“A gem in a mountain of mediocrity”

Twenty Twenty Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Twenty Twenty Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 812 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Christchurch, New Zealand
“A gem in a mountain of mediocrity”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Having read about a new restaurant in a local newspaper I was eager to have a meal at Twenty Twenty Grille. My companion joined me last evening for a fantastic meal. I did make a reservation even for a Wednesday evening. Without a reservation during the weekend, I would doubt that one would be able to be seated. After giving our orders, we were presented with a sampling of white and brown breads and then an amuse bush of fresh corn kernels, bite-size pieces of chicken, mango and atop this pre-formed small hill an avocado cream. A shared plate of the beet salad was sufficient for the two of us. Then Ron, chef and part owner along with his wife Rhonda who is the chief oat front of house, served us an intermezzo with the challenge of naming the ingredients & we would be entitled to a prize. I managed 1 of the 3 ingredients, although failing in the challenge we were able to continue with our meal. I had ordered the brined rack of lamb--there were 8 chops to the rack about twice as much as served in many other local restaurants. The chops were cooked to perfection (rare to medium--as lamb should be cooked) and not a morsel was left on my plate. My companion ordered the Grouper fish and by the swiftness of seeing her empting the plate I would say that she was completely happy with her choice. We shared an order of profiteroles and my only complaint was that I had to share--the chocolate sauce was heavenly. The coffee was not as strong as my companion had hoped--the one negative to her meal. The pralines were the perfect sweet to end the best meal I have eaten in the county.
The restaurant when at capacity of patrons could be quite noisy and claustrophobic as there is very little room between tables in the inside dining-room. I found it somewhat difficult to find the restaurant as it is located within a cul-de-sac of stores and from the roadway not easily located. The food that Ron creates is described as modern American and the restaurant has the ambiance, created by the owners, of a well establish European restaurant devoted to creative & artistically presented food.

1 Thank SavannahPeach45

boca raton
“Excellent Food and Atmosphere!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Excellent dining experience from beginning to end!

I will start this review by saying my husband and I are foodies! We don't dine at the same place often as we feel we can make it better at home! This being SAID...we LOVED this restaurant.
Owners and staff we very attentive and knowledgeable. Good Wine selection...My husband had duck and rack of lamb...beautiful presentation and flavor. I had a beet salad and snapper....I wanted to lick the plate!!! Same for dessert! They serve little palate cleansers between meals...
One was a blueberry,basil and carmelized onion sorbet....OMG...sooo good....MUSt TRY!

1 Thank theabbyinn
Boca Raton, Florida
“Almost excellent”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We had an enjoyable visit that began with a warm welcome. We chose to sit outside on a balmy evening and attentive service meant we were never left waiting for anything.

The food is creative and inventive with choices of complementary ingredients that worked successfully. Although it was reassuring to know that because everything was cooked fresh the kitchen could substitute if necessary, we did not need to make changes.

From the initial amuse bouche (a gorgonzola flavored marshmallow creation) to the appetisers, palate cleanser, entrees, bon bon and dessert, one was conscious of careful effort from the chef. Not that there is no room for improvement - for example, the game hen could have benefited from some additional (curry) sauce on the side, and the apple & guava crumb was weak, being somewhat stodgy.

When word gets around, the restaurant will get busier and there will be more pressure on the kitchen and wait staff. Hopefully, these promising, initial high standards will be maintained.

We regard a fair overall rating as Very Good, but there is clearly potential for this to move up to Excellent.

2 Thank David G
Boca Raton, Florida
“Wonderful new restaurant in Boca”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Twenty Twenty Grille gets its name from the fact that it only seats 20 diners inside and 20 outside. The family-run establishment boasts a truly creative chef whose charming wife runs the front of the operation. The cuisine is both satisfying and imaginative. Everything we tried-- from amuse bouche to starter to intermezzo to entree to dessert was fantastic. Perfect crab cakes, divine snapper, perfectly cooked steak, duck "tacos"-- every dish was memorable. There is an ample wine list, the prices are modest for the quality of the cooking, and the noise level is reasonable because there are so few tables. A little tricky to find, tucked in a pretty via in the midst of the Royal Palm Place shopping plaza (where there's ample parking). A fantastic culinary addition to an already crowded Boca restaurant scene.

3 Thank johncgore
Bruges, Belgium
“Superb Food and Service!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Please visit this new restaurant as it will not fail to please. One of the best food experiences you will have in Boca. If you do not know what a amuse bouche is then this delightful restaurant will probably be wasted on you!!! They work hard to deliver delicious food, carefully and thoughtfully prepared and most of all served impeccably. Seek and you shall find. A rare Boca commodity that when you do you will be delighted you made the effort!!! Superb and worth 5 stars!!!

2 Thank Paul W