“The Secret is Out”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Peoria, Arizona
“The Secret is Out”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Well apparently Boca's beat kept secret is out. Judging by the solid bookings at the Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center. The reality is that this is the best "bigger than boutique" hotel in the Boca area. The feeling of being treated like family and probably the best location in the area is getting the family and vacation crowd as well as the business travelers.
Having been a client there for over a dozen years we have been helped in all sorts of family and personal problems by a staff that places caring service at the head of their list.
Under the stewardship of Angela Caminiti and Cathy Zucker the service and general quality here is first class.
Need a venue for a party? Well, the Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center is "Party Central" for the Boca area.
We just had a Centenial Party for our father there and they helped us produce it at a reasonable budget for a first class event. They were involved in every area from menu to musicians and there help made this event a major success.
So, business or family event it's clear why so many weddings, bar-mitzvahs, business events etc. are being held at this wonderful venue.
If there's any advice I would give to prospective visitors it's MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS EARLY. This is an extremely popular hotel and they book up fast.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher room with a pool view. Call early for the best choices.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Czech first
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed February 10, 2012

2 night stay. service excellent but rooms dated, sort of new bathrooms but furniture 20 years old, so a mishmash of remodeling. Plus ac musty and elevators banged up. Great location to shops and food choices, plus Boca overall but this is not a vacation hotel or new Werstin like property.

Room Tip: High floor facing shops, not i-95
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Our sister office is in Boca Center but we left the Boca Marriott and our at another Marriott property due to the Racoons the abrupt and kirt service at the front desk and lack of detail. The housekeeping department needs a serious KICK as joyce said. The fitness center rarely has towels and wipes and ear pieces. I have in my profile to get the wall street journal and I find myself going to the front desk to retrieve a paper. Phones are so old that my last stay I just shut if off and used my cell to call downstairs for a wake up call and it rang over 12 times before the guy answered the phone. You are way Understaff and we expect service and quality from Marriott.

Room Tip: Read previous reviews before you book
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 27, 2012

The location is great close to the Town Center and my office but I must tell you their housekeeping department needs a serious KICK. For starters when I was waiting to check in I could not help but notice the coffee stains on the lobby floor. Check in was ok the Manager Emilia could dress more professional shirt was way too LOW. When I got on the elevator there were some gum wrappers and toothpicks on the floor. I was on the 11th floor paying 299.00 and this is what you get dirty corridors one wall light out and in front of my door a dirty breakfast tray and it was after 4pm. A woman was walking in front of me I assumed she worked there as she stop to speak with the housekeeper but did not take the time to pick up the tray. Usually I will forgive if my bed is presentable but a stained duvee no throw on the bed and the decorative pillow (round one) the zipper was broke. I pulled out the couch behind it was a newspaper clipping from January 3 2012 and a condom wrapper. Absolutely disguisting. There was only one wastebasket in the room and the phones are old you really need to invest in new ones. The room service menu is outdated I wanted to order Evian and they told me they haven't had it for close to two years. I was suppose to stay for 3 nights but after reviewing my arrival experience I only stayed one night and was able to get in the Reneissance for the remainder of my stay. The bald headed guy checked me out I did not have much interaction with him but he sure did not thank me for my business. Defintely will consider my next stay in February to book at the Reneissance.

Room Tip: I thought all hotels had people inspect the rooms before the guest arrive. Would you give Bill Marri...
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I booked my stay at the Boca Marriott based upon some great reveiws I read on trip advisor so I arrived with very high expectations. Unfortunately from the time I walked in the front door until I left my experience was horrific and know I'm going to tell you why. I'm the type of person that can tolerate alot but a dirty hotel and a total lack of concern on part of some other staff can even try my patience. Why is important for me to know what people ate at breakfast on the trays spread all over the guest floor at 3pm in the afternoon. In my guest room I did not understand why extra amenities meant having hair on the bathroom floor and candy wrappers and empty pepsi cans under my bed I also think it would benefit management if they would train their housekeepers to dust the rooms as some travelers do have allergies. When I talk about lack of concern why do I have to be awaken by screaming housekeepers at 8:45am. I was in the lobby waiting for my ride and when I went to sit on the chair their were crumbs from the previous guest. "YUKE" On a positive note the gentlemen that checked me in Dan was very nice and Angela who took my room service order was great
and the bellman big guy sorry didn't get his name was helpful.

Room Tip: For a full service Marriott they have no gift shop and their restaurant is closed for lunch.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
czucker, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time and filling out a review from your stay with us. We take these reviews extremely seriously and are always looking for feedback on how we can improve our product and guest services to meet and exceed your expectations each and every stay. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate Department Heads and we all will continue to follow up on taking care of the details and product upkeep that is so important to all our guests. Thank you also for recognizing some of our excellent staff members and they were thrilled to see their names mentioned and how they made a difference during your stay.

We would hope you provide us another opportunity to serve you again in the near future and I would like you to contact me personally so I can make all the necessary arrangements and to show you that your feedback makes a huge difference on how we strive to delivery in all aspects of the hotel and operations.

Sincerely

Cathy Zucker
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Yet another wonderful 12 days spent over the Christmas holiday at this property (our 22nd stay here) and it continues to be one of our favorite hotels nation-wide. The customer service is truly exemplary, from the bell captains to Barry at the front desk to Cathy Zucker; they couldn't be more attentive and responsive.

The rooms appear to have been renovated and our bed was was as comfortable as any I've been on. Great pool area w/food & drink service, an ample workout room, and an excellent restaurant with outdoor seating all add to the value. It just keeps getting better, so of course we'll just keep coming back. THANKS!

-Dennis Ryall

Room Tip: Concierge level is a great value.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marine24
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed January 9, 2012

The 11th floor is the best floor! Love that concierge in the morning for breakfast and evening for hors d'oeuvres. I've stayed at this hotel almost EVERY Christmas break with my family for the past 10 years. I've watched it develop into a beautiful hotel. This time, I came with friends, and we had such a great time. The staff is nothing but nice and helpful... ESPECIALLY the wonderful Cathy Zucker!! I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Boca!

Room Tip: stay on the 11th floor
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends