“Five star gastronomique experience in a beautiful atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro Gastronomie - CLOSED

Bistro Gastronomie
Cuisines: French, American, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
washington dc
“Five star gastronomique experience in a beautiful atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have been hearing raves about this restaurant so I decided to visit and see what the tumult was all about. It was such a culinary wow that I could not wait to write about it!!! This restaurant is stunning. When me and my wife walked through the door, we immediately felt as if we were in Paris. Beautiful chandeliers, wall coverings and window treatments brought the authenticity of French dining. The staff are very experienced with the maître d coming from the number 1 French restaurant in Washington, DC. The waiter staff are extremely experienced and were well versed in the menu and the intricacies of the dish preparations. Don't miss the onion tart. It is masterful. My wife and I got soft shell crabs as an appetizer. They were almond encrusted and so delicious!! We then got Dover sole. It's only description is OMG! The presentations are works of art. We ordered soufflé for dessert. It was made with the freshest of raspberries and was light yet masterful in taste and texture. In my opinion, this restaurant is not only number 1 in Boca but it is my favorite restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank tarbash
Gourmetguru67, Owner at Bistro Gastronomie, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of our beautiful restaurant! We always strive to exceed everyone's expectations and we are glad that we did not miss the mark with your experience. We hope that you will return soon and often and enjoy the exciting new flavors of our ever burgeoning menu options. Again, it is such a pleasure to read such a favorable and encouraging review as so much energy and effort goes into each day to ensure success! Merci Beaucoup et A bientot! Chef William Walden

Boca Raton, Florida
“Anticipted evening turns sour”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were looking forward to trying this new venue that had gotten such terrific reviews and decided to do it for a Early Special menu. We arrived at 6 PM and were told our order had to be in by 6:30 for the special. We ordered wine (there were 6 of us) and waited and waited. Finally we called over a different server and told him our order had not been taken and we were running out of time! Our waiter finally came. Appetizers--3 onion soups were salty, pate was fine and salads were OK. Main courses. From the limited menu we ordered 2 chacroutes, one softshell crab, one salmon, and 2 boeuf bourginons. Salty!! The chacroutes consisted of overdone duck and sausage and a piece of ham you would need a saw to cut. The softshell was overly coated.
Dessert was a pseudo napoleon with no pastry. Service was spotty.
Maybe those who order off of the regular menu are happier. As it was we spent over $80 per couple for this meal. Not happy!!!

• Visited June 2014
We regret the experience that you had in our restaurant the other evening. Service is of utmost importance to all of us as a team, and the food has to be exceptional. I am quite horrified about your posting given the fact that we are offering a Sunset Menu which is 3 courses plus an intermezzo for just $29 dollars!! Regardless of our attempts, we obviously failed in every way to satisfy you and I am genuinely disappointed too. Thank you for taking the time to write your review so that we are better informed moving forward. I can assure you that this must have been a fluke!, and we hope that you will be willing to experience the restaurant again in a different light. Merci Beaucoup et a la prochaine..........Chef William Walden
Boca Raton, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best food that we had in a long time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

As you entered the restaurant you immediately have a feeling of being in Paris. The decor is perfect and so is the ambience,also not to forget who ever decorated this place also carefully tough of the sound .
As for the food by far the best in south Florida everything was top notch.
Everyone in our party of five where impressed and will return soon.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Claud456
Thank you for your review of our restaurant. We have a consuming passion for excellence and we are very glad that you took the time to comment about the food and decor. We trust that you will return soon and often, as your table will always be waiting. Merci Beaucoup et A bientot!
“Nowhere else comes close”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

This is a jewel of a place. The food and service are extraordinary but as a retired Interior designer, I must say something about the look of the place. It is quietly drop dead gorgeous.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Bobcat4739
Gourmetguru67, Owner at Bistro Gastronomie, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
We genuinely appreciate your recent review of our beautiful restaurant. Thank you for your kind reference to the extraordinary food and service. We too agree that the restaurant is drop dead gorgeous!!! Merci Beaucoup et a bientot. Executive Chef William Walden
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“An Extraordinary Fine Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

Enroute to a cruise, my family and I traveled to Florida a day early for the sole purpose of dining at this restaurant. We have dined at Chef Walden's Virginia venues for many years, and I had recently visited this venue, so the family was very excited about the new experience. To nobody's surprise, the dinner was exceptional. Chef Walden honored a special request for Wagyu Carpaccio appetizers for everyone. The Carpaccio, which was carefully marinated in advance, was the best I have experienced anywhere in the world. The entrees around the table spanned the menu (chateaubriand, duck breast, sea bass and Dover Sole), and were extraordinary. For anyone who has ever tried one of Chef Walden's perfect soufflés, it would be no surprise that every dinner ended with one. The service here, from the moment you enter, is flawless. Absolutely no detail is missed; in the kitchen, at the front of the house, or at the table. The incredibly beautiful décor is stunning, including the very appealing bar, which in my two visits has been tended by what might be the best bartender anywhere (he remembered my drink order from my sole visit more than a month ago). I noted some old friends from the Goodstone Inn in Virginia helping Chef Walden, along with a notable Maitre 'D who is a veteran of notable fine dining venues in the area as well. It just does not get better than this. As I well know, and Boca Raton locals are now learning, this is almost certainly the best fine dining venue in Florida. Also, I found the prices to be far lower than one would expect from a venue at this level.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Steven C
Gourmetguru67, Owner at Bistro Gastronomie, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
On belhalf of the staff here at Bistro Gastronomie, We all thank you so much for your incredible review of our restaurant! We always strive as a team to exceed all of our guests' expectations and it is wonderful to know that we did not miss the mark with your recent experience! I am glad that you enjoyed the Carpaccio of Beef as much as we did preparing it. We will always have your table waiting the next time you are in Boca Raton! Best Culinary wishes.............Executive Chef William Walden