WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lymm
“Friendly and efficient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two weeks on and off with business. I had a lot of travelling to do but the staff were very helpful organising cabs and snoring baggage for me. It's also well located with a plethora of restaurants at the back and an enormous shopping centre 5 minutes walk away. All the amenities are typically Marriott standard although I only really sample the bar (a lot) and the breakfast.

It seems popular with all sorts of people, holidaymakers, conference crowd, weddings and us business folk.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Drunken_Max

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Czech first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Nice to see the lobby/restaurant finished very relaxing for a drink and appetizers. I haven't been at the hotel in a few months and still get inconsisent service at the front desk from the agent she rarely smiles and when I ask to be on a higher floor there was no availability as she said and I find that hard to believe.
The public areas need more attention the fitness center should have at least three containes of wipes at all times and the pool should have a attendant during season months instead of
having to dial 0 for service. The rooms are in need of renovation we ended up using our cell phone to call for extra items to bring to our room as they don't automatically leave at service and the phone line was crackling and we could barely hear the agent. Otherwise we love the location and the update to the internet is a plus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 35805John_D
czucker, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback on your recent stay. Consistency is something we always strive for and we take these surveys very seriously so we can get it right each time and every time for all our guests.

We do hope to have you back to show you your feedback makes a difference on how we can improve on delivering a higher level in both service and product standards.

Sincerely

Cathy Zucker
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The lobby and restaurant area have just been redone and they are beautiful. The staff were courteous, the pool was clean and the rooms were adequate.

Not many complaints here. We did have a basketball team staying on our floor and we could hear them through the wall (we had an adjoining room to them, but were not with them). We ran out of toilet paper and there wasn't a spare roll around, so that was a bother too.

And with the Boca weather, I wish the lobby had umbrellas to hand out to guests who didn't pack one!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the side with the view (one side looks over roofs and the parking lot). Ask to be pla...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed 2 nights for business and felt the room was very comfortable. Love waffle-weave robes but skip the starch next time :) I had some feedback on the room service salad (wasn't asking for a refund) but they removed from bill right away. Room has a mini fridge and nice coffee/tea set up. Internet connection worked fine and desk is laptop friendly. A bit far from I-95.

• Stayed January 2013
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Whenever I am in Boca I stay at the Marriott because of the location. With it being high season I understand the rates go up but you should cater to your guest that visit you through out the year and be willing to work with us. The staff is sincere and do their best to work with myself and my colleagues. I hope when planning my next trip to boca mid February I will be able to stay and enjoy the new great room and the friendly service instead of having to go to the Hilton that offers a more desired rate for my budget.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

The staff of this Marriott are absolutely amazing. I recently arrived for a 5 day stay on business and my 1st night became very ill and had to ask the staff to call an ambulance. They, of course did that, but also sent someone up to sit with me until they arrived so I wouldn't be alone. The next day it became apparent that I would be in the hospital for a while and I was concerned about the cost of the room since it was a business trip. I called the front desk to let them know what was going on and the staff immediately agreed to pack up my belongings and store them so I wouldn't be charged for the room, and one of tbe front desk staff even brought my purse to the hospital since i had taken almost nothing with me. Then to my delight, they even arranged for my rental car to be picked up so I wouldn't have those charges either. And to top all of that off, when I called them five days later to tell them I was being released and flying home, the guest relations manager came in from home to bring my suitcase to the hospital for me. I stay at this location a lot and the staff has always been great and super welcoming, but they went well above and beyond what was required of them during this visit, and I can't tell you how much their care and attention means to me. Thank you so much to the wonderful staff at this Marriott!!!! Christine O.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cmocre
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed at the Boca Marriott for a meeting and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is finishing a remodeling of its lobby and it looks very nice - open bar/restaurant area. The meeting rooms are well-appointed and nicely located on the main floor. My sleeping room was nothing fancy but was a good size with a sofa and nice desk in addition to a king bed (I thought the bed was just a bit soft, but then prefer a very firm mattress). The bathroom is small but does have a separate sink and closet area which is nice. It was very nice that the hotel is located next to Boca Center, a small shopping center with a mix of local and chain stores and a nice selection of dining options from Brio Tuscan Grill and Uncle Tai to Panera and a great little place called Salad Creations. Finally, the staff were all extremely friendly and accommodating. If you need to come to Boca Raton and don't need to be on the beach, I'd recommend this Marriott.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is in a pretty suburban location I'm not sure location makes much difference. O...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business