“Star of the Show”

Josephine's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Josephine's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #239 of 880 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1/4 mile north of Yamato Rd
Reviewed July 24, 2012

If you could equivocate Italian dining to a multi-membered cast of a great Broadway production than Josephine's Italian Restaurant would indeed be the "star of the show". A recent Friday evening dining experienced convinced me. We were met at the door by Josephine, owner, acting as maitre'd. After checking our reservation, she seated us and in an instant signaled one of her excellent waitstaff to swing into action. Perusing a (prix fixe menu offered at $27.95) did not take long however, there were 12 entrees. We considered ordering from the ala carte menu but felt that the dinner menu was a nice way to acqquaint ourselves with this establisment. The meal, presented in 3 courses, was uncomplicated yet very original. Our appetizers (1st course), consisted of Lump Crab Cake and Mussels Provencal. Both were expertly prepared and very tasty. We chose Veal San Remo, and the Salmon al Griglia. Two wise choices and again delicious. We ordered two glasses of Pinot Grigio earlier and ordered two more about half-way through the meal. Lastly, we had tiramisu and coffee. Be forewarned our dessert was what was proffered that day and the coffee is American coffeee. It too made for a perfect dining occasion. I neglected to mention that there was a marvelous singer that evening and she also works on Monday nights. Entertainment on a Monday night is non-existent in South Florida. We finished our meal with some Amoretto at the 10 seat bar. Our bartender, Rafael chatted with us but we were all listening to the female singer. This place has so much going for it. Let me enumerate, an extremely capable donna de casa, a kitchen that has one of the better chefs anywhere, a well trained and efficient waitstaff, solid entertainment, lovely decor and ambiance and smiles everywhere. When or where have you had an evening like that recently. I am willing to gamble it was at this Josephine's Restaurant in Boca Raton. The owner and barman alike said reservations are almost always a necessity. They will attempt to accomodate a walk-in. Dress should be appropriate for an upscale facility.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This was my second time at Josephine's. They have an amazing menu. The ambiance is great. The staff is professional and curtious, but most of all the food is to die for. I will visit this restaurant every time I visit Florida! Visit this great little Italian restaurant. You won't be disapointed.

1  Thank mcrocque
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This is the best place to eat authentic Italian food in all of Boca Raton. I come in here 2 to 3 times a week and its always a great time. Mondays Thursdays and Fridays they have music and dancing. I love attending this Boca charm the atmosphere is like no other. The bar tender Raphael always has a joke to tell and a big smile. The hostess is polite and friendly. The servers are wonderful they know there dishes and wine selections they are very attentive always a step ahead. The owner Josephine is always present taking care of business and greeting everyone on there way in and out. There food selection is out of this world. MUST TRY THE DUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! The Lamb Osso Bucco and the Rigatoni ala Vodka are another one of my favorites too. They run a 3 course dinner that's fabulous if you are looking for a nice night out but don't want to break the bank its a must try. Go and try you will not be disappointed!!

1  Thank Lexi L
Reviewed March 15, 2012

The food is excellent not only in taste but in presentation, the service was exceptional, and not to fast like we enjoy, we will definetly go back.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Went with 2 families, 7 people in total. It was Christmas Eve, they were open, and we had reservations. Restaurant was not full at any point while we were there (arrived at 7pm). They sat us in a tent-like portion of the room, where 2 portable air-conditioning units were blowing fans on us. We asked that they be redirected, but our request was refused.

Everyone ordered and the salads/apps arrived in good time. Then we sat, and sat and sat, for 45 minutes. An inquiry to our waiter (friendly but frazzled) offered assurance that the food was coming shortly, the kitchen was very busy (?). Another 15 minutes passed and the entrees started to come out. Some had obviously been sitting under heat lamps or reheated in microwaves. I had a chicken dish, one piece was nice looking, the other looked like it had been dipped in batter but not cooked - the batter was white! I showed the waiter who asked me if I wanted him to take it back (!)- ummm yes please. It returned and looked very under cooked so I did not eat it. The rest of the food was decent, nothing special.

I get that it was X-mas eve, and the staff may not have been thrilled to be working, but the waiter told us that the chef was having tantrums and got angry every time he had entered the kitchen to check on the status of our food! Don't want to work - quit, there are others who would love your job!

1  Thank exmontrealgirl