“Terrific Experience”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 5th Street
Transit: Yes, nearby on Federal Highway.
Description: Recently renovated, Ovenella has modern but comfortable booths and tables. A medium size bar separates two dining rooms for ample seating and privacy. The Open kitchen has a large glass window to keep noise at a minimum, but shows off the beauty of the coal fire oven. Outdoor seating is available and renovations to include a cover are coming soon.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Terrific experience. I recently had my rehearsal dinner at Ovenella and was very happy with the level of service provided. David, the manager was excellent, he ensured that everything ran smoothly and put together a great party. I had 28 guests and we all sat outside. The food was terrific, my guests all loved the food. The service was very attentive and prompt as well. In all, I was very pleased and impressed with the whole experience. Everything I discussed with David previous to the party he did, he even made a custom menu for our party which was very nice.

There are newer reviews for Ovenella

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I drove down from North Palm Beach county to have dinner at Ovenella's. My wife went crazy the week before over a roasted veggie pizza- from yellow heirlooms on down the best she had ever had. We arrived early and decided to just graze through the bar menu since it was happy hour. While she had the same veggie pizza I had the mussels appetizer as well as the eggplant. It was obvious that they take their food seriously and all the preparations had a professional and loving touch. Being a transplanted New Yorker as well as a foodie and retired executive chef it was a pleasure to run into the real deal.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We meet at Ovenella once a week for happy hour. Food is always outstanding and the staff is friendly and efficient. Our group may be as small as 4 people and as many as 16 people. The management is always accomodating and eager to please. Highly recommend!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Such a good surprise. Unpretentious from outside but a very pleasant atmosphere after you walk in. I had a short ribs with mushrooms and truffle risotto and it was fantastic. Excellent draft beers selection as well. They even have Magic Hat from Vermont, one of my favorite beers. I will certainly stop by again and try their pizza next time...

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Had lunch here last year and decided to come back for dinner on a cold evening. Very good food. Pea soup with ham excellent, mussel appetizer perfect, rigatoni pasta delicious and special seafood pizza good. But food is not the only thing. We arrived early with a 6:15 pm. reservation, the place was empty and were seated at a 2 topper by the door to the patio. During dinner we were blasted with over 50 bursts of cold wind from waiters coming through the patio doors. The manager/owner told us as we paid the bill that it was a poor location for a table and acknowledged the constant bursts of cold air. During the entire time there was always an open 2 topper where we could have been seated. Why would a hostess not be trained to use this table last? Instead she gave it to the first diners of the evening, right in front of the manager who knew about the problem. When we enquired about happy hour and were informed that it was only available at the bar went ahead and ordered (gigantic watered down) cocktails. Two ladies were seated directly behind us who immediately asked the manager about happy hour and he said it was at the bar only but said he could get it no problem for them. We enquired again about it and after much fluff and flux from the waitress and 'special permission' from the manager we received our second happy hour round of cocktails. (They were not watered down like the first ones. Seems like the bartender used a cocktail shaker for the first round with melted ice in the shaker - sloppy. He would immediately have known they were watered down as they came full to the brim but didn't seem to care.) Then later were informed that they always really honor the happy hour at the tables until 7 pm. (We arrived at 6:15). Why all the hassle in the first place? Also I do not like to be able to view the kitchen area and see four chefs working, one with a baseball hat on backwards and the other three with nothing covering their hair. In fact the chef or sous chef was working with a mustache and long hair directly over the plating. Another one licked his forefinger for whatever reason. Gross. We definately got the notion that the staff was not particularly organized or trained. We had a total of 6 different people attend to our table. Everybody seemed busy running around doing whatever. The manager/owner barked orders to all of them until the place started filling up at 7pm. The food overall was very good but we left feeling we had just eaten in the middle of the frigid arctic gold rush in the mess tent. Word to the owner, if your customers can see open food sanitation violations in the open kitchen, what other violations exist? Please get your act together management!

1  Thank BeyondFLL