We were here for a college visit to FAU so the location was perfect. It was on the recommended list from the university and I liked that free breakfast was offered.
- beautiful plantings around the hotel and in the center atrium.
- clean sheets, comfortable beds and pillows (which can be hard to find in a low cost hotel).
- location was central to a lot in the area.
- friendly reception on check in (at 10:45pm).
- quiet and cold AC in the room.
- Great make your own waffles in the free breakfast and lots of cereal choices. My husband said his coffee was good.
- free wifi in the room that while a little slow, did work fine.
The not so good:
- old, worn down room with peeling paint (including the surface of the tub).
- confusing room map, took us a little extra effort to find our room.
- closest gate to our room didn't work with our key so had to walk a little further to find another way in.
- Leaking ceiling in the breakfast room - 5 buckets catching the dripping water.
- the "breakfast omelets" were pre-made, pre-frozen (you could taste it) and just scrambled eggs folded over cheese. Flavorless.
So, this place was average. Not bad, but not great. If my son chooses FAU, we'll look for another place to stay on future visits.More
- Free Wifi