“Fun Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Fun Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our recent trip to the Boca Marriott started off average. The check in was slow but pleasat we inquired for a couple of request that they were unable to meet instead they gave us a couple of complimentary drinks for Cafe 5150 and we so appreciated that. We visited the Cafe during our stay last friday night and saturday and sunday morning and enjoyed everything from start to finish. On the down side we did not get our room serviced at the time requested at check in and had to call for a couple of amenities to be brought to our room however they delivered the items in a timely manner. Special thanks to Angela for surprising us with a bucket of ice complimentary water and washcloths to cool us off at the pool. (Nice Touch) If our travels bring us back to Boca Raton we would defintely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Czech first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Just an average hotel. It was clean and the lower level was pretty but decor on the floors were lacking.The bar is nice and the restaurant was very good. The rooms were comfortable, but not 4.5 stars as rated by Priceline. More of a 3 star.
A good place to sleep one night.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank 715debcab
czucker, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your positive comments in the overall service and product that you experienced. We have added some of the extra amenities to continue to raise our star status which includes robes in every room and 24 hour room service delivery along with our additional amenities we provide.

We thank you again for staying with us and hope to have you back in the very near future.

St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was there for a convention and only 2 elevators worked. It took my associate 35 minutes to get from the 8th floor to the lobby. The walls are paper thin so you could hear doors shutting from down the hall.The pool was green and dirty. The banquet meal was pathetic; the salads were warm and wilted, the chicken had no flavor, the potatoes were over cooked and the portions were very small. Definitely not worth the money. The lights flickered in the Boca Ballroom and to top it all off, there was a car on blocks with all 4 wheels missing in the parking lot! I did write a letter to corporate about these issues and I got a speedy reply. The general manager stated the she has addressed the concerns with the appropriate departments. Hopefully then next time, if there is a next time, my experience will be a better one.

• 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Nicole M
czucker, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,

We sincerely apologize for not providing you what you have come to expect from the Marriott brand and more importantly our hotel. I certainly can understand the level of frustration and disappointment that you all felt while staying with us on a conference and we take your feedback very seriously and made the necessary adjustment and attention to detail so all our guests leave satisfied. While I cannot change what took place during your visit I would hope to have you back and feel free to contact me directly so I can make the necessary arrangements.

Again we thank you for taking the time and providing us the feedback and we all hope to welcome you back soon.

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for business purposes every 6-8 weeks for over 7 years. It is the entire staff and their positive attitudes that makes me return time and time again. This hotel is my "home away from home". I am greeted by my name by all staff everytime I arrive and each employee is committed to making my stay pleasent, comfortable, and productive. I travel alone and feel very safe at this hotel...that is my #1 priority...my safety!! I am treated like family at this hotel and they value their guests.
The new renovations to the lobby and bar are outstanding!! They are in the process of other renovations and it is a "work in progress", so be patient!! The best things in life are worth waiting for, and this hotel is certainly worth the wait!! I personally have never had a bad experience of ANY kind at this hotel. My room is always clean and fresh. The linens are crisp/clean at each visit and there have been plenty of towels with clean robes in the closet. I recommend this hotel to everyone, from friends to colleagues.
THANKS MARRIOTT-Boca Town Center

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I spent a week at this Marriott while traveling for business recently. I had stayed there once before, about two years ago. The quality of the hotel seems to be going down over time. The carpets in the hallway and the rooms themselves seem rather dingier than the last time I stayed there. The seem to have spent a lot of money renovating the lobby into an open bar and restaurant, but they would have been better served updating the rooms. Also, the new "business center" is two computer terminals basically in the middle of the bar and lounge area. Needless to say, this is useless to anyone needing to remotely log in to the office or work on anything remotely confidential.

The hotel is extremely convenient to the office buildings in the Boca Center, and there are several decent restaurants right outside, so if you need to be working in the area it's hard to imagine staying somewhere else, but I hope they spruce the place up a bit more before the next time I need to travel there for work.

Room Tip: If you are worried about noise, ask for a room that doesn't overlook the courtyard of restaurant...
1 Thank bandito912
czucker, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Value Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time and providing your feedback regarding your most recent stay. We certainly appreciate your comments and we are continuing to improve our hotel each and every year. Our lobby, restaurant, bar and sitting area are part of the Marriott standard that we needed to complete by this past January.

We hope to have you back in the near future when your plans bring you to the Boca Raton area and we appreciate your business and your loyalty to Marriott as well.

Mahwah, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Very nice hotel, excellent location off I-95 and SR-91, adjacent to the Boca Center and Town Center at Boca Raton. Rooms are a decent size, suites are very nice. Stayed here several times. The concierge lounge is nice too. Would definitely recommend. Hotel was built in 1987 and does show its age but it is still very nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Excellent restaurant on premise (Absinthe) and more close by.
Within walking distance to upscale ("Town Center") shopping mall.
Great for family stays as well as business meetings. Very nice conference rooms for events.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends