“Good for beginner snorkelers”
Review of Red Reef Park

Red Reef Park
Ranked #5 of 83 things to do in Boca Raton
Peoria, Illinois
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Good for beginner snorkelers”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We visited Red Reef Park while vacationing in Lauderdale by the Sea. I had done some research online for a place to get in some shallow water snorkeling within a short drive from Lauderdale by the Sea. I am really not comfortable in deep water - on a previous vacation we took a day trip to John Pennecamp Park in Key Largo - I was not disappointed with our visit to Red Reef Park. There is an area of rocks to snorkel around that was teeming with sea life the day we were there - very colorful little fish and we even got a glimpse of a larger fish (sorry don't know what kind) with some blue-green coloring.This is a great place to for those with little snorkeling experience and there were quite a few children there. I had an absolute great time, the others in my family who are much better swimmers were probably a bit bored. We did have some difficulty finding the park even with our mapquest driving directions. Once we found the entrance though it was not much of a walk to the rocky snorkeling area. This park also has showers and picnic areas.

Visited June 2011
4 Thank jotirico

LS, MO
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Should be named No Reef Park”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

According to lifeguard, the artificial reef is covered by sand so there is no cover to attract fish.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Stuart H
Denver, CO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Clean Relaxing Beach”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My kids loved snorkeling here and I loved sitting on the beach watching them. The beach is clean and fairly quite.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank heidiswetich
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Absolutely Beautiful!!!”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Very beautiful park on A1A in Boca. Parking for the beach was $17.00 for my husband & myself. So clean, gorgeous flora and fauna, easy beach access and outdoors showers to get rid of the sand & salt. We try and visit this park every year we visit South Florida.

Visited September 2011
5 Thank DWhite1157
Orlando, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great beach snorkelling experience”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I discovered this park on the internet while looking for a place to go snorkeling near Boca Raton. What a find. This park was close to my hotel, so I rode my bike over and spent the afternoon on the beach. The real treat is the snorkelling. There are great reefs for snorkelling just off the beach in relatively shallow water, depending on the tide. Best to go at high tide. Perfect for beginner snorkelers and children. Nice collection of fish, including an occasional barracuda. Parking is very expensive at the park; $18.00 per day. I noticed that the locals try to find off street parking nearby and walk instead of paying the on-site parking fee. Or bring your bycicle like I did. Park admission is free. Full restroom and cookout facilities. Lifeguard on duty in the Summer. Warm, clear water. Nice boardwalk accross the dunes. Several good restaurants nearby. Well worth a consideration for a day at the baech in southern Palm Beach County.

Visited July 2011