“Great stay for work or family”

Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Suffolk NY
“Great stay for work or family”
Reviewed April 13, 2008

we stayed at the Marroitt for 4 nights. My husband was sent out to Fl for work. Me and the kids came along. Had a great time at the Marroitt. the staff was GREAT.Quick tip the car service to the Airport is $68.00 one of the guys gave us a number to call for car service and it was much more then what the hotel was offering, stick with the Hotel. They also had a live band on Friday night, my 9 year old had a great time, she got to go up and sing and dance with the band. Great place to stay with or with out kids. Will deff go there again.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Czech first
New York City
Reviewed April 7, 2008

The lobby is nice. The pool is small. The rooms were also small for 2 adults. The beds very comfy. The room was adequately decorated. Housekeeping was poor.

• Liked — overall acceptable. Nothing worth noting as being "best"
  • Disliked — overall acceptable. Nothing worth noting as being "worst"
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
laurendavis
Reviewed March 24, 2008

We booked this hotel through priceline for $80/night for a wedding we attended in the area. The hotel was fantastic! When you walk in there is lemonade, iced tea, and water available. They also had peeps out in the afternoon and crumb cake in the morning. The location is in the town center and we walked to lunch and breakfast, which was great b/c the weather was horrible and it was so nice not to have to get back in the car. We ate at the hotel restaurant at their very nice outside area. The seating and decor was fantastic, but the food was nothing I'd do again. The room was spacious, clean with a very modern bathroom with bath & body products. They had a business center with free internet use and a fridge full of free bottled water. The pool area was fantastic. Lounge chairs and sofas as well as chairs to layout. There is also a bar at the pool. We were incredibly impressed with this hotel and for the price of $80/night, it was a steal. One more thing, there is a Starbucks right in the lobby.

• Liked — Great location, beautiful pool, refreshments available
  • Disliked — nothing, our stay was pretty much perfect
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laurendavis
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2008

We stayed a week for a meeting in the hotel at the end of January 2008. This is an old property but keep in relative good shape with partly upgraded washroom with new showerhead but tiny shower water! And lack of an exhaust fan...
Front desk were nice and friendly, outdoor swimming pool was nice for a sunbath and dip. We didn't use the gym, but looks Ok.
Wireless Internet access was complimentary. Our king size bed was comfortable. However, the house keeping was the worst part of this hotel, Kleenex never got refilled after running out, bed was not always made properly, missing towels or ripped towels, one day left with 0 toilet paper and 2 shafts lying on the toilet cover...
Over all, the service we received was not worth the price, and we don’t recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2008
Philadelphia
Reviewed February 5, 2008

I stayed here for one night on a business trip in February. Overall I was quite happy.

Check-in: Very quick and efficient. I had a late check-in as I was around the area on site visits but as soon as I walked in, the desk manager approached me and my colleagues and brought us over to the desk. No problems. Nice touch: I am a Silver Elite with Marriott which usually doesn;t get you a whole lot. But they included a $10 certificate to use in any of their restaurants. That covered my morning coffee and breakfast.

Room: Nothing ostentatious. The room was clean and the decor was fine. Nice touch: There was a small goody package on my bed with some hot chocolate, Bailey's Irish Creme and Hershey kissey.

Facilities: All I really had time for was a drink in the bar in the evening and breakfast at Jamocha's the coffee shop. The bar is nice, but has chairs that are strangely uncomfortable. Service was quick and friendly. I was quite please with Jamocha's. i walked in and didn't see that they had breakfast sandwiches or iced tea. So I asked and the lady offered to go have a sandwich made in the restaurant and made some iced tea for me. I didn't ask her to do that and certainly didn't expect it. Thank you. I was in a bit of a rush and didn't want to have to run to Starbucks to get breakfast.

All I would suggest are ashtrays outside of the restaurant. if you can't smoke in a bar, you will smoke outside and there should be a place to dump butts.

Neighborhood: Boca Raton. Pretty upscale. The hotel is behind Boca Raton Center, a large retail center. Lots of restaurants and bars in the center. Plenty of shops if you are there during the day. its a bit quieter at night. Its confusing getting to the hotel. The only way we found it was by looking up at the Marriott sign at the top of the hotel and following it.

Overall, the staff did a really nice job and I was pretty pleased. Sometimes all you can ask for after a long day of flying and meeting with clients is a relaxing evening. I was able to relax and get a good night's sleep. When I woke up, instead of rushing around, I got staff who were interested in helping me get my day started.

• Liked — Great staff service
  • Disliked — Price - a little bit high
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed February 2, 2008

My husband and I stayed here over the December holidays. The hotel facilities are very nice. The rooms are large, especially if you get (as we did) a king suite, and they are nicely furnished. The hotel has an on-site restaurant and bar, and is in walking distance to nearby restaurants. We enjoyed going to the hotel bar, which was low key and had good drinks (although I don't recommend the chile martini - insanely spicy). The hotel's location can't be beat, as it is close, both by foot and car, to basically everything in the city center. The hotel also has a fairly decent-sized gym (with lots of television sets) and an outdoor pool with bar.

I think my one real complaint is that, since we went over the holidays, the hotel was extremely busy. Because the pool and gym are fairly small, they could not really accommodate everyone. We could never use the pool, as it always filled up early in the morning and the people seemed to sit all day long (no available chairs).

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Pool and gym were too crowded, filled up too quickly
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed January 15, 2008

We have stayed at this hotel many times in the last year and a half and usually we don't have many problems. This time however there were some very annoying issues. The main problem was the noise from an adjoining room--this has happened to me once before and now it was my son and daughter in law who got stuck. Now I know absolutely to not allow them to give me a room with an adjoining door--you can hear every word that is said in the other room; very difficult to deal with when the person is on a conference call early in am and late in the pm. Other issues: loud music at the pool, mediocre service for breakfast, towels not replaced by the cleaning staff.

On the plus side, they now have wireless in the rooms, and the staff is very nice and friendly.

• Liked — location, atmosphere, breakfast
  • Disliked — noise from adjoining room
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family