All reviewsdressing areabreakfast roompool and hot tubmake your own waffleswould stay here againfederal highwayfree breakfastcomfortable bedsdelray beachpool areaquiet roomfresh fruitvery nice hotelsouth floridabwmotelboca
Reviewed October 15, 2017

The room was nice and spacious. The breakfast was good and plentiful; and fresh fruit in ample supply. Pool and hot tube were clean. Nice open patio with cover for the seating in the center of the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bw_boca_gm, Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear Mikenyc,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Best Western Plus University Inn, we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit and was able to experience our wide variety of breakfast options! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Boca!
Michelle LIza

Reviewed October 5, 2017

Stayed here for work. My room was old and smelly. The pillows were all super puffy and gave me neck pain the following morning. Hard to get a good nights sleep. That described my room, but our second room was worse. Toe nail shavings were all over the carpet around the floor. Unimaginable. Disgusting, never again.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Christian R
bw_boca_gm, Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Dear Christian R.,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay, we appreciate all feedback as it helps us to constantly improve and provide our guests with the best hospitality and service possible. With this in mind please accept our apology and please feel free to reach out to me at any time and provide more details as we could not locate your reservation and we would like to have opportunity to address the issues you noted as this is not typical of a guest stay. Once again thank you and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back and turn your experience around.
Michelle Liza

Reviewed September 27, 2017

Good hotel, decent parking, near restaurants and stores, quiet efficient AC, clean, good breakfast,quiet room,comfortable bed,good water pressure,numerous power outlets, good internet and tv channels.
The only thing that annoyed me was an incident that happened the day I left.
The night before checking out I called the front desk to ask if I could leave at 1 pm instead of 11 since my flight was much later and it would be a long travel day. I asked if they would be very busy that day and if not I would really appreciate it if they could accommodate me.The lady said that I could not stay until 1 but 12:30 was ok.
Don't know her name(friendly employee with long blond hair).
Fine ,next day at 12:10 I get a call from the front desk saying "I assume that you are staying another day" I told her that I was packing and would leave in a few minutes. I mentioned that the other lady had said 12:30 was fine.
She got angry and raised her voice saying NO,LATE CHECKOUT TIME IS 12 .I told her again calmly that the other employee had said 12:30 and that I was almost ready to go. again she repeated even more loudly and angrily LATE CHECKOUT TIME IS 12. I left right away and repeated to her what I was told the previous evening. I couldn't believe that she was basically calling me a liar.
After my first night at the hotel I even went to the front desk to tell them that I loved the place. The only thing was that the pillows were very soft . They didn't have any other type so i went and bought one since I know that it's a small thing and they can't please everyone. I also told them that they didn't have to clean the room or bring extra towels , I cleaned it myself.
It's too bad that after a great stay one employee had to spoil my image of the hotel. Certain people shouldn't work
in the hospitality industry. They should get a job where they work alone in a closed room somewhere.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed September 13, 2017

I stayed at this hotel for an extended time while overseeing renovations on a property in Boca Raton. The location is very convenient for getting to the beach and restaurants, City Hall, etc.,and it is only about five minutes from 1-95. The room itself was your regular Best Western Plus room with two queen beds, fridge, microwave, table for dining or working, and an inroom safe for storing your valuables. One nice thing is that they have a water softener so you aren't showering in the hard water that plagues parts of Boca. Front desk staff was always very courteous and responsive. The breakfast buffet was always well-stocked. They have a self-service laundry room that always had machines available and was kept clean. I deducted one star because the housekeeping was very spotty and seemed disorganized throughout my stay. But overall this is an excellent choice for staying in East Boca at this price point.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor away from the elevator and vending machines.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2017

It's easy to be good in a good time! Try during Hurricane Irma! The room was spacious and comfortable for our almost three day stay. The front desk, manager and the rest of the staff did everything possible for the nervous people, some elderly, stranded away from home with a threat of category 5 Hurricane. Many worked overnight and even had a small battery powered lights when the electricity went out! Generator provided some electricity and staff even used it to make people comfortable and even used it to make a tea for an elderly guest. There was no uber or a taxi to take us home when it was cleared by police and we could not find the three-mile-ride back. We were thrilled when the Manager turned out to be a good Samaritan and took us home in the Hotel's airport shuttle. That was not the call of duty but the call of human compassion and help. The care and kindness of the staff made our stay tolerable even in the very bad time!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nadrod

Dear Nadrod,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our Best Western, we are beyond delighted we were not only able to accommodate you with a guest room but provide shelter from hurricane Irma and were able to help you feel safe during the storm. I agree it was a trying event for all of us in South Florida but it was our pleasure to be able to be of assistance and provide some comfort at this time. I will be sure to relay your wonderful comments to the staff who will be so excited to hear your appreciation of them! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Michelle Liza