“Great Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Senor Burrito
Ranked #141 of 802 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gainesville, Florida
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I ate here one day for lunch and was impressed. They serve some great authentic burritos and their salsa is unique. The young lady that served us was very helpful in helping us order and kept refills on point. Delicious little burrito shack.

• Visited September 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible waitress!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I went to enjoy a nice dinner with my husband and when I asked the waitress to please bring me new chips she went and started talking about us to the one of the cooks in spanish, my husband is spanidh and understood everything.When I confronted her and told her to forget it she felt embarrassed but never offered an apology, never went back after that

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
NY
“Fresh, fresh, fresh!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Don't be fooled by outward appearances. This place looks like nothing special at all. It is in a strip mall, it is small, and it looks very plain. However, the food is delicious. It is super fresh and flavorful. Lines can pour out onto the sidewalk for lunch at times. Try the various salads - they hit the spot on a hot Florida day.

• Visited May 2013
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
“quick stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

this is a small but very good Mexican restaurant located in East Boca off Federal hwy. Great food, great price, and great service; what you would expect for an eatery that survived the recession and boca competition.

Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“Great chicken fajitas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We visited this restaurant last week on a Florida trip. Selected it from TripAdvisor reviews for Mexican food in the Boca area.

Right off Federal Highway in Boca Raton, it is in a small shopping strip. Very small with limited seating, it is very dark. In fact, the lighting was so dim I could not get a good iPhone photo of the food, which was disappointing as it was so cute in the presentation! There are just a few tables and not much decor. A few nice photos on the walls, not much else. Our initial impression was to be a bit leery. Was this going to be a dive?

Waitresses were efficient but remote. Chips put down on table, are you ready to order, gone! On the other hand, they got everything correct, so no complaints there.

We had good chips and salsa served free upon seating. The salsa was not spicy and hot so I was happy. We both ordered chicken fajitas, one plain, and one "loaded" for $2 extra. The menu does not explain that but the waitresses do if asked.

The platters arrived with sizzles and steam. My loaded extras came in individual tiny cups that were inserted into a cute wooden tray with circular openings for each cup. (That was the photo i wanted to take!) There was sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, cheeses, salsa and an onion, tomato, spice relish. Very good! The dish itself was loaded with beautifully cooked chicken strips, lots and lots if sauté onions and peppers. There was a paper-wrapped package of fajita wrappers with four small disks of fajita. More than ample.

Amazingly reasonable prices for all this food, especially for us coming down from expensive New York! Our dishes would easily cost $20,each here. For $11.75 for the plain chicken which came with sour cream, and my loaded for only $2.00 extra we got quite a bargain!

By the way, behind us was a family seated with four children. I overheard the little boy say: "Mom, I don't like this food... I LOVE IT! "

How cute was that? A future Trip Advisor reviewer!

• Visited July 2013