“Disappointed”
Review of Chops Lobster Bar

Chops Lobster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chops Lobster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 814 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Chops Lobster Bar in Royal Palm Place is a true destination, offering Boca Raton’s best quality USDA Prime meats and a wide selection of pristine seafood. It boasts two levels: Chops, a luxe steakhouse setting, and Lobster Bar, a chic seafood bar with mosaic tile and extensive raw bar. The hip bar features live music and an extensive, award-winning wine list.
Merrick, NY
“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 8, 2008

My husband and I ate at Chops in March . The service was good, but the food was awful. The lobster bisque was so salty it burned my mouth. The same was true of the steak - it was cooked the way I asked, but it had no flavor except salt. We come from New York and have eaten at Peter Luger, Ruth's Chris, Morton's and Frank's, so we know a good steak. Chops was a big, and expensive, disappointment.

1 Thank IGAK

Boca Raton
“A good steakhouse in Boca Raton among several”
Reviewed March 2, 2008

At its opening last year, my brother in law took us to Chops based on my expereince with the restaurant in Atlanta.
The food has always been good at Chops but so have my experiences been good at Morton's.
Chops is a pricey "In place" in Boca Raton and is very noisy.
We ate on an offnight and the three of us were seated at a very large table in the middle of the restaurant.
Since our dining experience at Chops in 2007 I have frequented Morton's more often.

1 Thank Lothar H
Boca Raton, Florida
“First-rate!”
Reviewed February 27, 2008

Yes, the restaurant is rather costly, but the food is of the very highest quality. The crabcake was perfectly done, really meaty, extremely generous, and superbly seasoned. The french fries are the best I've tasted south of Gotham--FIRM and delicious. The steamed lobster was perfection. The blue cheese dressing on the lettuce was vintage "steak house." Service was "very good," although it took longer than I liked to catch my server's eye for our check.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“worst mojito I've ever been served!”
Reviewed January 14, 2008

worst mojito I've ever been served!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The food, service, menu...”
Reviewed January 7, 2008

The food, service, menu, decor, and atmostphere are simple amazing!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook