“Whole Fish experience great”
Review of Taverna Kyma

Taverna Kyma
Reserve with OpenTable
Taverna Kyma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 863 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Forsyth Street
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We went there last night with friends before attending the Wick theater. We all enjoyed our dinners. The Greek salad was fresh and wonderful and they obliged with extra tomatoes and onions. I ordered the whole Bronzini fish, eyes and all... and the fish was moist and delicious. The waitress who was wonderful, offered to filet it, but to me, the most delectable is an intact whole fish. Served with a really good rice and great spinach. A friend had the lamb shank dinner which covered the whole plate. She took home most of it. There was potato soup, said to be very good. The dessert I had was rice pudding and it was sweet, and full of cinnamon. Great dinner all around. Too early for the dancing, but we decided to come back again for that.

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We went mid-week and it was certainly quieter than on a weekend (belly dancers perform on the weekend only)
Food was very good but service was a bit spotty. The Greek salad ordered by the other couple was served several minutes before our Calamari was served. Several of us had whole fish with differing styles, the waitress offered to filet it which in retrospect I should have accepted. My wife had a shrimp kabob which was actually better.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I've been to Greece twice, and this was better food than I had there. While you are ordering they bring a big tub of humus and grilled pita pieces. The salad was good and the kabobs were outstanding, as were the rice and vegetables. Next time I go to spring training I will go out of my way to eat there. Lots of food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was our second time at Taverna Kyma. The food was excellent - - grilled octopus and grilled calamari were outstanding! Service was friendly and efficient - - just what you would expect from a busy family restaurant. Things quieted down at the end of our meal and the server had time to chat. Turns out she had spent time in our hometown!

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten at this restaurant a number of times. I've never had anything negative to say. However, yesterday I went with a party if. 8 people. While the food was tasty, perfectly prepared, and the prices reasonable, the service was absolutely the worst. The wait staff was inattentive, non responsive to our requests, and simply deficient in their duties. I will go back again . However, if the service is the same as last night, it will be my last time. There are a number of equally good Greek restaurants near by.