“Mother's Day 2017...highly recommended”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 901 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N.E. 2nd Street
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to Ruth's Chris Steak House located in Boca Raton, Florida!
Reviewed May 15, 2017 via mobile

Since my wife and I found ourselves away from home and family, we decided to eat out. We normally stay away from restaurants on holidays because things seem to go awry when the eatery books (and often overbooks) too many diners. But we were pleasantly surprised.
This was our first time at this restaurant and it was exactly what a special occasion should be. We were precisely on time for our reservation and were immediately seated at a table in a corner by a window.
Our waiter John was amiable and attentive. He answered our questions and studiously wrote down our orders and explained how the dishes were prepared and cooked. He took the time to read back our selections for accuracy.
He left for 2 minutes and returned to say our order was entered and to take our wine order.
Our appetizers were promptly delivered and he brought our wine. The appetizers of a chop salad and mozzarella and kumato tomatoes with balsamic vinegar were delicious. We followed that with two USDA Prime 55 oz. T-bones steaks, garlic mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. The beef was perfectly cooked and seasoned. Cheesecake dessert was also wonderful. The portion sizes of all the dishes were more than ample.
We had an unhurried meal and enjoyed every minute of the two hours we spent at table.
The service by John and the servers added to our great experience.
The food and wine was $250 and we left a well-deserved $50 tip. Although $300 seems high, I believe we received excellent value for our money. It's not a frequent go-to place, but for a very special day it was a special meal.
Just before we left rhe manager presented my wife with a single long stem white rose.
Note, too, the restaurant provides free valet parking.
I would definitely recommend Ruth's Chris, if you're able to splurge.

Reviewed May 15, 2017

Ruth's Chris Steak House in Boca Raton did not disappoint me. The wines were very good, the appetizers exceeded my expectations. The entree's were good. Sides were even better (we ordered quite a few). Good experience overall.

Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

Love this place. The shrimp appetizer is delicious. Steaks are always cooked to perfection. The bread..... ohhhh the bread will make u melt. It's always fresh and warm. I will come here for the bread alone! everyone is always pleasant and the restaurant is nice and clean.

Reviewed May 3, 2017

We've been going to Ruth's Chris for special occasions for a long time. Their filet mignons are exceptional. Our last visit about a year ago was disappointing; the filets were not up to par - certainly not for the high price. We decided to give them one more try on 4/29/17; and we're glad we did. My husband's filet was phenomenal - tender, juicy and tasty. I ordered the lamb chops - 3 large ones. They were a bit chewy but delicious. The harvest salad was excellent; and they changed the lyonnaise potatoes for the better. Since it was my birthday, they provided free dessert for both of us. It was similar to an apple turnover which was served warm with cinnamon and a scoop of vanilla ice cream - also very good. The only criticism is they had in a private room right off the dining area a wedding reception, with music so loud, we couldn't speak to each other in a normal conversational tone. We finally had to ask to be moved, and the staff was very polite and accommodating. We understand that restaurants are in the business to make money and catering to large parties is their choice. But it ruined our dining experience. Besides the food, we were attracted to their quiet dining atmosphere. If we go back, I guess we'll need to request a table on the opposite end of that private room.

Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

Went there for a seminar. Had filet & shrimp. Wonderful meal nice room for small group. Staff attentive and polite. Well done