“I would have rated it lower if zero was an option”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Jake's Stone Crab - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Charlotte, North Carolina
“I would have rated it lower if zero was an option”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

It was dirty and over priced. The owner served us and even worse the service was bad. We were served with dirty plates with food stuck to the bottom. It stained the table cloth. All the owner did was cover the stain with a cloth napkin. Like that makes up for being unsanitary.

new jersey
“OUT OF BUSINESS”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

You don't have to read any further. The restaurant has closed its doors. Before I can submit this, there must be at least 100 characters.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank lobels
Cincinnati,OH
“WORST MEAL IN OVER A YEAR”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife and I are seafood lovers. It seemed Boca did not have any seafood restraunts that were rated very well, and we were wanting some stone crabs before the season ended so , despite the not so good reviews we went to Jake's.

It had been raining a litte that evening, and when we entered the restraunt, we ask for a table for two, The owner or manger ( not sure) grabbed two menus and stated walking to a table. My wife ask me if I wanted to eat outside, as they had tables , but no one was sitting outside. The owner manager, looked back , rolled his eyes and lead us to our inside table. WOW, what an %^%$.

Waitress was not any friendlier than the owner. We both order stone crabs and wine. At this point the waitress knew this was not going to be cheap meal so you might think hey give them good service and i should be looking at least $50 tip. Well she got no better, when she would come by she would ask if all was ok, but really did not stop at the table , she just ask as she walked by.

I also had a shrimp cocktail $ 18 , it was NOT even fresh, watery and limp. My wifes grouper was just awful. SHe ate 4 bites and gave up, It was not cooked well, and again was frozen , watery and tasteless. We also got fried potatoes , the were jsut a pile of grease. Not eatible.

My wife and I are not hard to please. We never complain, and never look for anything free.
When the waitress saw we ate very little of the Grouper and potatoes, she did ask if it was OK.
We simple said it was just not very good. SHe said OK and walked away..

This place it a Joes Stone Crab ( Miami) wannbe, as their menu has many similiar items,
Joes is Awesome, JAKES IS AWFUL.

As we left the owner and our waitress were standing by the exit, we thank them and they mumbled good night.

The only positve was a waitress asisistant, a young girl with dark hair, was very pleasant.

This would go down as one of my top 10 WORST meals ever.

Total bill for two, was just under $ 200.00

DO NOT TAKE A CHANCE HERE AND HOPE IT WILL BE BETTER LIKE WE DID.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank liberty7734
Southampton, NJ
“Very good, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Jake's was a good little local restaurant, food was very good, staff was friendly and helpful. She-crab soup, super. Entree's were prepared perfectly and served promptly. Would return again. Only draw back was parking lot, confusing.

• Visited February 2013
Boise, Idaho, Usa
“Overpriced and disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

The best thing was our waiter Raymond who could not have tried harder. The food was good but not up to level you would expect for a $30 entree. I would eat elsewhere next time.

• Visited February 2013