“Bad service and not a standard for a marriott” 2 of 5 bubbles

Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Montreal, Canada
“Bad service and not a standard for a marriott”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

On June 25th, we got transferred from residence inn pompano beach to this hotel for one night ( due to overbooking at residence inn) for two rooms. I have been traveling around the world (autralia, Europe, Asia,Canada etc) and never got the worst service. Maybe on that week, they had received too many customer that they can even handle. At the reception, I was greeted ok since I showed my platinum card. Then, I was offer a welcome package and I took water and Hagen daz ice cream. One hour later, my ice cream was bought in a bowl melted and not even hagen daz and the bottle of water was warm. I called the reception desk to let them know that it was melted, they told me that it is how it is and everything is closed and nothing could be done and hang up. I felt rude and not really helpful, especially I did not ask to go to that hotel. After ten hours of flight and exhausted, this is what I got. I went downstairs and sort out why I did not get and more polite answer. The guy at the reception told me: this is how it is and if you don't want it, just put in front of the room and someone will comer and take it back. I am wondering why they even offered something not eatable. I got mad because of his answer and even question myself if I was truly in a Marriott. After a few minutes when he saw me really mad and his manager just came around, he started to be more understandable.

This is a really nice hotel but the service was horrible.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
czucker, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Dear Value Marriott Rewards Guest,

First let me thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. It certainly is not a great way to end a long travel day and have to then relocate hotels unexpectedly.

I also want to apologize on failing to deliver a quality amenity that you as a Platinium member deserves and our team not responding with a sense of empathy and urgency to rectify this for you. On behalf of my entire Marriott Boca team we truly care about all our guests and this was not our usually high level of service we typical provide and especially to our Marriott loyal customers such as yourself. I hope you do give us another opportunity to make this up to you when your travels bring you back to the Boca Raton area and I would hope you contact me directly so I can personally make your reservations and apologize to you in person.

Cathy Zucker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Czech first
Placitas, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Our family stayed at the hotel to attend a funeral in the area. The location was perfect - close to the town center and restaurants. The rooms were great and the beds were so comfortable. We set up our reservation as a group (4 rooms for 2 & 3 nights), and Vanita Renner assisted me in making the reservation. Our family had nothing but positive comments about the Marriott. We appreciated how quiet it was in the hallways at night and in the morning.

My sister and I used the computer room off the lobby one night into the early morning hours of the next day. I don't know what we would have done without it. Also, my sister left her cell phone charger at the hotel, and her husband called the hotel the following week to inquire about it. One of the hotel employees searched the room and located it. What a nice surprise! The Marriott truly offers great service. If I have the opportunity to return to Boca Raton in the future, I will definitely look into staying at the Marriott again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

Having read and consulted Tripadvisor before booking this hotel I was amazed by the 'glowing' reports but having been here I wonder if the 20 latest reports have stayed in high quality hotels before! The staff are very good but so they should be, after all that's what we pay for. The hotel though is not the exceptional location that the latest Tripadvisor reports would have you believe. I asked for a quiet room but was woken at least 4 times during the 1st night. None of the bedroom doors fit properly and allow exceptional amounts of corridor noise to enter your room. The a/c units outside are noisy and the room mini bar fridges (which are empty) click constantly. Breakfast is ok but lacks the full spread you would expect and many items were dried out, croissants & bagels to name two. Overall it lacks atmosphere and attention to detail.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Bigboy1959
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

We stayed 3 nights at Marriott Boca Center. Beeing new in town, we asked for directions and services. The staff was always friendly, and they had printed cards with directions for nearby places (in lieu of or own GPS).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

The Marrriott at Boca Center is a unique mix of business efficient with a friendly, personal touch. The manager has gone out of her way to hire and train an exceptional staff which you feel in every aspect during your stay. This property stands out amongst the competition in the area!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

We've been staying at this property for many years on an annual basis. The hotel staff and management have always made our visits a pleasure. This is most certainly true of our most recent stays in early and mid June of this year.

Sincerely yours,

Harvey Brumberger

Reisterstown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

No need to look any place else to stay while in the Boca area. Clean, comfortable, great location, all amenities top of the line. All staff members are extremely accomdating and can't assist your needs fast enough. As I travel frequently; this is the best of the Marriott's I have experienced. Visit and enjoy.