“Call Ahead”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 825 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Boca Raton, Florida
“Call Ahead”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

For what it is, they do a terrific job. My only complaint is that, while I love that they take call aheads, they seem to not have figured out how to manage them - long waits beyond what was quoted on several visits.

Visited February 2013

Miami, Florida
“Nice stake house”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The place was packed solid on a Tuesday night. That's a good sign. Ten minutes at the bar, the table was ready. The menu is rather simple with a few daily specials. Paired my filet mignon with a glass of Pinot Noir,- both were excellent! Pinot Noir was a nice selection for 9$ a glass. Filet Mignon was a heaven, couldn't be done any better. It was a nice cut meat cooked to perfection and served with bearnaise souse and loaded baked potato.
We also had tuna salad,- an oriental variation with fried noodles and peanut source. The tataki style tuna with salad was just ok. They could serve a sushi grade cut for that price. I don't mind spending a few greens when the food is worth it. Filet Mignon was well worth 36$.
Overall, "Alexanders" is a great place for a steak that will have my business again. For fish and oriental inspirations I will stick to other restaurants even though.
By the way, the service was the most professional and attentive I have ever experienced for a long while.

• Visited February 2013
Toronto, Canada
“wonderful food and wonderful service”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

we dined at j. alexanders for a birthday outing. the food, atmosphere and service were all excellent. from the salads to the fish to the prime rib, which I had, everthing was perfect. I have enjoyed this restaurant in the past, but I find their attention to detail has actually improved. For value and taste, this was one of the best restaurant meals I have had this winter.

• Visited February 2013
Westchester NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great night, especially on Valentines Day”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I usually don't go out on Valentines Day ( too crowded, too many "amateurs") but we're on vacation so we went. Morton's and Ruth Chris both booked. I had been to another Alexander's before but can't remember where - maybe AL? Anyway, was pretty pleased. Food very good and service great. Got out early before they were totally slammed. Pricey but would go there again. Loved the grilled artichoke appe. :)

New York
“Great Find in Boca!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We loved every bite! Although this was not a 'cheap' dinner, it was delicious. Hubby had the crab cakes. They tasted fresh, moist, and delicious. The side dish - macaroni & cheese was quite rich and yummy. My dish was BBQ spare ribs - absolutely scrumptious! Every drop of meat was wonderful! My side dish was cubes of butternut squash with a cinnamon-sugar drizzle. We splurged on dessert- their famous carrot cake. Amazing.....served warm with cream cheese spread on top...so fresh - I think the most delicious carrot cake we've ever had.

Lovely restaurant, good service, wonderful food.

Visited February 2013