“Unfortunate "reception"”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Just having moved to Delray Beach, I dined here on my second night in town. I enjoy patronizing places which are not national chains. I ordered a house salad, which was just that, nothing special. In addition, I ordered a small pizza on wheat crust with sausage, mushroom and black olive. It was very good. The crust was nice. The sausage was okay, not very tasteful. Mostly I could taste the black olives.

So that is the good part of this review. The bad part was purely the young lady who was taking orders at the counter and answering the phone. When I first arrived at the restaurant I noticed she was sitting up at the front counter eating what looked to be pizza; okay fine, she works at a pizza joint. But what totally turned me off was when she hung up on a caller/customer because the person could not understand her asking what their name was. She repeated about 3 times something to the effect, "what is your name?" When they didn't respond appropriately she hung up the phone, disgusted.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have loved this place forever until recently. I think owners changed. I used them to cater a big engagement party a few weeks ago & the food was terrible. The eggplant parm came hard & cold as was most if the food. The wings were fried & mushy..they offered to make it up to me w a free dinner. Wasn't good enough after spending 800$!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Renzos has the best service and the best Italian food around. I have been to many Italian restaurants but this is by far the best one. The pizza and the entrees are of amazing quality and at a great price. Renzos grandson took over in December and has just done a wonderful job. The recipes are original and the taste is of high quality. I would recommend this place to anyone. I don't no what servers the previous comments have had and what pizza guys but frank is incredible and I wouldn't go anywhere else. My friends and I dine here at least two to three times a week. Thanks Renzos!!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We went here last night for dinner. First off the service was terrible. Our waiter on the patio snapped at us when we would ask for something. Very sarcastic and rude. The food was some of my least favorite Italian. Spaghetti and meatballs came with a tasteless red tomato sauce that tasted like it was straight out of a Hunts tomato sauce can. Meatballs were large, but cold. Caesar salad was soaked in so much dressing that the lettuce had all wilted. Some in our party ordered pizza. They only ate one slice. I will not return here in the future. Better food at maggianos.....

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Service was a bit disappointing. Had to ask for bread. Had to ask for water. Food was just so-so. Nothing really sensational. Wanted cappuccinos. They served some. Then they ran out of milk. The only great part of the evening was that they let us sit at the table for a long time. They were pretty empty so they didn't chase us. I doubt very much if we will ever return.