“Excellent tour, will definitely go again”

Savor Our City Culinary Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Led by founder Denise Righetti and her team of knowledgeable foodies & wine enthusiasts - Savor Our City™ Culinary Tours & Experiences offers an exciting way for groups of foodie friends, family or co-workers to really get a taste of a city while strolling through various districts and learning about the history and fun facts along the route. We currently offer private group tours & experiences (food tours, cooking classes, mixology classes, wine tastings, craft beer tastings & scavenger hunts in South & Central FL (Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Palm Beach, Orlando and in New England (Boston, Portland & Bar Harbor, ME). Our private tours are great for company outings, team building or client appreciation events.
Reviewed December 10, 2015

This was the fourth private tour that our company has taken with Denise this year. This time the group was an international crowd and really enjoyed it. Denise is very knowledgeable of the area and took us to some great places, some, that although I personally have lived in the area for a number of years have never tried before. The restaurant representatives were all very friendly and welcoming and Denise obviously has a wonderful rapport with them. I will definitely be booking more tours, it makes a great teambuilding event and you get to eat wonderful food along the way!

Denise R, Founder/Chief Foodie Officer at Savor Our City Culinary Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2016

Thank you very much Lisa for your kind review. It has been a pleasure working with you and all of your Associates in your company. Looking forward to hosting several more with you in the years to come.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"boca"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed June 9, 2015

Attended the Savor Our City in Delray Beach. It was an excellent tour provided by Denise our tour guide. We enjoyed learning a little about the history of Delray and then the different restaurants we visited for tastes of thier cuisine. We were lucky that the restaurants we visited on the tour were not restaurants we had eaten in already. I recommend if you are visiting Delray, that you try and do this tour early when you arrive so you can go back to your favorite restaurants while in town. Denise did a great job and it was fun meeting others in the group.

1  Thank ScottScribner
Reviewed June 3, 2015

On Monday June 1 2015, was my first tour with Denise on her private tour for CSL Plasma. She had great "ice breaker" conversation starters with having us write our name and favorite type of food and drink on a sticker. THIS was a GENIUS idea it was great to see who had what and it made talking to others so EASY!. We first visited City Oyster, they were all so friendly but not only that you get to a plate of kale salad, coconut shrimp and clam linguine. Next stop only was right next door to the Buddha Sky Bar. I have always walked past this restaurant just never walked in.. And it was BEAUTIFUL it was a place that I would go to on a "first date" type of night. The hospitality here was INCREDIBLE so sweet, fun, and always smiling. The server we had was Pat she was so nice. They already had their edamame with truffle oil and sea salt on the table, then came out with sake for us to try. This was my first time trying sake (I don't think ill be having it again) haha. But next was their Pineapple Fried Rice I RECOMMEND IT, so amazing,. Finally the Fire Roll, it looked so fishy I don't normally try sushi with raw fish on the top, however this time I did, and I didn’t taste the fishy taste at all. it was PERFECT. After that there was Janet she is the Maitre D she gave us a tour of Buddha Sky Bar I NEVER KNEW how much more was at the restaurant.
Now we were off to The Original Popcorn House this is the cutest little red house. We were all so lucky because normally they are closed on Monday but opened just for our tour. Denise made this stop to show us the "behind the scene" of how the popcorn was being made, and to do a popcorn and wine pairing. I know popcorn and wine?!?! BUT it worked we tried white, red, and sparkling wine with a specific type of popcorn flavor that paired well with the wine. Denise knew exactly what she was talking about on each specific wine. HONESTLY AN AMAZING EXPEREINCE!! We then had a quick stop at The Colony Hotel and Denise told us about the history of Delray Beach, and how this is the only hotel that still has a man working the elevators. Continuing on we ended up at 50 Ocean they served us the Sea Devils & Prosecco. We left and walked to Pizza Rustica, trying their S'Mores Pizza was to die for!!! It was a Perfect Dessert for the end of this tour.
This was my first tour and definitely WON'T be my last. Denise through out the whole tour connected with every one, and always had fun and interesting facts!
I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a fun time, loves food, and wants to learn about the town. :)

3  Thank haleyh123
Reviewed April 22, 2015 via mobile

Booked this private culinary tour in Delray Beach for an International group in town for business. It was a lot of fun and the food was wonderful. Denise was great and very knowledgeable about the city and all of the stops on the tour. Will definitely recommend Denise and her tours to other colleagues in Boca.

1  Thank mbeekerp

Thank you very much for your kind review. It was a delight having you and your colleagues on our tour. Look forward to having you back with us again this year.