“Great place for men to take a quality date!”
Review of Chops Lobster Bar

Chops Lobster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chops Lobster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 880 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Chops Lobster Bar in Royal Palm Place is a true destination, offering Boca Raton’s best quality USDA Prime meats and a wide selection of pristine seafood. It boasts two levels: Chops, a luxe steakhouse setting, and Lobster Bar, a chic seafood bar with mosaic tile and extensive raw bar. The hip bar features live music and an extensive, award-winning wine list.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This restaurant is a class act. Please be sure to dress well if you go here.

I went about 6ish on a Friday night, and was there during their 4-8 happy hour. They have fried baby lobster tail on the happy hour menu that was delicious! It came with butter, lemon, and some type of cream sauce that was really tasty! A must try! The bar was pretty full with people in ages of 30-40ish on average dressed well.

In addition, I had a Cesar salad which they put the anchovies on top for you, but I told them they could hold them back. The salad was okay to me.

The lobster bisque soup was interesting as you can order it with or without lobster. Who wants it without? So I ordered it with and they come and put the lobster in the bowl right in front of you and then pour the bisque on top. It was verrrry good but I like my soup hot and it was not, it was warm. It was nice and thick though!

Around 7 a band came on with a trombone player and singer. They were PHENOMENAL. They also don't stand in one place as they move around the room. Not too loud, not too soft, good quality sound. Songs varied but definitely old schhol They have a band Wed through Sunday apparently but I am not sure if it is always the same band.

Service was on point. Refills were on the table before empty and oh, they give you all types of hot bread including raisin! When I asked where was the restroom, I was walked to it.

I must say this is a definite must go back to. My only recommendations are soup should be hotter and beef up the ceasar salad a bit. Not enough to take a star off though- yet. If it happens again, then I will.

Parking is a bear, by the way. If you choose to valet the restaurant will validate at the table for you so you don't have to pay to park.

I can not speak to the cost as I was fortunate to not have to pick up the check, but I will say guys--you need to be taking your quality dates here for sure!!! It was excellent, excellent, excellent!!!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Upscale, authentic steakhouse. Can't go wrong with beautiful decor, excellent service and gourmet food to match. They know their steaks.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Chops is a great place to dine with family and friends. The food and service has always been terrific. There is a nice variety of fish and meat items on the menu. Very expansive wine list.
Gets crowded on weekends, so be prepared to wait for a little while. Just have a drink at the bar and relax!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was a special occasion & Chop's lived up to its reputation and history for us. From the greeting by Robert at the desk, this is one of the best top shelf restaurants anywhere..I mean anywhere. Mimi has been there from the beginning. The service by our waiter Michael was traditional 6 star warm, friendly professional service and the assistants backed him up so he had the time to be this way. This is old time outstanding service. The food beyond excellent. We started with JUMBO shrimp cocktail. The reason I emphasize jumbo is that the shrimp were actual jumbo size with freshness and flavor. We both had the house specialty chopped salad which is one of the best served anywhere. My wife had the twin filet which was tender with great flavor. I had the meat special: lamb chops...outstanding. The sides were hot and fresh. We finished with the banana cream pie...excellent excellent excellent...maximum ratings. Chops must be the Crown Jewel in the Buckhead Group's collection of great restaurants.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The $49 menu had numerous appetizer, entree and dessert options. Compared to other tables that were ordering al a carte, we were slightly rushed by the staff. Overall, though, we felt it was great value for the food and atmosphere.

1  Thank natalieker