“my max”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Friends love this place. We liked the atmosphere and staff. Not crazy about the Pho. Other foods we ate were very tasty and we will skip the Pho and make other choices when we return. Doubt that we will go back on our own, but our friends will certainly suggest it again.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Always reliable fresh and family run restaurant. I always ask for more spice and Duc, the chef, delivers. Don't miss on staffed cabbage soup, it is just superb!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Start with the pan fried rice floured crepe stuffed with delicious vegetables and chicken. All the other main courses I've eaten are flavor surprises. This is a small family run restaurant with simple decor coupled with informed and gracious service. This is a do not miss for good food that is a super value.

1  Thank Hilltopman44
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is a smaller restaurant with two levels at the end of a strip mall in Boca (north of Linton, South of Yamato).

Simple decor, full lighting.

I have visited this restaurant 6 times now, and every time the service has been fine as far as friendliness and getting your meal, but ordering anything additional like a dessert or getting your check is brutal. Last month I visited and, although my card was on the table and our plates empty, it took ONE FULL HOUR for him to pick up the check ... Some call this "unhurried" service, but, we really had things to do .. We were there for hours.

However, the the man who typically serves (everyone in the restaurant) is very nice and we can't get ourselves to complain. :)

I went, again, this past weekend and - for the first time - had a different server, who was on top of the bill.

PS - it has never been busy, never a wait, and always open tables - even on a weekend. So no worries about waiting to be seated.

Helpful tips:

One thing I noticed is that there are no beverages OR dessert items on the menu. But they do have them. I have never once been offered a beverage other than water, which they generously poor and keep your glass filled. My husband asked last week if they have sodas and, yes, it seems they carry Coke products in cans.

I have no idea if they carry any alcoholic beverages.

The other thing is dessert!! Although we were told they did not have it that day the last time I inquired, they do make an interesting and delicious lemon dessert. A friend of mine (who introduced me to this restaurant) is the one who told me they make it.

Our big draw to this place is their crepe. There was a Vietnamese restaurant in Boynton in the 90's that served, what they called, a "Happy Pancake". Other Vietnamese restaurants serve their version, but not like this. These were outstanding. So my friend (who introduced me to Cay Da) searched high and low to find a replacement when the Boynton restaurant went out of business, and finally found Cay Da and their version was the closest to the one she loved in Boynton. And trust me, she searched, so you can take this recommendation for their crepe as a high compliment if that's what you are seeking.

The crepe is very large and can be ordered with chicken, pork, shrimp, or a combination of any of the 3. I always choose just shrimp. And as a side note, their shrimp is very good. Sometimes, even at nicer Thai restaurants, I will order shrimp and - no matter how it's cooked, it just tastes "fishy", too strong. There has to be something wrong with that.

But never at Cay Da. It's always large shrimp, delicious, and tastes fresh.

Also, in the appetizers, the shrimp (not certain what it's called, but it's fried) is very good and really large in portion size.

If you ask questions, the owner (who is serving you) will give you a lot of information about Vietnamese food and the differences between it and other cultures. He will tell you how the lemon dessert is made (trust me, my mother grilled him on his culture when I took her for her birthday) and more. He is a very friendly man.

Good change of pace -- visit Cay Da and just be sure to let them know you will need to leave if, in fact, you are in a hurry.

:D

Also, check LocalDines.com -- Cay Da has just started working with them!! I've been a customer of both for years and just saw they joined together (for now, anyway) and I got a 25 dollar certificate for half price.

2  Thank TheWanderer305
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Small Family owned restaurant, simple decor but service and food great. You will be attended by the owner (Duc) and his wife will be cooking for you. Very healthy and tasty real Vietnamese food. I recommend you the hot and also the cold spring rolls, the crispy duck, the curry is excellent as well as the fish. Prices are very reasonable, but you better go early as the kitchen closes at 8:00-8:30pm.