“A true home away from home - a rare gem”

Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boca Raton, Florida
“A true home away from home - a rare gem”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My wife was asked to transfer to Boca Raton, and we quickly decided that we'd stay at this, our favorite hotel, while we conducted a search for a permanent place to live. We ended up staying at the hotel for FORTY-TWO days while we looked. You stay at a hotel for forty-two days, and you're going to see all the warts. Guess how many we saw? ZERO! Day after day, nothing but exemplary service, warm friendly greetings, superb food and a continuously spotless room. These people truly get it. From the moment we pulled up until the day we checked out, I can honestly say I've not had better treatment, even from supposedly 'five-star' hotels. There's too many individual names to mention here, but I've written to Marriott directly to let them know what a wonderful experience this has been.

Do yourself a favor - when you go to Boca, make this your home base. You won't be disappointed.

Dennis Ryall

1 Thank marine24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Czech first
Lewisville, NC
Reviewed May 18, 2012

For same price as the Renaissance in Boca, the Marriott was more upscale, cleaner and spiffier. Dest clerk was very helpful in getting a quiet room (softball teams in town!). Area around the hotel nice for outdoor lounging.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My mom and I stayed at this hotel for 12 days in April. This was our 6th year in a row. The staff is the same as it was 6 years ago. That in itself says a lot. I cannot say enough about how dedicated each staff member is to the guests. Angela C. in guest relations goes above and beyond her call of duty to ensure that each guest has what he/she needs to make their stay most enjoyable. Her smile and infectious laugh is a wonderful way to start your day! Barry and Don were also so accomodating to us. Robert and Tammy are truly amazing servers in the restaurant. Katherine on the Conceirge floor always greets you with a smile and is truly interested in what you have to say. She made visiting for snacks and desserts a true pleasure. The service that is given at this hotel is consistently 5 star all the way! The hotel is in a great location and close to the Towne Center Mall which has high-end stores if you love to shop like I do, especially for shoes! Once again, thank you for making our trip so wonderful~ We will see you next year!
JH

Room Tip: The Conceirge Floor is awesome!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Montreal
Reviewed May 5, 2012

OK, I'm jaded as I travel too often. I generally enjoy Marriott hotels, except that so many look as though they were built at the same time, in the same way, a while ago.
I was put up here for a night because it was convenient for the people I was working for in the Boca area. There was nothing particularly awful, but nothing memorable or great either.
Positives : The staff is friendly. You can walk out of the hotel and into the mall to shop or eat. And there is a *bucks very close by. Wireless is fast and free. Great selection of TV channels, especially if you like sports. AC worked well.
Negatives: There is a restaurant on the premises, but not open all day. Twice I tried to eat there (breakfaxt and lunch) but found out it was closed, between hours. The room looks old (carpet, funiture) and you are likely to look out onto a parking lot.
All in all, very average. I'd go back, but not by choice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
czucker, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time and providing a review from your recent stay with us! We certainly appreciate the feedback and we are preparing for a complete room renovation in the near future which will definitely be an added benefit to our already strong service culture and ensuring all our guests have a positive experience.

We all hope to have you back in the very near future when your plans bring you to the Boca Raton area again.

Sincerely

Cathy Zucker
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I wrote a review last Spring after holding our conference at the Boca Raton Marriott, so this is a follow up. I can tell you immediately that this hotel meets the highest standards that our organization requires. We asked for, and received, 5 star service across the board. I have been the conference organizer for the past five conferences and with one more planned for this Fall, we currently are in negotiations to extend our contract. From the lower end of the pay scale staff to the upper echelon of management, we received nothing but politeness, timeliness and efficiency. Another major plus in that most of the staff that were around when I signed the contract, back in 2008, are still there, something I, as a conference organizer appreciate as I am not having to deal with new staff every time, The staff and management are very loyal to each other and are an asset to the Marriott chain.

Room Tip: If you prefer more space ask for an Executive King
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Nice fitness center with ample equipment in good condition. (Free fruit!) Typical Marriott room and amenities. Wifi is a fee in the room but free in the lobby. Free parking. Walk to restaurants (many options and price points). Was hosting a high school prom the night I stayed.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed here just one night, but wish I could have stayed longer. The friendly staff was great. As an elite member, they put me on the concierge level floor. Complimentary bottled water was waiting for me in my room. Unfortunately, the concierge lounge was closed for a private event the morning of my stay, so the hotel gave me 2 vouchers to the buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant - which was very tasty.
Room and hotel seemed recently renovated. Spacious room with a nice view. All rooms have free wifi. Mini-fridge in room as well. The fitness center had plenty of brand new equipment for cardio, weights.
Parking is free. It's 5 miles from the hotel to the Boca Raton beaches. The hotel is adjacent to a large shopping center with many restaurant options.
Would definitely recommend!