hotel offered me the special seminar rate for my entire stay. What a bonus! I had a spacious room with a king bed and a sofa. The bed was comfortable with a variety of pillows. There were ample towels in the bathroom. The toiletries were a tangerine aromatherapy blend that did not dry my skin. There's lots of free parking in a well lighted parking lot. I never heard the TV or voices from the rooms above, below or beside me. All of the staff that I encountered were polite, friendly and helpful.

The hotel is in Town Center. There are many shops and restaurants just right out the back door. You could spend your entire visit without ever leaving the hotel complex. The hotel is convenient to the downtown area of Boca Raton, I-95 and the airport. The hotel provided refreshments and meals for the seminar. The food was standard hotel banquet fare. The hummus and eggplant dip served during the cocktail hour were excellent.

The seminar I attended is held 4-5 times a year in various locations. However, they've been meeting at this hotel for the last 4 years. I may give up on attending the one near my home and return here for a winter getaway.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Our stay was average check in is at 3 pm with most hotels and we did have to wait almost one hour no big deal. However wish the lobby bar was open when we arrived the rooms do need a redo and the pool does need some attention to making it feel more like you are in Florida and it also was during the week when we stayed and there was no pool attendant. If you are a full service hotel you should have the services available otherwise everyone thing else went well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
BocaMarriottGM, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your feedback from your recent stay. As you can read from the reviews we do act and respond to all the valuable information that is shared and we will definitely be doing our guestrooms in the future but in the meantime we are committed to ensure the product is clean and in working order so your experience is still positive and enjoyable. We will also look at adding some amentities to our pool so you can enjoy the bar experience while relaxing in sunny South Florida.

We hope to see you back with us again in the near future and thank you for staying with us!

Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Reviewed February 21, 2014

As a Marriott Platinum Premiere Member I spend on average 100+ nights per year in Marriott Hotels. We have chosen the Boca Raton Marriott year after year for a winter get a way and know we can count on the best Marriott Service EVER each and every year. The team at this Marriott Hotel is trained to make sure the "guest is always first" and that they are always well taken care of. Every department is fantatstic (housekeeping, bell staff, concierge lounge, restaurant and of course front desk)...they do a wonderful job and enhance every aspect of the get away and even make sure the "weather was terrific".

Bruce & Randee Selan