“just OK”
Review of Chops Lobster Bar

Chops Lobster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chops Lobster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 885 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Chops Lobster Bar in Royal Palm Place is a true destination, offering Boca Raton’s best quality USDA Prime meats and a wide selection of pristine seafood. It boasts two levels: Chops, a luxe steakhouse setting, and Lobster Bar, a chic seafood bar with mosaic tile and extensive raw bar. The hip bar features live music and an extensive, award-winning wine list.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

A popular dining and drinking spot in Boca Raton, but the question is: why? The service is good, the drinks are ok, the food is less than great. The mac and cheese with lobster lacked lobster until we pointed it out to the waiter, who came back with a fresh plate with some small pieces in it. The clams casino were dry, the hamburger was juicy. The service was pleasant enough, the crowd was older, the music annoying. Not going back again at those prices.

2  Thank MaidaValeMaiden

Reviewed June 10, 2013

By far the best happy hour, both food selection and drinks. Appetizers generous, martinis great and the ambiance in bar is very comfortable. The service is timely and attentive. Prices are very reasonable for an upscale restaurant.

1  Thank slh1053
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Surely this can't be the same restaurant receiving rave reviews??? Out for an evening celebration hoping for a fine dining experience. Definately NO chef working the night I was there!!! I was horrified! Both food and service were horrible! Had a different waiter come to my table each time, none of which even introduced themselves. For a starter I had the beef ravioli... so tough and doughy I could hardly chew it. Either if was frozen for weeks of half raw ... My entree, a petite filet and lobster tail was just as bad. Tail was fried, tough, dry and tasteless! Obviously frozen for a long, LONG time. Steak was nothing fabulous, served on a raw, blanched potato. No seasoning, no sauce.. nothing! Had to send back the potato and lobster... which was replaced with ones just as bad. They need to fresh foods, hire a chef, and train their wait staff. Beyond dissapointed. I was so upset I could not even believe it! I will never go back.

3  Thank CynthaNaples
Reviewed June 1, 2013

First off I agree with a previous reviewer, dress well when you visit this place. But then I always do. A class act? Yes, and so is this restaurant. The service was top level. Attentive, but not over bearing. The ambience was spot on. My partner at first thought that the lighting was too low, but I had to disagree. It helped make it feel special, and yes, romantic if that's your mood. But it is not intimately small, rather large for perfect. All the food was excellent and we both had the surf and turf for main course. - Fried lobster tails with 8oz fillet mignon. The lobster was gorgeous, but the fillet was sensational. Done rare, as we asked, it was mouth watering, palate pleasing, melt on the tongue tender with taste that just made you disappointed that you had eaten the last mouthful. And the banana cream pie for dessert? Well, I have never had such a super finish as this. Done with real flair and panache.
So why only four stars? My partner is something of an expert on key lime pie and she was disappointed with this one. The crumb base was too thick and it needed more limes. Considering the pies heritage is in Florida, that rules out perfection for which you get 5 stars. However, do go. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This restaurant is a class act. Please be sure to dress well if you go here.

I went about 6ish on a Friday night, and was there during their 4-8 happy hour. They have fried baby lobster tail on the happy hour menu that was delicious! It came with butter, lemon, and some type of cream sauce that was really tasty! A must try! The bar was pretty full with people in ages of 30-40ish on average dressed well.

In addition, I had a Cesar salad which they put the anchovies on top for you, but I told them they could hold them back. The salad was okay to me.

The lobster bisque soup was interesting as you can order it with or without lobster. Who wants it without? So I ordered it with and they come and put the lobster in the bowl right in front of you and then pour the bisque on top. It was verrrry good but I like my soup hot and it was not, it was warm. It was nice and thick though!

Around 7 a band came on with a trombone player and singer. They were PHENOMENAL. They also don't stand in one place as they move around the room. Not too loud, not too soft, good quality sound. Songs varied but definitely old schhol They have a band Wed through Sunday apparently but I am not sure if it is always the same band.

Service was on point. Refills were on the table before empty and oh, they give you all types of hot bread including raisin! When I asked where was the restroom, I was walked to it.

I must say this is a definite must go back to. My only recommendations are soup should be hotter and beef up the ceasar salad a bit. Not enough to take a star off though- yet. If it happens again, then I will.

Parking is a bear, by the way. If you choose to valet the restaurant will validate at the table for you so you don't have to pay to park.

I can not speak to the cost as I was fortunate to not have to pick up the check, but I will say guys--you need to be taking your quality dates here for sure!!! It was excellent, excellent, excellent!!!